Helpful ReplyHot!_________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!!

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 33
Author
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 826
  • Reward points: 0
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/25 21:47:32 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8388
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/30 13:51:08 (permalink)
Goodell announces...............

New Chief Medical Officer (CMO(?)) to head-up NFL medical program....... To be named at a later date!

Dr. Gupta......................  Dr. Oz...................  Dr. Phil.............  Doogie Howser MD.  ..?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/31 13:36:50 (permalink)
walcat
You, you SHOULD know a lot medically!!

Keep this under your hat.......  I applied........  they said I was over qualified...  couldn't afford me. 

Ohhhhh well.............  their lose!   (snicker)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/01 11:20:14 (permalink)
walcat
As a HORSE doctor!!

Yes... that would be called a Veterinarian; enabling  me to quickly identify the south end of a north bound horse, of which, I believe I am speaking to.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/01 22:13:58 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!

Congratulations Patriots Nation..........

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6716
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/02 11:09:01 (permalink)
Pretty entertaining game.  Although, my power went out about 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter and missed the halftime show and part of the 3rd quarter...  The rest of the game was exciting.  I couldn't get over how Blount, singlehandedly shredded the Seahawks defense.  Oh yeah, 2.9 YPC ...  The final play of the game, you're kidding me?  Lynch on a roll and the team's identity, and you don't give it to him, or at least fake it to him?  Horrible way to end the game.  Pitt-esque ending.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/02 12:01:20 (permalink)
Blount may not have been given the opportunity to run the ball but, he certainly intimidated the Seahawks by merely being on the field.

The sorry point, about Blount, he wasn't wearing a Stillers uniform when he got his Super Bowl Ring! 

Oh well............. so comes the end to another year of the bowl.............  unfortunately ............. the toilet bowl for the Stillers.

We'll get em next year fellas...... 

Go Stillers.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/02 14:13:08 (permalink)
14 rushes for 40 yards, is given the opportunity and failing to earn more.  If he is as talented as you tried to make him out to be, that would be 14 rushes for 80+ yards, and earn another 5-15 more rushes.

If he didn't abandon his team like a sore loser brat, there was a possibility of him getting a ring with the Stillers.  

This Superbowl will have an asterisk in many minds.  Possibly more when/if the NFL reveals it's findings.  Highly doubtful they will release everything with the Patriots winning though.  Goodell will probably pucker up and apologize while on his knees to King Kraft. 
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/02 15:21:42 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Blount may not have been given the opportunity to run the ball but, he certainly intimidated the Seahawks by merely being on the field.

Were we watching the same game?  Blount's presence on the field didn't even come close to intimidating the #1 defense. In fact, New England didn't have much of a running game at all.  It was an air-show by Brady and he proved to be one of the all time best, especially with Butler sealing the deal and sealing Brady's legacy.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/02 23:12:35 (permalink)
Porktown
14 rushes for 40 yards, is given the opportunity and failing to earn more.  If he is as talented as you tried to make him out to be, that would be 14 rushes for 80+ yards, and earn another 5-15 more rushes.

If he didn't abandon his team like a sore loser brat, there was a possibility of him getting a ring with the Stillers.  

This Superbowl will have an asterisk in many minds.  Possibly more when/if the NFL reveals it's findings.  Highly doubtful they will release everything with the Patriots winning though.  Goodell will probably pucker up and apologize while on his knees to King Kraft. 

Porktown, I'm just callin' it as I see it...........  Blount has far more talent and ability than any of the replacements picked-up, by the Stillers, to replace/substitute Bell.  Having both Bell and Blount was a 'double edge sword' for the Stillers  (for various reasons, including injuries).  I don't agree with Blount's chosen exist from the Stillers and had he stayed he certainly would have gotten more playing time after Bell's injury.  By the same token, I don't blame Blount for wanting to play football, that's what he does. 

As for the yardage gained by Blount, "sometimes you get the bear; and sometimes the bear gets you".  We all saw the plays being run on the field that involved mostly short passes by Brady so, how does Blount make yardage if the play does not call for running the ball?  However, Blount's presence does call for a different defense in case of a running play.  Least not forget Blount has other abilities such as, blocking.  Unless I'm mistaken; the name of the game is to confuse the opponent whereby, your team is able to advance down the field.

As far as referring to the '*' being in the minds of many; likely but, mostly in the minds of the disgruntled.

Don't know if you've seen the latest report but, now it's down to one ball being 'grossly under inflated'. Should Goodell apologize to the Pat's; maybe, for taking so long to admit the official responsible for checking the 'balls' failed to do a thorough job.  Not to mention the NFL sat on the findings and allowed the Pat's to take a severe brow beating from the press and other 'has been NFL players'.

As far as the "him getting a ring with the Stillers"; seriously,  I think the Stillers would have had a greater chance at getting to the Super Bowl had the Stillers had a head coach that knew something about coaching!  Maybe Blount would have stayed with the Stillers and helped them to win a ring. Just think if Blount would have been running the play when Bell got injured. Blount may have never gotten so much as a bruise; we will never know.  As for the competence of the Stiller's head coach; well, I was always taught "never put all your eggs in the same basket"!  I wonder if 'Mr. My Way Or The High Way' called Blount to congratulate him on his new ring?

ridgehunter

BeenThereDoneThat.

Were we watching the same game?  Blount's presence on the field didn't even come close to intimidating the #1 defense. In fact, New England didn't have much of a running game at all.  It was an air-show by Brady and he proved to be one of the all time best, especially with Butler sealing the deal and sealing Brady's legacy.

Yes we were and while Blount wasn't used, he still needed to be covered whereby allowing other receivers to make plays. His presence on the field is not taken lightly by a defense like the Seahawks.

Not putting Blount on a pedestal guys;  just saying players attitudes can be managed by a talented coach and ruined by a incompetent coach.   Coaching involves a whole lot more than sending in plays!

Enjoyed the chat and looking forward to doing it again. Til then....................... GO STILLERS.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/02/02 23:20:18

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/02 23:32:23 (permalink)
DANG near forgot......................

Congratulations Le'Veon Bell............. Fantasy Football Player of the Year!

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/02/03 08:21:53 (permalink)
This game came down to Jeremy Lane getting injured early, and Brady picking apart his back up.  I think that I heard, 1/2 of the yards through the air, came from plays targeted at him.  Unfortunate that their #1 defense wasn't truly there, or they likely win by 20+.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/08/14 22:35:08 (permalink)
                   ================ Welcome to Stillers 2015-16 Football ==================

I'm trying to remain positive here.......................... honest!

Welllllll............ ok............. maybe!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/08/29 22:58:52 (permalink)
Didn't get to see the game today; did Vic play,  who won?

Does Michael kick (other than dogs) field goals?

Ps. Is MikeTomlin still coaching?

Just me being me, thanks for listening and have a good night! 

GOOOOO Stillers............. right into the

ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/08/29 23:57:27 (permalink)
I'm glad that there are some on here that feel they are freakin saints, an never did anything wrong in their life.

Vick served his time for his crime. Nuff said.   

He's now a backup QB for the Steelers.  Get over it already.

Steeler's offense will be awesome.

Their D is very questionable?

I still see them winning the division.
post edited by ridgehunter - 2015/08/30 00:06:14
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/08/30 10:11:15 (permalink)
Geez............  I didn't mean to give the impression I am a Saint, far from it, the truth be known. 

Speaking of New Orleans; what's all the hub bub with this Katrina stuff anyway?  Certainly not the first major storm to hit the U.S. and unfortunately, won't be the last.

Returning to football I should like to get back to being myself and, place my head on the 'proverbial chopping block', in saying the Dallas Cowboys will (in Jerry's mind) be  "America's Team"  but the Patriots,  having a ax to grind, will get "one for the thumb"!

Disclaimer: The thoughts and comments expressed are solely those of an old hairy guy suffering from lack of fishing and many hours of archery practice under hot August sun.

That being said;

pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 977
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/08/31 15:52:43 (permalink)
The chatter about Vick is gentle here compared to a lot of other sights.  Me, couldn't care less one way or another, enough POS to go around in the NFL.  But I wrote this on my Face Book page this morning for a certain bunch of Pennsylvanians and alumni that think they're holier than thou:
     This man is a bigger piece of **** than Michael Vick (insert picture of Joe Paterno). How many of the Vick haters out there demanded Joe get his games back that were stripped by the NCAA? How many Vick haters out there demanded the bowl sanctions be lifted from the university? And don't give me that crap he reported Sandusky because he didn't report him to any kind of law enforcement. Sandusky was still able to dip his **** into 10 year old boy **** and ole Joe here knew exactly what was going on. So if you're still whining about the Steelers but cheering on the Lions, hating Michael Vick but loving Joe Paterno, ya'll better realize that's a double edge sword you're playing with. Just sayin'.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/10 20:56:28 (permalink)
44 yd attempt anddddddddd wide right...............................  ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy!   Here We go Steelers......................!

Edited update:  We'll get em next time or, maybe Goodell will!

Go Stillers
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/10 23:42:02

Timachro
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1187
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/11 08:14:32 (permalink)
I'm just glad the STEELERS didn't get blown out. STEELERS had a chance to win it but Tomlins terrible clock management came up big again. Why would you not call a timeout with 2:10 on the clock.   There was no sense of urgency on the whole team late in the game.
post edited by Timachro - 2015/09/11 08:15:49
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/11 08:33:59 (permalink)
I thought this game had blow out written all over it.  Weaton and Heyword-Bey did an alright job filling in for Bryant.  Williams did one heck of a job for Bell.  Although, I like the team much better with those two in.  Do they get a few more yards and turn those field goal attempts from mid 40s to mid 30s, or even score a few?  Defensive wise, was much better than I expected.  Granted, the Gateriots were down Blount (Lewis looks like their next RB star, although Belicheat loves to mess around with RBs).  Gateriots also have less weapons on offense, than last year, so possibly not as good of an offense as they were.  Someone has to figure out a way to cover Gronk.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/11 11:02:31 (permalink)
Easy enough to cover "The Gronk" if ya got people that know how to tackle.  How is it said; oh yeah, "The Bigger They Are The Harder They Fall"

Hey do ya suppose****LeBeau enjoyed watching the game from new easy chair in Tennessee?

Saw Tomlin's interview and heard his response about there always being issues, at Gillette Stadium, regarding the radio broadcast being heard in the Steeler's headsets.  Geez I thought somebody was gonna need to hand him a tissue.  Really got a big kick from the response given by the NFL; not the part about the reason for the issue but, the fact that the NFL provides the "headsets"!  Too bad they don't do the same with the footballs.  Anyway, I now wonder if Tomlin understands anything about the way things operate in the NFL?  He certainly has demonstrated he knows nothing about running a NFL team!

Please:
NEVER FORGET!

******  ummmm, as in Richard.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/11 11:04:42

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/15 11:30:58 (permalink)
C-mon.............  what's the opinion on the game between the "Giants" and "America's Team"?

Do yinz think the "Cowboys" are gonna make a comeback and could "Gooooooo........ Alllllllllllll..........  Ttttthe........... Wayyyyyyyyy"?

Also, what's the scuttle butt about politics being played in the NFL; any thoughts?

Oh..............  speaking of the Giants/Cowboys game:  http://sports.yahoo.com/b...ys-loss-145120015.html

Go Stillers!!!!!!!!!!!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/15 22:32:49 (permalink)
Ummm does any NFL player, coaches, etc understand how the communications are controlled by the NFL?  Are they not aware of the special radio frequency crew that sets up, controls and monitors those frequencies used during games?  Apparently "Big Ben" and his "Big Head(ed) Coach" has no idea.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/roethlisberger-headsets-it-was-only-when-we-had-ball?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

The Steelers are going to the Super.....................  
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/15 22:35:03

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/17 21:52:59 (permalink)
http://nesn.com/2015/09/ben-roethlisberger-i-always-felt-that-patriots-knew-steelers-plays/

When ya got a head coach who runs the (only) four plays the team has been using for the past 7 seasons; I'm preety sure the other NFL teams are gonna know what ya might be doing.  Too bad there's one team that hasn't figured those plays out......... yet.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/17 21:54:23

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/20 22:18:46 (permalink)
I'm sure glad that Cowher drafted Antonio Brown, Ryan Shazier, Cam Heward and others. Shazier looked like Polamalu today. Defense looked like a team that used their however many first round draft picks on defense for the past few years. Cowher deserves all of the credit. Cowher drafting Emanuel Sanders was a great move as well, too bad they couldn't keep him. Doing his best to try and stick with Antonio Brown, but a step behind, but not too far. Can't wait until Cowher draft pick Bell and Pouncey are back into the fold. Cowher's Bud Dupree having a few nice plays too.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/20 23:21:30 (permalink)
Yeah buddy the Stillers sure looked good today ( I should of stayed home and watched the game instead of fishing) and the Browns, Raiders and, Cowboys too; tough break for Romo though.

I'm really excited to see what the Stillers can do against a really good team; hopefully a team that don't cheat.  I can't  take Mike and Ben whining about losing, this season.

Hey, by the way, I got me a really good recipe for deep fried crow, just in case I might need it, don't-cha-know?  One recipe calls for 'mayonnaise' and makes any 'bird' taste like chicken.  But, hold the salt and pepper, there is still a loooooong way to go.

FYI..... you should watch "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner and learn a little about who controls the draft picks.  Anyway, Tomlin has been 'handed' what appears to be another good team.................  time will tell.

Goooo Stillers..........................

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/21 11:58:13 (permalink)
Your disliking for one man, makes you a bit blind of facts.  There is very few left of the Stillers that was handed to Tomlin, besides a good QB and a few guys that are well past their prime.  That good QB, was a game manager under the former coach, and still a question mark of how good he would be.  Not that Tomlin developed him into a star, but he was not a star when the coaching change was made.  So did his chunk of the salary cap, to not allow for such a monster of a defense that Cowher had.  Although, I do think they are heading in that direction now, knowing that Ben will not play at this level for ever.  

I agree, every NFL team follows the structure of a Hollywood movie...  I don't think Stillers upper brass will truly divulge who has what amount of say on drafting, but I think we can assume the coaches have some say, I'd venture to say GM, coach and Art Rooney all have a say.  Some other teams, the coach likely has a lot more say.  Some other teams, the GM and owners have more say.  I'm sure most of their top targets have been taken by the time they draft anyway.  But the case for drafts under his regime being a lot worse than under Cowher's, is a farce.  When comparing apples to apples of when those picks are, there really is no case for one being better at drafting.

Give credit where credit is due, and enjoy the success when it is here.  You seem to have more enjoyment in belittling Tomlin, than you do watching the Stillers win.  Whatever floats your boat I guess?  I still think Cowher was a better coach, but not by much.  Tomlin still has a lot of time to prove one way or the other.  Both were handed good teams in a coach friendly organization.  Both seem to have done well.  I for one am hoping Tomlin can be the best Stillers coach ever.  Then his replacement beats him out.  Then the next, and next.  I have not ties to Cowher, Noll or Tomlin, besides enjoying watching the game.  When watching with an open mind, it makes the game much more enjoyable.  

That said, I am also critical of coaches that I don't think are doing a good job.  Jurgen Klinsmann is one of them.  He did a heck of a job transforming the German youth program, and instituting it here (although, not a fan of all the changes).  But his experiments of having guys play out of position and constant roster changes is mind boggling.  Hearing players from his current and former clubs say that he doesn't coach technical aspects, and relies on the players to game plan.  That is one thing with a set roster that has cohesion, but the experimental rosters that he puts together is just asking for disaster.

Glad you made it out fishing, although reading your other post, didn't sound like the most enjoyable day.  Fall is coming, so will the better fishing days.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7056
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/21 11:59:19 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

FYI..... you should watch "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner and learn a little about who controls the draft picks.  Anyway, Tomlin has been 'handed' what appears to be another good team.................  time will tell.

Yes, because Movies are true life.. or some sh1t.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/21 15:28:51 (permalink)
Porktown I have nothing against Tomlin except his nor do I like seeing somebody being placed on a pedestal at the hard work of others.  Those others I refer to are the players themselves, not other coaches; past or present.  As for Cowher, I don't believe I ever referred to him as a coach but, if I did I certainly apologize.  I know it's not Tomlin's fault for being interviewed by sportscasters who place him on that pedestal but, after all these years and so many interviews, I would like to hear Mike say something different and a little bit intelligent.  (listen to me(lol))  In a nut shell, I don't like people who claim credit where credit ain't do then turn around and point fingers when things go awry.  That's what I see and hear when Tomlin is on his pedestal, blowing smoke.

This team could be a rebuild for a new foundation for a old team we've all come to love.  I'm just hoping this foundation isn't being built on 'quicksand' and we see the team sink once again.  No foundation holds up without proper support.

D-nymph ole buddy.......  there's more truth about the complex inner workings of a NFL football club, in that movie, then some people realize.  Some simple research about the Stillers inner circle will show that GM Kevin Colbert was widely credited with "putting together" the Super Bowl XL and XLIII teams.  Of course the coaching staff has input just as the owners will have some say but, when it comes down to the final say, well,  the rest is history.

Walcat, I hear ya buddy.

PS. Porktown, thanks for the well wishes on the fishes.  Maybe someday we can get together and you can buy me lunch and I have eat crow.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/21 16:41:46

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/09/22 08:34:00 (permalink)
If coaches had no say in how a team performs, Penn State would be Much better than their record has shown the past few years.  I think top 10-20 recruiting classes the past few years, and pretty sure they are in the 30s-40s ranking wise.  The Patriots would be average at best, and most NFL teams would be about .500.  During the game itself, the head coaches are limited in their role, a few decisions they need to make, but their other coaches do more during the game.  The 6 days between games, preseason and camps, is where they do their work.  Head coaches work with every coach on the team, and help develop and always approve game plans.  They are the spokespeople for the franchise as well.  When they win the media gives credit to the team and coach, when they lose the team and coach take the blame.  I have never seen him throw his team or certain individual players under the bus for loses, then him take credit for wins.  To me, he completely associates himself as part of the team, which I think coaches should do.  His answers are almost always WE.  Obviously, if a certain player is addressed by the media, he will answer, but almost always responds with, one play or player is not going to determine the outcome of a game.  If you don't like one person being the face of an organization for the media, don't watch the press conference...
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 33
Jump to: