DT Clouser tute
Thread; Gray #6
Hook; Mustad 3366 #6
Eyes; Small dumbbell painted lead eyes
Belly; White Bucktail
Flash; Gold Krystal Flash
Wing; Olive Bucktail
Nose; Thread Wraps
1. Thread base hook shank
2. Tie in dumbbell eyes using figure eights
3. Measure white bucktail on top of shank.
Make three soft loops with soft loops on top . wind thread tight on the bottom and bring upward three or four wraps
pull the bucktail rearward so butts are just behind hook eye and tie down.
bring thread just behind eyes and tie down
wind thread, over bucktail, to rear of hook bend keeping bucktail on top of shank.
bring thread to point between hook eye and dumbell.
flip hook upside down and clamp down
4. trim a bunch of strands of flash and center the flash around the thread as so.
Wind the thread around the nose while you split the flash on each side of the hook point.
Tie down the flash in front of eyes
5. Trim some olive bucktail and place on top of nose with three soft loops. (wing should be no longer than white bucktail belly)
pull bucktail back so ends are behind hook eye and tie down
6. wrap thread around bucktail ends completing nose
finish nose with tight wraps and tie off. You can use a razor blade to trim off any excess
I use nail polish top coat on nose of clouser.
Finished clouser looks pretty unruly when dry
once wet it looks like a minnow imitation
White bass on a Chartreuse Clouser
Don't be surprised if you hook into a trout now and than
post edited by doubletaper - 2014/07/17 06:34:01