I need advice on handheld GPS units.

Author
treesparrow
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
2013/06/23 09:26:26 (permalink)

I need advice on handheld GPS units.

My wife wants to geo cache' ing with the grandkids. Now that is fine with me as she needs a GPS unit. Well there attention span is ~ 10 minutes and the GPS unit will be forgotten. I have wanted a good handheld GPS unit for many years usable for boat and ice fishing. Locating structure and brushpiles and cribs plus holding mapping contours. What unit should I get( them Ha!  Ha!)?    Any help would be appriciated.  Treesparrow

1 Reply Related Threads

bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2521
    • Reward points: 0
    Re:I need advice on handheld GPS units. 2013/06/23 09:56:17 (permalink)
    I have a Garmin Oregon 450.  Use it while geocaching and also  while riding my bike.  I keep track of elevation, distance traveled, speed, max speed,  moving average speed, stopped time and total time of ride. Great unit and Garmin site will keep it updated. Caching is a great hobby. Some cache's are specifically placed to appeal to children. I am a premium member on the geocaching.com web site and find it to be very user friendly. I am leaving shortly for a ride on the Ghost Town trail and along the way I will be searching for 3 caches along the way. I hope your wife and grandchildren end up enjoying caching as much if not more that I do.

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
    Quote: E.B. White

Jump to: