Fly Fishing Show

Author
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
  • Reward points: 0
2008/01/20 20:35:07 (permalink)

Fly Fishing Show

Anyone else going to the fly fishing show in Somerset NJ?

8 Replies Related Threads

JMFLYFISHER
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 48
    RE: Fly Fishing Show 2008/01/20 20:59:08 (permalink)
    I have a friend who will be selling a product of his that he recently patented.  He told me it is the largest show of its kind on the East coast.  I have never been there.....I think this show may have been the final coffin nail in the 7-Springs show that they used to have in March.  It sounds like fun........
    saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 565
    RE: Fly Fishing Show 2008/01/20 21:23:41 (permalink)
    I'll be there fri. afternoon. Excellent show, but if you saltwater fish you need to go to the salt show in march. Thats a conventional show not fly.
    ORIGINAL: thedrake

Anyone else going to the fly fishing show in Somerset NJ?
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: Fly Fishing Show 2008/01/23 18:31:42 (permalink)
    I'll be there friday through sunday. I hear its a cool show.
    post edited by thedrake - 2008/01/30 00:18:02
    chrisrowboat
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 688
    RE: Fly Fishing Show 2008/01/23 19:28:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: thedrake

I'll be there friday through sunday at the spruce creek outfitters booth. This will be my first time there. I hear its a great show.

I hope you do well.
    Chris
    flytierwon
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 115
    RE: Fly Fishing Show 2008/01/26 15:20:14 (permalink)
    I have done that show and it is enormous....you def need the 3 days to take in all the seminars & what vendors have to offer.
    If you attend, don't forget to sign up for the raffle of a guided trip...it's usually a nice trip!
    Sharpefly
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: Fly Fishing Show 2008/01/26 19:51:38 (permalink)
    Just got back from the show. Spent 6hrs there yesterday left today at noon. Just got home. Yesterday was day to be there. Today was wall to wall people by noon. Great show as usual. Lots of good seminars. Learned some new tying tip. If you ever get a chance to go well worth the trip. My third year in a row.
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: Fly Fishing Show 2008/01/27 17:38:33 (permalink)
    Since I'm fortunate enough to live in Somerset County, I went on Friday,, as usual the seminars are excellent.. but this year semmed to me the worst...I've been going for the last five years!  the big name companys weren't there? orvis booth had reels but no rods as in the new ones.. Simms never showed, Costa Del MAr..another no show.. and did anyone see G.Loomis????? I spent 5 hrs wondering around trying to find them..LOL  The previous shows were much better..you could go and try everything form all the big players...this year seemed more geared to outfitters..and of course the newbie...A wine company????? what was up with that....hehehehehe......oh well it was still better than staying home with the wife..
    saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 565
    RE: Fly Fishing Show 2008/01/28 17:27:54 (permalink)
    My take was the same, I've been going since it first started and it has gone down hill. A friend who is t&t endorsed guide has mentioned that the cost of the show has increased and a lot of manuf. have stayed away. This was the second yr for T&T not to be there.

I did happen to be able to talk to the guys from Beulah rods and got a lot of good info on their switch rods. Nice feel and willing to answer any questions. They're going to have more rods coming out before yrs end and w/ matching line set-ups. Their 10.5 rods are nice in the hand w/ a good med./fast action, light weight.
    ORIGINAL: jrb327

Since I'm fortunate enough to live in Somerset County, I went on Friday,, as usual the seminars are excellent.. but this year semmed to me the worst...I've been going for the last five years!  the big name companys weren't there? orvis booth had reels but no rods as in the new ones.. Simms never showed, Costa Del MAr..another no show.. and did anyone see G.Loomis????? I spent 5 hrs wondering around trying to find them..LOL  The previous shows were much better..you could go and try everything form all the big players...this year seemed more geared to outfitters..and of course the newbie...A wine company????? what was up with that....hehehehehe......oh well it was still better than staying home with the wife..
    Jump to: