Tommy

Author
HookLineSinker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2008/01/26 17:20:13 (permalink)

Tommy

Hit the southeast section today in search of the elusive walleye. Still haven't found one in there. I did have a semi-productive day though. Iced 2 healthy smallies (back down the hole), 2 yellows (9" and 10"), and 2 white perch (13" and 15").

Good thing I took my back up 6" auger with me today. Stupid me didn't make sure the wingnut was tightened on my 8". Drilling my 2nd hole (still pitch dark out) and the bottom piece goes down the hole. I tried to reach for it, and all I came up with is a wet arm up to my shoulder. Don't know what made me bring my other auger, but sure glad I did.

Talked to a group of 3 older gentlemen close by. They hadn't any flags by the time I left. I told them "it's not hard to get skunked on the 'hannock.

I'll be out on Ballston lake tomorrow for a few hours. Gotta work in the afternoon.

3 Replies Related Threads

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Tommy 2008/02/02 02:54:29 (permalink)
    Fished the Tomhannock (Northern end) on sunday for a few hours with a buddy, we had a total of one perch between us. (he had smaller minnows)   Went back friday morning about 830am, got set up in 22-36' of water and waited for the storm.  It snowed briefly, then turned to straight rain. I used big 6-8" suckers hoping for big 'eyes and had no takers.  My jigging was futile as it so often is.  By 1230 I had enough. Very tough year so far for me. I think I better hit Lk. Lonely so at least I can see a flag go up. 
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Tommy 2008/02/02 09:58:47 (permalink)
    hook, i hope you marked the spot so as to return with heavy snag gear to retrieve your expensive augers bottom half! Hope it wasn't dropped too deep?  Reminds me why I should invest in a pocket hand held GPS device. A GPS can prove invaluable for pin point mapping for such unfortunite mishaps.. I am considering one for the trails and lakes, I icefish and fish lakes out of small boats enough so, the GPS can be a worthy investment for helping pinpoint underwater structures and mark spots of interest.   GL hook
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Tommy 2008/02/03 17:03:38 (permalink)
    It was probably in about 20' of water. Probably could have marked the hole and rigged something up to retrieve it, but I just bought a new one. shhh, don't tell the city of Troy.
    Jump to: