Crossbow hunting in PA?

Author
AnimalCannibal1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points: 0
2008/01/24 19:15:55 (permalink)

Crossbow hunting in PA?

Figure some of you will have an answer to this. Is crossbow hunting legal in pa? If so, is it just during archery season? Any suggestions on a solid crossbow? Thanx!

..And then I saw a sheet being let down from Heaven and it contained all the four legged creatures of the Earth. And then the Lord told me "Get up Peter, Kill and Eat."

6 Replies Related Threads

T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: Crossbow hunting in PA? 2008/01/24 20:52:55 (permalink)
    You ready for this?  Only legal for everyone during any gun season.  By special permit only in archery season.  Up until about 6 years ago, they were actually on the illegal weapons list in PA.  Ridge did one thing right while in office.

Mine is a Horton Yukon.  Old duud.  And heavy.  The new models are lighter and faster.  Quieter, too I hope.  I would shop around, and check out customer reviews on the bigger sites.  Obviously, checking with a dealer will lead you in 3 directions. 

1.  Duud knows his stuff and is willing to sell you just what you need. 
    2.  Duud is a hardcore archer who hates crossbows anyways and just sells them to make a buck, so he'll sell you what he thinks you can afford.
    3.  Duud knows nothing at all and will sell you anything so he can get back to flirting with the cashier.

Good luck.  Let us know what you find in your search.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    RE: Crossbow hunting in PA? 2008/01/24 21:05:24 (permalink)
    2B, 5C & 5D were open durin archery.
    AnimalCannibal1
    New Angler
    RE: Crossbow hunting in PA? 2008/01/24 21:19:27 (permalink)
    Thanx for the info. I think I may qualify for a "special permit" as i have a long lasting chest injury which will prevent me from repeatedly pulling a compound. Any info on how to go about obtaining this permit? Is there a form, do i need a note from my doctor? How does one go about this? Thanx!

..And then I saw a sheet being let down from Heaven and it contained all the four legged creatures of the Earth. And then the Lord told me "Get up Peter, Kill and Eat."
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    RE: Crossbow hunting in PA? 2008/01/24 21:41:30 (permalink)
    www.pgc.state.pa.us

Go to quick clicks or somethin like that it should be on the right side of their home page last time I looked.
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: Crossbow hunting in PA? 2008/01/25 09:35:38 (permalink)
    Doctor must fill out the form stating that they believe you will never recover from your injury. I thought about getting one, then just went to a lighter draw bow.
    AnimalCannibal1
    New Angler
    RE: Crossbow hunting in PA? 2008/01/26 09:25:07 (permalink)
    I checked into crappiefishers link (which im embarrassed to have not found myself, but thank you), and it appears you can get a permit yearly for temp injury, or lifetime for perm injury. 

Jump to: