Helpful ReplyHot!_________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 33
Author
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 826
  • Reward points: 0
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 20:56:56 (permalink)
No mention as to why he resigned.  I'm sure there's more to the story but this is what was printed.

This is a quote from Art Rooney II in today's PPG: 

"LeBeau leaving abruptly “was a difficult situation,” Rooney said."

“Personally, I would have loved to have seen****stay. He had a great career and made an awful lot of contributions to our success in recent years.”

But, Rooney added: ****made a decision. The words he used to describe what he wanted to do were his words.” LeBeau told reporters he “resigned.”

post edited by ridgehunter - 2015/01/21 21:10:33
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 21:04:01 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Temperatures at the start of the 6:40 p.m. game were in the low 50s in Fox borough, Massachusetts. As the evening developed, temperatures settled into the upper 40s by the end of the game.
While temperatures for an outdoor venue in mid-January were not severe, a drop in indoor to outdoor temperatures can alter the pressure. When inflated inside warm, climate-controlled conditions, the ball pressure can be impacted by the transition to lower outdoor temperatures and brisk, rainy conditions.  While weather brings adverse conditions to game situations, referees are required to inspect up to 36 balls provided by the home team for an outdoor venue. An additional dozen new, unopened footballs must be inspected for kicking plays, according to the NFL Rulebook. ~ Katy Galimberti, AccuWeather.com Staff Writer

The weather had no effect on those 11 Patriot footballs.  If weather was a factor it would've effected the Colts footballs also.

The Colts footballs were also checked and all were found to be at the proper psi.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8388
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 21:59:45 (permalink)
Porktown..................

What I don't get and find humorous is how easy it is for Tomlin to pull the wool over the eyes of some people.

How is it  Arians gets blamed for Ben getting sacked (your words) but turns the Colts completely around in one year as a interim coach?  Need I mention his record as head coach of the Cardinals let alone he's smart enough to grab LeBeau to serve on his team.  Maybe that's something that would have worked for the Steelers while Butler was getting his feet wet.  As for the #3 offense (?) they did seem to score a few TOUCHDOWNS from the RED ZONE this year; I hope they will be cheering for a past member of their team during this years Super Bowl.  I know I mentioned Super Bowl XL but, did I mention who coached Peyton Manning?  Yeah, yeah I know, Manning gets sacked too!

Of course Tomlin praises people when they leave; talk is cheap, one only needs to listen to his interviews.

Just for the record, I 'hate' nobody, just the bull crap they throw at people while pretending to know what their talking about.  (LMAO)
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/01/22 09:06:27

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 22:08:26 (permalink)
ridgehunter
BeenThereDoneThat.
Temperatures at the start of the 6:40 p.m. game were in the low 50s in Fox borough, Massachusetts. As the evening developed, temperatures settled into the upper 40s by the end of the game.
While temperatures for an outdoor venue in mid-January were not severe, a drop in indoor to outdoor temperatures can alter the pressure. When inflated inside warm, climate-controlled conditions, the ball pressure can be impacted by the transition to lower outdoor temperatures and brisk, rainy conditions.  While weather brings adverse conditions to game situations, referees are required to inspect up to 36 balls provided by the home team for an outdoor venue. An additional dozen new, unopened footballs must be inspected for kicking plays, according to the NFL Rulebook. ~ Katy Galimberti, AccuWeather.com Staff Writer

The weather had no effect on those 11 Patriot footballs.  If weather was a factor it would've effected the Colts footballs also.

The Colts footballs were also checked and all were found to be at the proper psi.  

As were the Patriots footballs, according to the officials responsible for checking the footballs 'before the game'.  I trust you noted the author of the report; I just thought some of the readers would find this interesting.  But, just for the record a football or any other inflatable device can be inflated so it will deflate when the environment changes and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.  The outcome can be controlled especially when there is a allowable tolerance.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4062
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 07:30:07 (permalink)
Not to get into a football discussion but my tire pressure alarm went off this morning, as it does every time the temp gets below 40 degrees.

I have one tire that just does not stay sealed well along the rim, no matter what is done. The recommended pressure by the vehicle manufacturer is 35 and 50 by the tire company. It rides best at 40, so that is where I set them.

When the temp drops below 40, I will get an alarm for low tire pressure. When this first happened, I would immediately check the pressure and it would be 31-32. So the pressure had changed from 40 to there, it about 8 pounds, if the tire were at the full pressure I had in it it something less if it had leaked, from sitting outside over night.

My commute is 4 miles and like clockwork the alarm will clear within 5 minutes as the cold tire warms up enough to allow the air to expand and push the pressure back over the 35 pound threshold that triggered the alarm.

So temperature does gave pounds of effect on air pressure in a closet vessel, sometimes suddenly and dramatically.

I'm not saying the Pats didn't do anything here, just perhaps the media would be better off consulting a physics nerd than ex-jocks on the effect of ambient temperature on air pressure.

If the coach of the Pats did try to cheat by adjusting the air pressure, and it can be proven, then this would be the second cheating incident and action needs to be taken.

Who knows what he would try next? Maybe stepping in front of an opposing player as they race down the sideline to score--☺️

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6716
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 08:30:56 (permalink)
With how much attention this story has generated, "physics nerds" have been involved (whether or not consulted by the NFL or media).  From this report, weather factors would cause .4 psi of change.  So, if the balls dropped to 12.1 psi, then no story, or instantly squashed.  10.5 psi, is what they are reporting for some of the balls.  According to this story, it would need to be temps less than -1 F, to take it to 10.9 psi.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/science-is-all-like-ooh-ooh-we-can-explain-deflate-gate-with-our-magic/

D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7056
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 09:16:23 (permalink)
Porktown
I think it might be time for Goodell to go.  The past 10 years, there has been issue after issue.  Rule changes that have made it a different game.  They're raking in money, so doubt it will change.

I agree.  It's like these guys in charge can't get out of their own way.  Comical, really.

Art Rooney in an interview yesterday said "the NFL used to provide all the balls.  Now they let each team do it."  The only logical reason for making that change would be because the teams all want to mess with the balls.

Josh Miller, former punter, said this morning that sometimes he'd receive a snap & would know instantly he had a deflated ball in his hands & that that ball came from the opposing teams' sideline.  Then he'd curse & punt it.  So, deflating balls isn't new, but it's still funny!
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 09:16:31 (permalink)
It's a no brainer that someone on the patriot's side tampered with the balls.  Exactly who did hasn't been determined yet, but the one who benefits (as far as a better grip) is Brady.  Brady had to be aware of what was going on. 

How can you handle somewhat of a sponge ball the entire 1st half of the game and not know that something is different?

No doubt in my mind that Brady is directly involved.  The NFL has plenty of time before the SB to determine who did what.   If it's proven that Brady was directly involved, he should be suspended for the SB game.

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 09:18:29 (permalink)
Porktown
With how much attention this story has generated, "physics nerds" have been involved (whether or not consulted by the NFL or media).  From this report, weather factors would cause .4 psi of change.  So, if the balls dropped to 12.1 psi, then no story, or instantly squashed.  10.5 psi, is what they are reporting for some of the balls.  According to this story, it would need to be temps less than -1 F, to take it to 10.9 psi.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/science-is-all-like-ooh-ooh-we-can-explain-deflate-gate-with-our-magic/

What if the balls were kept in a 90 degree humidor type situation before inspection?  There would be a much bigger swing than a 68 degree location.
DRod
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 10:19:20 (permalink)
Ha, Belichick just threw Mr. Uggs Bundchen under the bus:

http://profootballtalk.nb...-about-deflated-balls/
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 11:38:15 (permalink)
Cool stuff Porktown thanks for putting the sight up............................. Howwwwwww-ever............ A change with the air temperature variance would make a difference with the results of the test.  Recharging the footballs from 0 psi and or vapor content of the air will also change the outcome. Using the exact same test; the needed air temperature and or vapor content can be pre-determined so the inside pressure of a vessel will reach a desired pressure at a given O.A.T.  If one can control the humidity and temperature in given space (equipment room) then the needed variables can certainly be achieved.  Knowing what the O.A.T is going to be at game time, one would only need to determine the required temperature of the air needed to inflate a football.  Changing the temperature of the air, used for inflating, by a mere 10 degrees F. will change the pressure with-in the football  3/4 pound at a O.A.T. of 51 degrees F.((86,184.5 Pa / 299.82 K) * 283.15 K = p2 83,244.6 Pa = p2 —> 11.8 psi).    Toying with the vapor % of the air will cause even greater pressure variances. Were the footballs deflated to 10.5 psi and stored in a room at say 85 degrees til game time or maybe the footballs were inflated to 12.5 psi using say, 90 degree air or, possibly 80 degree high moisture air?  Or, maybe the footballs were deflated and then reflated using an air compressor which causes heat as the air is compressed. Buttttttttttt let's be realistic; would a football team be so devious as to go through such tactics? Even if they did, the footballs are not used by the opposing team so, there would be no effect on that team's performance.  Footballs under inflated do not travel as far and footballs over inflated travel farther. Separate footballs are used for kicking so the footballs in question would have no bearing on that part of the game. Now, from what I hear, each team is permitted to prepare the footballs to their liking then the footballs are sent to the officials for approval.   From there the footballs are moved to the playing field.  I know............. there's an official trying to set the Patriots up and he deflated the footballs!  Aww c-mon it's a joke...................
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/01/22 12:12:19

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 11:59:58 (permalink)
walcat
 Been There Done That :You have put out a lot of bullcrap very fast since coming on here!!

Thank-you, it is so nice to be recognized for my efforts................................

May I recommend; if you don't like my attitude, don't read my comments!  My Avatar is quite easy to recognize so feel free to use it to your advantage.

Enjoy your day!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 13:08:39 (permalink)
HEY.......... Hey............ Heyyyyyy.

Here's some more of my crap..........  I mean bullcrap.

Art Rooney II addresses the status of running back (please place name here)  in the wake of an arrest for driving while under the influence of marijuana during the preseason. While on the way to an airport for a team flight to Philadelphia.  But, Mr. Rooney only address the issue with his own news media...........  imagine that!

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 13:27:51 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Art Rooney II addresses the status of running back (please place name here)  in the wake of an arrest for driving while under the influence of marijuana during the preseason. While on the way to an airport for a team flight to Philadelphia.  But, Mr. Rooney only address the issue with his own news media...........  imagine that!

WV boy Mike Florio appreciates you reading his stuff & calling it yours.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 16:49:08 (permalink)
D-nymph
Pro Angler
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 17:48:59 (permalink)
D-nymph
BeenThereDoneThat.

WV boy Mike Florio appreciates you reading his stuff & calling it yours.

Thanks for pointing that out D-Nymph, did not intend to lay claim to the story.  I'm merely trying to warn those who think I post untrue, hate, discontent and/or crap (Correction bullcrap.).  Calling out this story does show, I am not blind and alone with what I see occurring to a once, mighty team.  Information like this show others do too.

WV boy?  I guess I just don't get it. (lol)  

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/22 22:45:39 (permalink)
Did yinz hear the News about Bruce Arians?

Sporting News Coach of The Year.................... won by a landslide!

Just for the record: 

Bruce Arians wins Sporting News Coach of the Year award by a landslide         (wouldn't want anybody thinking I was taking credit for the story)
Sporting News 

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/01/22 22:47:19

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 08:17:54 (permalink)

post edited by Porktown - 2015/01/23 08:26:15
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 10:23:03 (permalink)
  I KNOW................ I KNOW..................  just makes one speechless, doesn't it?

But Hey..........  did ya see this one about good ole Art? 
NFL to debut Art Rooney Award at NFL Honors
The NFL will hand out the newly created Art Rooney Award to the player who best demonstrates leadership and honor. The award is named after Arthur Joseph.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the award goes to Blount?

ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 11:05:15 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Just for the record: 

Bruce Arians wins Sporting News Coach of the Year award by a landslide         (wouldn't want anybody thinking I was taking credit for the story)
Sporting News 

The coach of the year award is stupid.  Any coach whether it be head coach, OC or DC is only as good as the talent around him.

For example, Arians went 8-1 before Palmer went down with a season ending injury.  Arians finished 3-4 the last 6 games of the season with his backup QB.

Another example would be Lebeau.  He's one of the great DC to coach the game.  His defense was ranked 18th this season and that was due to lack of talent.

BTW, had Arians stayed with the Steelers as OC, Ben would probably be in a wheel chair by now. JMHO

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3092
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 14:43:09 (permalink)
Any comments on this article?

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7620845-74/kearney-steelers-adams

The gun permits are much ado about nothing.  Most counties other than Allegheny let you get your LTCF in under an hour.
The other accusations....hmmm...
Sounds like an interesting off season.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 15:13:08 (permalink)
ridgehunter

BeenThereDoneThat.

Just for the record: 

Sporting News 

The coach of the year award is stupid.  Any coach whether it be head coach, OC or DC is only as good as the talent around him.

For example, Arians went 8-1 before Palmer went down with a season ending injury.  Arians finished 3-4 the last 6 games of the season with his backup QB.
Another example would be Lebeau.  He's one of the great DC to coach the game.  His defense was ranked 18th this season and that was due to lack of talent.

BTW, had Arians stayed with the Steelers as OC, Ben would probably be in a wheel chair by now. JMHO
************************************************************************************************************
So your saying a coach isn't responsible to motivate, build team spirit and togetherness, encourage individual and collective growth, instill confidence, recognize strengths and draw on each team members talents etc.?   He just needs football players to intimidate and make him look good?  Gee that sounds just like Mike Tomlin.

With all do respect I do believe Arians had to finish out his year with a third string QB but, I'll stand corrected! 

As for LeBeau............ agreed on the lack of talent but he hardly had time to do his job.  Or wasn't permitted to do his job; strange, a coach devoted to the Steelers all these years just ups and leaves. IMO  Didn't surprise me a bit to see some fans turn on him because he was forced to rebuild. 

The comment about Ben being in a wheelchair..............  really?  I am pretty sure I've seen Ben holding the ball too long and getting sacked plenty of times since Bruce 'Retired'.

Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming Mike Tomlin for problems, such as, failing to score touchdowns in the red zone or, the QB getting sacked or, losing assist. coach's.  I feel those problems are the responsibility of a head coach!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 15:23:52 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Any comments on this article?

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7620845-74/kearney-steelers-adams

The gun permits are much ado about nothing.  Most counties other than Allegheny let you get your LTCF in under an hour.
The other accusations....hmmm...
Sounds like an interesting off season.

Tried the sight Eyes but get a blank page, kinda resembles my mind (lol)

I know several fire service instructors from Pittsburgh area fire departments and they always refer to the county as the "Country of Allegheny".

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 16:15:18 (permalink)
From what I have read/hear on the radio, I don't have any issues of what he is doing, as the head of security for the Steelers, if he wasn't a full time Sheriff deputy/Lt.  I would suspect that every pro team has a head of security, and all have strong ties with the local authorities.  I would imagine part of their job, is to attempt to keep their players out of the spotlight and out of trouble, even if they should be in trouble.  Much like the family of a cop, ect.  The idea that he is double dipping, and able to be paid a rather high civil servant salary on the tax payers back (I am an Allegheny County tax payer), is where I have issue.  There might be a bit more to it than I have read/heard though.  Got to admit that I didn't read the posted article in full detail, but did listen to a good bit about it yesterday.  

I am not sure if there are any laws being broken by his actions or not.  If there are, then I definitely wouldn't condone it.  

One would think, that some police officers that would feel intimidated to report any Steelers, with him being an active Sheriff Lt., which I think is what much of this report is about.  Although I am not sure he has much pull outside of the Sheriff's office, and not really sure the Sheriff's office has much authority in the county as a whole.  One of my neighbors works as a county homicide detective, which is part of the Allegheny County Police Dept., and said they have absolutely no ties to the Sheriff's department.  Unless the victim or suspect is part of a Sheriff's investigation, then he works with them, but in no means reports to them, ect.  From what he and another suburban cop buddy told me, the Allegheny Sheriff's office's primary responsibility is that of post arrest enforcement, i.e. transporting inmates, security for courtrooms, tracking down fugitives, seizing property for liens after court order, ect.  So, I don't think it would have much, if any, intimidation on a suburban or city beat cop that would primarily be dealing with the team if a player did something stupid.  So, I don't think the intimidation factor is nearly as much as many might think.  I am sure that he has a ton of connections that are high up in just about any local department though.  The same that he would have if retired and head of the security, which is the way it should be.  
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 16:18:39 (permalink)
"So your saying a coach isn't responsible to motivate, build team spirit and togetherness, encourage individual and collective growth, instill confidence, recognize strengths and draw on each team members talents etc.?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Tomlin does all of the above like many other NFL coaches in the league. 

What separates one good team from another is their talent level.  The best coach on the planet can't win if he has a team without talented players.

Take a look at the Cleveland Browns? LOL

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 16:31:45 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 19:09:35 (permalink)
ridgehunter
"So your saying a coach isn't responsible to motivate, build team spirit and togetherness, encourage individual and collective growth, instill confidence, recognize strengths and draw on each team members talents etc.?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Tomlin does all of the above like many other NFL coaches in the league. 

What separates one good team from another is their talent level.  The best coach on the planet can't win if he has a team without talented players.

Take a look at the Cleveland Browns? LOL

Arrrrrrgh ya got me.......................  that hurt......................... using the Browns, wasn't fair.

Here's hoping we get em next year......... Go Stillers!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/23 20:56:02 (permalink)
Porktown
http://bleacherreport.com...late-plus-other-whines

Good one Porktown...........  might ya have something a little more recent from Chris Staaf , 2010 seems a little old?   Did enjoy reading some of the 'blogs' regarding Staff's articles.  Found out he and I have something in common, about our comments..................  CRITICS! (lol)

Oh well, as they say in the old country.......................... "They'll get em next year"....................  Go Stillers!.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/24 11:43:24 (permalink)

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 33
Jump to: