Water/Stain Proofing?

Author
rickhound
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points: 0
2013/09/19 16:16:40 (permalink)

Water/Stain Proofing?

Hey ya'll I am having an issue with rain gear and ruined apparel, does anyone have any experience with textile proofing and how to properly use it. I spend a lot of money on outdoor apparel and would like to maximize its use and keep it in good standing for as long as possible. Cause it is expensive.

1 Reply Related Threads

spawnbag
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 13
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Water/Stain Proofing? 2014/01/23 17:37:19 (permalink)
    I have outerwear that has Goretex inside of it.  The Goretex is NOT the outer shell.  It is a sheet-like material inside the garment.   I found a product called Never Wet, that can be used to waterproof the outer shell of a garment.  Home Depot carries it in the Paint section.  It isn't cheap, and in my experience the water-proofness wears off pretty quickly (a couple months).  But it works great for a while. 

Nothing lasts forever, and I don't treat my outdoor clothing any special way to try to make that happen.   I use Cabelas Guidewear (watch for great clearance sales in the near future), and it works great for me.  It is very durable, and keeps me as dry as I can reasonably expect.   I don't wear my fishing jacket to Church.  
    Jump to: