Spring fixes or upgrades for your boat?

Author
ZelieSam
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 727
  • Reward points: 0
2015/03/30 13:19:55 (permalink)

Spring fixes or upgrades for your boat?

Well, not quite time yet but soon will be getting the 'toon out of storage.  The old girl needs a few things done and I may even do a few of them this year.  

- lower grease for the outboard (have to do this one)
- install a pump to fill my portable livewell 
- add a proper rear light (been using a lantern on a shepherd's hook) and fix/replace the green/red lights 
- add a drain fitting to the portable livewell

The pump thing is a bit tricky.  Need to make one of those aluminum brackets for it I guess and put it behind the toon.  We typically just fill it with a couple buckets of lake water, which keeps short perch and small gills alive all day for bait.  But it'd be nice to have it rigged for night fishing when you net a bunch of alewives.  Those guys need steady water exchange or they croak right away.  

What's on your spring fixit list?

2 Replies Related Threads

Eman89so
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1806
    Re: Spring fixes or upgrades for your boat? 2015/03/30 15:33:19 (permalink)
    I shot my lower unit wire yesterday somehow possible short somewhere.. it's the wire that keeps the lower unit grounded
    jaydse
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 128
    Re: Spring fixes or upgrades for your boat? 2015/03/30 18:53:07 (permalink)
    Lower unit do research on mystic grease . I was spending twice as much on quick silver and my motor chattered when running . I used mystic wal mart has it for 4 bucks . Motor doesn't chatter at all now . Can't remember what one is best for outboards .

Mercury jet, & Tohotsu prop.  Lowes boat, ST. Croix poles Shimano reels .
    Jump to: