Helpful ReplyHot!_________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 33
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6716
  • Reward points: 0
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/14 09:36:16 (permalink)
I'll be rooting for Green Bay, so that won't help their odds...

I have a feeling Brady and Belicheat are primed to add to their legacy.  They're the last team that I want to see win.  I'd love to see the Colts win it all.  I'm not even sure who I'd root for if it came down to GB vs. Indy.

For sake of picks.

NE 27 - SEA 24 - Porktown flipping off the TV, yelling curse words in front of his kids, and Mrs. Porktown yelling at him.  Pretty much like any Stillers, Pitt or Pens game.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7056
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/14 11:10:20 (permalink)
Yea, I kind of like Andrew Luck's playing style.  He's tough, old school poised & athletic.  Not sure they can beat New England though.

Rodgers is in for a tough go vs. Seattle.  If he can't move a lot better than he did last week, Seattle might kill him, on the field. 

Probably a Seattle vs. New England super bowl, which would be more interesting than Big Head Manning vs. Seattle again.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8388
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/17 20:23:47 (permalink)
  LeBeau, as in Richard (not****); will be going to the Cardinals but, not as the head defensive coordinator. 

PS; keep this under your helmet, it's just a rumor.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/18 20:28:08 (permalink)
Anybody know if Mr. Tomlin might be watching the Patriots and Colts game and cheering on his buddy Mr. Blount?  By the way, anybody know how Mr. bell is doing since his injury.

Somebody............... tell me again, how great Mr. Tomlin is!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/18 21:21:13 (permalink)
Who is that number 29 for the Patriots...............  135 yards rushing??????????   

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/19 11:21:28 (permalink)
I was told that Matt House was spotted on the Packers sidelines...  Too bad Rodgers wasn't 100%.  5 gift turnovers and still can't seal the deal.  I would imagine they could have pulled it off with a healthy Rodgers.  I'd much rather watch GB with a healthy Rodgers in two weeks vs. the Patriots, but it should be a good game.  Probably the best two teams in the NFL, which often times the Superbowl doesn't have.  I don't really like either team, so could really care less who wins.  I would love for the Patriots current misfortune in the Superbowl to continue.  That said, I can still taste the whine from the post Superbowl XL cry fest, and not a fan of Pete Carroll or any team besides the Stillers winning back to back.  This almost feels like election time.  Which team do I dislike more?  Like the train wrecks of the national and state elections, I'll still watch. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/19 14:56:21 (permalink)
After hearing this deflating their game ball accusation, I am leaning towards rooting for the Seahawks.  Obviously not proven and maybe not that much of a difference.  But, if their ball is inflated to Nerf like psi, and Indy is tossing around rocks, there is definitely a difference when freezing out.  I had always thought that they use the same NFL provided game ball.  I thought it was strange learning there are regular game balls and kicking game balls.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/19 15:25:44 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Who is that number 29 for the Patriots...............  135 yards rushing??????????   

What was his stat line when the Patriots played the Ravens?  Answer - Lower than his season average against them (2.38 ypc).  I'm guessing about the same as it would be, if Tomlin decided to give up on team control and kept him around.  Still losing to the Ravens.  

Same guy that put up 201 yards against Indy, in Indy, likely puts up the 135 yards, possibly more.  #35.

ridgehunter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 826
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/20 11:30:54 (permalink)
 Blount knew his role when he signed with the Steelers.  He had every opportunity to beat Bell out of that position but couldn't. 

In week 9 against the Ravens, Blount rushed for only 23 yards.  Week 10 he carried 5 times for zero yards, then he decides to take a hissy fit at the end of the Titans game in week 11 after Bell rushed for over 200 yards? 

Kind of strange that he waited until week 11 to take a temper tantrum when his field play didn't justify his actions.  It's also kind of fishy that he ended up signing with New England less than 48 hours later?  Wouldn't surprise me for a minute if Belicheat had something to do with what transpired? LOL

BTW I'm sure that the Steeler organization has no regrets about releasing Blount.

post edited by ridgehunter - 2015/01/20 11:36:27
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/20 12:25:06 (permalink)
It wouldn't be completely shocking if Belicheck had some back door deal going, but I don't see it being all that likely.  Blount would be leaving about $1.5M on the table for that to be true.  Blount is very inconsistent and stuffed enough times he does what he did with the Steelers and quits.  He was pretty much the Patriots playoff MVP last year, and they let him walk for what seemed to be a rather inexpensive contract (2 years $3M).  The Patriots had plenty of money to sign him, but knew what he was.  With Ridley on IR, Vereen and Bolden free agents, a 2 year veteran minimum contract is a cheap insurance policy that can be thrown to the side if a better option comes available, even knowing what he is.  I would be shocked if Blount gets more than 30 yards in against the Seahawks.  That said, I could see one of their other backs having a decent game though.  Just the way Belicheck likes it.  Have Seattle prepare for a power run game with Blount, and come out throwing screen passes and draws to Vereen and Gray.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/20 20:16:09 (permalink)
 LeGarrette Blount has became the Patriots' all-time leader in postseason rushing touchdowns.

Maybe it just takes a intelligent coach to bring out the best in his players.  That would take a coach who, doesn't spell team with an 'I'.  Unlike, a coach that enforces his own 'golden rule': "The Beatings Will Continue Until The Moral Improves".

Sorry fellow football fans; having watched the Steelers imploding the past years under the THUMB of Mr. 'My Way Or The Highway',  I can't blame Blount. 

ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 08:14:47 (permalink)
Not to take anything away from Blount but Brady is good enough to make it to the post season and it doesn't matter who's running the ball.  The Patriots where 9-2 before they signed him.

News Flash:  Lebeau will be the next DC for the Arizona Cardinals.  He's in the process of inking the contract now.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 08:52:41 (permalink)
Blount has been in 4 playoff games.  2 vs. Indy.  Of those, he scored 7 TDs.

Against defenses that could stop the run.  Denver - 5 att. 6 yards.  Baltimore - 3 att. 1 yard.

Belichek is a great coach, so what happened in these other games?  Isn't he the all time great RB?  7 yards on 8 carries???  

Jonas Gray - 201 yards & 4 TDs AT Indy earlier in the year.  Any pattern you can think of emerging here?  They could probably put Dri Archer in and get similar stats against Indy.  Stillers likely would have too, if they didn't focus on Ben putting up 522 yards and 6 TDs through the air.  Indy defense is about as consistent as Blount, and Ben for that matter.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 09:26:57 (permalink)
ridgehunter
News Flash:  Lebeau will be the next DC for the Arizona Cardinals.  He's in the process of inking the contract now.

I've only seen him as line backers coach or "part of the organization/defensive staff".  I don't know enough about how Bowles ran the defense there, but I know their defense was really good (until their team seemed to lose confidence with the QB issues).  I would be kind of surprised, with how close the Cards are to having a dominant defense, to implement a completely new, complex defensive scheme.  Especially with Lebeau's age being a factor.  Are they willing to take that gamble of a 1-2 year learning curve, possible dent in production, and possible loss of Lebeau (retirement/unable) when the scheme is fully implemented?  If he is just the LB coach, I would be a bit disappointed that the Steelers weren't able to work something out to keep him in the organization.  I'm sure pride played a huge factor in that not happening though.  My guess is they will promote within for the DC, keeping their base defensive scheme with some Lebeau inspired plays peppered in.  With Lebeau there to advise both the players and new DC, but not be the play caller or official DC.  Just a guess on my end.  If he is DC, then good for him.  My personal favorite coach they have had, head or assistant.
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 10:07:01 (permalink)
You are correct Porktown, my mistake.  Lebeau will be their linebacker coach.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 10:20:24 (permalink)
Hey football fans..........

While the subject is about the Cardinals; didn't their head coach serve as a offensive co-ordinator for another team? His name sounds familiar...........

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 11:04:17 (permalink)
He was a good OC and looks to be a pretty good HC.  Do a search on these forums, and you'll find me defending him years before the Steelers had him "retire", as well as calling it a bad move.

Just curious though, current Stillers offense, with mostly horrible Tomlin draft picks, and horrible HC & OC, ranked #3 in total offense.  What was the best ranking that the familiar sounding named Cardinals coach had as Steelers OC, with the mystical "Cowher Foundation"?

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 11:57:10 (permalink)
Porktown
After hearing this deflating their game ball accusation, I am leaning towards rooting for the Seahawks.  Obviously not proven and maybe not that much of a difference.  But, if their ball is inflated to Nerf like psi, and Indy is tossing around rocks, there is definitely a difference when freezing out.  I had always thought that they use the same NFL provided game ball.  I thought it was strange learning there are regular game balls and kicking game balls.

Do you think this "deflategate" is a big deal?  I think it's a complete non-story myself.
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 13:22:00 (permalink)
11 of the 12 Patriot balls where found to be deflated when checked at halftime.  I'm sure that all 12 balls were properly inflated before the start of the 3rd quarter.

The Patriots score 2 TD's during the first half WITH the deflated balls.  They score 4 TD's in the 2nd half with properly inflated balls.  I don't believe that the deflated ball issue had any effect on the outcome of that game, however it does once again tarnish the Patriots reputation.

Belicheck and Brady are probably the best NFL coach/QB combo to ever play the game?  I don't understand their need to do things illegally?

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 13:35:31 (permalink)
Did it win the Indy game, heck no.  I'm not sure if anyone honestly thinks it made any difference, or enough difference to change the outcome of that game

If they used in other close games, say against the Ravens, then definitely a story.  There are too many ex-players coming forward saying that there is a huge difference in handling a fully inflated and under inflated ball.  

There definitely is a difference between one properly inflated and not fully inflated.  But, I am not sure how much of an advantage to guys that are used to properly inflated balls, with NFL skills.  Like Aaron Rodgers has said, it is a disadvantage to him, and needs a ball fully inflated.  Likely the same said of Ben or Flacco.  With how sticky the balls are, and receiving gloves the WR/TEs wear, I'm not sure if it makes all that much of a difference catching either.  

For those of us without NFL skills, it makes a huge difference, especially in hand numbing weather.  

The real issue is how often has this been done?  Why this organization seems to push the envelope on just about any rules they can?

If the cheating scandals are not there, Belechick goes down as the best coach in this era, possibly best ever.  Now, he is basically Barry Bonds of NFL coaches.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 14:09:54 (permalink)
Porktown
The real issue is how often has this been done?  Why this organization seems to push the envelope on just about any rules they can?

I think it happens a lot.  Brad Johnson said today he paid $7500 to have all of the balls altered before Tampa's Super Bowl victory. 

I think deflategate is pretty funny.  Mostly because I bet the majority of teams do the same thing depending on how their QB likes the ball & the league knows it. 

Why else would the NFL have separate rules for kicking balls & regular offense balls?  Unless they really don't care that the teams inflate balls to their own specs.  Even better, is that the seperate balls rule came about (only brand new balls are used for kicking) because Adam Vinatieri, then a Patriot, lol!  Was essentially too good at kicking deflated balls.

Why does the NFL let the teams bring their own balls?  Why don't both teams use the same balls?  Why doesn't the NFL provide the balls instead of the teams like they do with the balls that are kicked? 

But it's also great because I have relatives who are Ravens fans who are all butt hurt & calling for a Colts vs. Ravens play in game.  hahah. 

Remember the Colorado Rockies keeping their baseballs in a humidor?  haha

Once again, the NFL can't get out of its own way & its own stupidity causes controversy when its game should be making headlines.  NFL needs to provide all balls, the teams don't get to touch them, period, no discussion.

And Matt Leinart says:
Matt Leinart@MattLeinartQB  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Every team tampers with the footballs. Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!  

post edited by D-nymph - 2015/01/21 16:26:36
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 16:11:19 (permalink)
Strangely enough, an announcer a few weeks ago, possibly Steelers vs. Ravens wildcard game, said something about them switching out the kicking ball for the game ball.  He explained then, that it is perfectly legal, per NFL rules to scuff the ball up.  Explaining that scuffing will get the factory wax or whatever coating off of the ball.  The NFL recognizes this, and allows it to a certain extent, and examines the balls prior to the game to make sure they pass their inspection.  

The difference with the air, is the NFL has a specific rule in place for a specific psi tolerance.  Is that due to an advantage?  I can only assume yes, per how many pros are saying it is an advantage.  If they were .2-.3 psi different, then it is probably barely noticeable, and not as much of a story.  2 psi is huge though, with the tolerance being 12.5-13 psi.  That really is the difference of a ball that feels hard and one that is squishy.  That is why the Colts defender that picked off the ball, took it to the refs to inspect.  It was physically different feeling than a normal ball. 

There is no way that Brady didn't realize the ball was this way.  And I would think a distinct advantage.  I would also think that the refs 2 hours prior, would also notice the 2 psi difference as well.  From what is being reported, evidence is pointing towards those balls being tampered with or replaced between the inspection and game time.  I can only imagine with how many cameras on the field, that it was at least partially caught.  I wouldn't doubt they are reviewing tape from the Ravens game as well.  I don't think Johnson is admitting to alter balls after they were inspected, i.e. tampering.  Lienart, doesn't appear that he understands the difference of what the NFL allows and doesn't (at least in his statement), as well as the difference of tampering with the ball after inspection.  If he is, then I think he is wrong in that assumption.  Has it been done before, probably.  Does every team do it, I highly doubt it.  If so, then that Colts defender is the first player ever to call out another team?

I do agree 100% with Lienart, every ball should be provided by the NFL.  If they need to change the process in which they are made to eliminate the wax, or have a machine that scuffs them, they should all be the same ball.  If a kicker is good at kicking the scuffed ball, so be it.

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 16:25:18 (permalink)
The Colts also complained to the NFL after a game in November, vs. the Patriots.

A kicker gets his opportunity to scuff the ball from the time the ref hands him the ball & they blow the whistle to start the run up to a kick off.  Notice the kickers always squish the ball, point to the ground before placing it on the tee, that's to soften it a miniscule amount.

The reason a defender wouldn't complain in the past is because his QB or team does the same thing, messes with the game balls.

The reason the NFL allows teams to bring their own balls is because they have been ok with QBs having individual preferences of a ball's softness/hardness.  Until such time as they are made too look bad & gamblers get ****ed at perceived unfairness. 

Regarding Leinart, I think you misunderstood.  I edited something there, and it screwed up my post apparently.  The only thing in my post from Leinart is the following line, it's a tweet:  Every team tampers with the footballs. Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!! 

The rest is/was my opinion.  But if a former NFL QB says that every team tampers with the balls & it's no big deal, I'm inclined to believe him.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 16:58:45 (permalink)
I have no doubt that every QB/team tampers with the ball, depending on the definition of tamper, but do they all do it to a level that is beyond the league rules and after the inspection?  

Chris Simms, who had about the same pro career, has a completely different outlook than Matt Lienart.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2337442-simms-nfl-must-lay-hammer-down-on-patriots-if-deflate-gate-allegations-true

Jerry Rice and others;

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2015/01/harsh_reaction_to_patriots_deflategate_news_on_soc.html

Bettis, Strahan and many others have issue with it as well.  Unless they are all unaware, or completely covering up their QBs for doing it.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 17:02:37 (permalink)
As far as Indy notifying the league in November, this is on the NFL as much as Patriots IMO.  If you are going to allow one team to do it, then allow all to do it.

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 17:10:01 (permalink)
Porktown
As far as Indy notifying the league in November, this is on the NFL as much as Patriots IMO.  If you are going to allow one team to do it, then allow all to do it.

The entire thing is on the NFL, IMO.  It should not even be an issue.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 17:39:57 (permalink)
I think it might be time for Goodell to go.  The past 10 years, there has been issue after issue.  Rule changes that have made it a different game.  They're raking in money, so doubt it will change.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 18:17:24 (permalink)
Temperatures at the start of the 6:40 p.m. game were in the low 50s in Fox borough, Massachusetts. As the evening developed, temperatures settled into the upper 40s by the end of the game.
While temperatures for an outdoor venue in mid-January were not severe, a drop in indoor to outdoor temperatures can alter the pressure. When inflated inside warm, climate-controlled conditions, the ball pressure can be impacted by the transition to lower outdoor temperatures and brisk, rainy conditions.  While weather brings adverse conditions to game situations, referees are required to inspect up to 36 balls provided by the home team for an outdoor venue. An additional dozen new, unopened footballs must be inspected for kicking plays, according to the NFL Rulebook. ~ Katy Galimberti, AccuWeather.com Staff Writer

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 19:01:24 (permalink)
Porktown
He was a good OC and looks to be a pretty good HC.  Do a search on these forums, and you'll find me defending him years before the Steelers had him "retire", as well as calling it a bad move.

Just curious though, current Stillers offense, with mostly horrible Tomlin draft picks, and horrible HC & OC, ranked #3 in total offense.  What was the best ranking that the familiar sounding named Cardinals coach had as Steelers OC, with the mystical "Cowher Foundation"?

Not sure what your looking for Porktown; possibly the dates listed below will help you do some research.

2004–2006 - WR Coach
2007–2011 - O Coach
Super Bowl XL

What I find more interesting is how he improved after leaving the Steelers.

Led the Colts to a 9–3 record, part of one of the biggest one-season turnarounds in NFL history. The nine wins are the most by a interim head coach in NFL history.   After winning only two games in 2011, the Colts returned to the playoffs.

Was named 2012's AP Head Coach of the Year.

My question(s):

Would an intelligent head coach not be able to detect such potential in one of his coaching staff?  

Would an intelligent head coach let a person having such capability leave or, was the expertise recognized and feared by a head coach afraid of his job?

If a head coach cannot recognize talent in his coaching staff will he be capable of seeing and molding the talents of a player?

Not only did Tomlin lose a coach with great potential in offense, now, he has lost one of the greatest defensive coaches of all time.

I guess I just do not get it! (lol)

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/21 20:26:51 (permalink)
It was pretty well reported, that it was Art II that wanted Arians out, wanting to save Ben from the sacks he was taking.  I am not sure what Tomlin's view of him was, but he seemed to praise Arians.  Pretty sure it was Tomlin that promoted Arians as his OC when he became HC?  I'm guessing it was someone else that recognized the potential?  The same Motorola Coach of the Year, Tomlin.      

That said, it is a pretty cut and dry question that I asked.  When did Arians put up a #3 or higher offense in Pittsburgh, with the far superior "Cowher Foundation"?  With how much of a dope, Tomlin and Haley are, with horrible drafting skills, play calling, "I in team" philosophy, ect., #3 total offense, should be a pretty low bar.  

For defense, you are willing to give up Keith Butler, who has been groomed for the past however many years to be the next DC?  You do realize, Arizona is likely offering him their DC if the Steelers don't promote.  Either them or one of many others.  You give him up, to give Lebeau a year or two more?  Then we get to listen to you complain about how Tomlin let Butler go.   

Your hate for Tomlin has you blinded.  Anything that you don't like about the Steelers organization, is Tomlin's fault.  Anything good about the Steelers, has nothing to do with Tomlin.  You joke about it, but you can't be more correct about your last statement.  
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 33
Jump to: