Swapping trolley motor parts?

Author
dangel55
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points: 0
2013/09/23 19:47:52 (permalink)

Swapping trolley motor parts?

I'm new to the forum so if I'm in the wrong location just let me know. I have 2 trolley motors and both have some mechanically problems but in different places. They are both Minn Kotas; Endura 30 30lb thrust the armature assembly is shot reverse it will not go in, the second one is a Turbo 50 32lb thrust and the wiring is bad all the way to the switch forward and reverse motor. My question is can I replace the Turbo 50 with the Endura 30 handle and all?? The first and second pix is of the Endura 30 switch and the third is of the Turbo 50 now you see why I ask can they be swapped, there's one extra wire on the Turbo that's throwing me off. Could be easier to buy parts but one came with the boat I bought and the other was gift. If you can't see the pixs I can take some more.

Attached Image(s)

4 Replies Related Threads

eyedreamn
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 368
    Re: Swapping trolley motor parts? 2013/09/23 22:14:36 (permalink)
    One extra wire in the wrong place would give you two completely junked trolling motors. I don't suggest you do any swapping of electrical components unless you have a schematic wiring diagram. Obviously the switching is different on the motors. It would be real easy to burn up your good parts.......

The second issue is the motors may have a different current rating. Higher current requires a larger gauge wire and components. If the other motors wiring and components are not rated for that amount of current again, you will have two bad motors.

Just shooting from the hip here.....but, I bet the endura 50 draws more than the 30.

Before you do anything, get the schematic drawling. Check the wiring configuration and current ratings.
    post edited by eyedreamn - 2013/09/24 05:36:22
    dangel55
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Swapping trolley motor parts? 2013/09/24 07:58:43 (permalink)
    Thanks eyedreamn, I have been on the website trying to find as much info as I could. Like I said one came with my jon boat when I barter for it and my buddy had this one laying around collecting dust and rain and everything else sitting outside. Just wanna get in the water :-)

eye crosser
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 119
    Re: Swapping trolley motor parts? 2013/09/24 09:44:19 (permalink)
    e-bay for around $25 for the switch.10 minutes of work and your good to go.
    Walleye jigs
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1231
    Re: Swapping trolley motor parts? 2013/09/24 14:42:23 (permalink)
    DO NOT SWAP PARTs between those two motors. Completely different amp ratings or you'll land up needing oars. Like eye crosser said Ebay motors under boat parts put minn kota in search box. You can find most of your parts there, keep in mind that in the lower part of those motors theres other elect stuff sealed in the nose cone.
    Jump to: