HE IS AT IT AGAIN

Author
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
  • Reward points: 0
2015/03/08 09:17:45 (permalink)

HE IS AT IT AGAIN

In a move clearly intended by the Obama Administration to suppress the acquisition, ownership and use of AR-15s and other .223 caliber general purpose rifles, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives unexpectedly announced today that it intends to ban commonplace M855 ball ammunition as “armor piercing ammunition.” The decision continues Obama’s use of his executive authority to impose gun control restrictions and bypass Congress.
View Related Articles

Write Your Lawmakers and BATFE

BATFE is proposing to ban common rifle ammunition used by millions of gun owners. If their proposal is approved, it will result in a ban on the sale of commonly sold rifle ammunition used by gun owners for hunting, target shooting and self-defense. Write the BATFE and your members of Congress and express your opposition to this proposal. You may call your members of Congress at 202-224-3121.
WRITE YOUR LAWMAKERS AND BATFE

It isn’t even the third week of February, and the BATFE has already taken three major executive actions on gun control. First, it was a major change to what activities constitute regulated “manufacturing” of firearms. Next, BATFE reversed a less than year old position on firing a shouldered “pistol.” Now, BATFE has released a “Framework for Determining Whether Certain Projectiles are ‘Primarily Intended for Sporting Purposes’ Within the Meaning of 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(c)”, which would eliminate M855’s exemption to the armor piercing ammunition prohibition and make future exemptions nearly impossible.      
By way of background, federal law imposed in 1986 prohibits the manufacture, importation, and sale by licensed manufacturers or importers, but not possession, of “a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely . . . from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium.” Because there are handguns capable of firing M855, it “may be used in a handgun.” It does not, however, have a core made of the metals listed in the law; rather, it has a traditional lead core with a steel tip, and therefore should never have been considered “armor piercing.” Nonetheless, BATFE previously declared M855 to be “armor piercing ammunition,” but granted it an exemption

7 Replies Related Threads

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: HE IS AT IT AGAIN 2015/03/08 10:28:26 (permalink)
    S-10 thank-you for taking the time to post the information....................

Been a NRA member myself and I applaud their work with keeping the politicians on the straight and narrow regarding the "2nd Amendment".

However, I would like to provide some "food for thought" to those individuals that wish to use, the web sight listed, as a means of filing their concerns.

Do not use your primary e-mail address as you will be inundated with spam.  Posting your phone number will get you those unwanted phone solicitations, even if your registered with the "National Do Not Call Registry" (YOU gave them your phone number).  Last but not least (while it supports the USPS ) your incoming mail will double.

Try forfeiting some info (like the e-mail or phone number) and the sight will not permit you to send your concern(s). Then give some consideration to my 'food for thought'.

NOT trying to PIZZ on somebodies parade, I just know the information you provide will be used for other purposes.

Joined the NRA, got tons of request for donations, followed by a membership renewal one year later.  Guess the membership committee didn't get the memo about the other contributions I made during the year.  Donations that exceeded the "membership dues" required, to remain a active member. 

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    Re: HE IS AT IT AGAIN 2015/03/08 10:41:56 (permalink)
    They do send a lot of requests for donations but you have to remember that they/we are up against the likes of Bloomberg, Buffett, and the other liberals with lots of cash to spend and we need to get our message out. Other folks have given their limbs or lives to protect our rights over the decades.
    r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: HE IS AT IT AGAIN 2015/03/08 12:01:45 (permalink)
    Guns are BAD
    People who own guns are DUMB  and BAD
    Country folks who have guns or not are DUMB REDNECKS 
    Rednecks voting areas are all RED
    Take away bullets and they wont realize you have negated their guns too cause they are all BAD, DUMB, REDNECKS.
    ONLY elitist URBIES are good and SMART enough to make rules for all those other poor fools.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HE IS AT IT AGAIN 2015/03/08 12:20:22 (permalink)
    Agreed........... The NRA does a very important job.

I just don't appreciate them outsourcing their, fund raising means or, support generating efforts where a person must provide non-essential information before you can proceed.  Tried the sight  and it will not continue without e-mail or telephone number.  I'm pretty sure, many people will not forward their concerns for this very reason.  Nor, will they take the time to find the e-mail/telephone numbers of their respective politicians or, the White House. 

Personally, I think the NRA would get far more support with their letter campaign if they would just ask for the essentials and a donation.  Plus, mention several ideas, as some people can't put their feelings into words. (or gets carried away(lol))

As for donations, I'm thinking the NRA is one non-profit organization where the donations cannot be used as deductions. (Imagine that!)
    Been donating to DAV better then forty two years and upon learning of my local Wounded Warriors Org. added them to my list.  Come to think of it, when I buy I donate, through Amazon.com, regarding our Veterans.

Once again, thank-you for taking the time to alert us as to the banning of this ammunition and future intensions of this WH administration. 

I've read many of your comments and look forward to threads you may post in the future.  Nice to chat with someone being open minded and not insulted by the opinion(s) of others.

Thanks again;

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/03/08 12:35:33

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HE IS AT IT AGAIN 2015/03/08 12:32:44 (permalink)
    r3g3
    Guns are BAD
    People who own guns are DUMB  and BAD
    Country folks who have guns or not are DUMB REDNECKS 
    Rednecks voting areas are all RED
    Take away bullets and they wont realize you have negated their guns too cause they are all BAD, DUMB, REDNECKS.
    ONLY elitist URBIES are good and SMART enough to make rules for all those other poor fools.

I'd be awfully careful posting comments under the guise of another person's ID Charti..

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: HE IS AT IT AGAIN 2015/03/08 14:39:00 (permalink)
    LOL
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: HE IS AT IT AGAIN 2015/03/08 15:41:14 (permalink)
    Happy you see the humor chart errr........ r3G3.   Certainly  "No offense intended"........  Bet my turns  a comin'............. now.

Jump to: