Helpful ReplyHot!music thread

Page: << < ..1112 Showing page 12 of 12
Author
twobob
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1709
  • Reward points: 0
Re:music thread 2015/09/24 19:47:03 (permalink)
Not exactly music but I enjoyed it when I saw it[tube]https://youtu.be/7DXfwUN9M8k[/tube]
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1721
Re:music thread 2015/09/26 21:22:17 (permalink)
[tube]https://youtu.be/x_iVxiBNGFM[/tube]
post edited by Lucky13 - 2015/09/26 21:24:24
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5192
Re:music thread 2015/10/11 22:00:42 (permalink)
well the day just keeps getting better.
New 80 cd tunes and just looked on Lukas Nelson's tour list..
We are trying to go to Daryl's (Hall) house , it's a tues and a dinner type venue, kinda strange for that band..
And just found out They are playing at the Den in Saratoga, 45 mins from home and a rockin pub, Tickets booked !!
For $15.00, this is great music at the RIGHT price !!

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2015/12/04 09:35:32 (permalink)
So what happened to the Statler Bros?
Fish5000
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 755
Re:music thread 2015/12/19 23:03:54 (permalink)
Beautiful guitar Hot Tuna. Thanks for sharing!
FredT
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: music thread 2015/12/27 12:15:10 (permalink)
Just checking out your music thread. I like a little bluegrass and old country. Try to make something that sounds like music on my acoustic. I just did a search on the music archive site.
Holy Shmoly !!! Now to just go through it and pick 'em out.
Thanks. 
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2015/12/27 19:24:45 (permalink)
cool, Live music Archive is pretty amazing.. Lots to sort through but there are some gems hidden in there.. Hope you enjoy..
I been slacking lately here but going to see my favorite local ban Acoustic Rye (not on archive) and might upload some of their tunes..

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7682
Re: music thread 2015/12/27 22:21:44 (permalink)
Just 'ratchet jawing' on another thread and I was searching some info when I came across this video on YouTube.  Suppose to be a rare video, thought yinz (if ya haven't already) like to see it.

https://youtu.be/jI7M2ELPtro

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2015/12/28 18:52:57 (permalink)
Thank You BTDT..
I grew up with Cash, Williams, Carter, Lynn, Pride, Anderson, Clark & Nelson as a young pup along horse trails and campfires listening to "0ld" folks playing these songs.. It was a family tradition.. Took me many years until I saw the light and realized how influential this music really was.. Along with Sesame Street, Hee Haw was my favorite TV show, it was about the music, way back then 
My dad had a golden palomino & me an old quarter horse, all in all we had 7 horses... Man that video brought back memories.. Hope I can dig out some of those old photos from moms house..
Thanks man !!!
post edited by hot tuna - 2015/12/28 18:56:14

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2015/12/28 19:47:15 (permalink)
Your very much welcome HT.  

Many of my friends, over the years have said, Cash couldn't sing.  As you say, "it was about the music", such a shame those people couldn't hear the song.

Wasn't til later in life the wife and I acquired one of her childhood dreams, a Missouri Fox Trotter that rode like a Cadillac and a Appy/Arab mix (what a knot head) that rode like a jeep on steroids. 

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

twobob
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2015/12/30 04:37:53 (permalink)
[tube]https://youtu.be/LMPWfHqVj40[/tube]
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2015/12/30 19:35:30 (permalink)
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nJ0G5pf9w/"
well these old high school boys sure know that its about the music.. They were a grateful dead-Allmans - hot tuna cover band way back.. Heck we all piled into my chevy-S-10 and landed in Woodstock 1994.. Front row, on stage with wavy, jorma, bobby , bruce & the remaining members of the band..
Still pickin today and playing in Troy NY, New Years night !! Walt plays a mean banjo too :)
Rock on Acoustic Rye !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nJ0G5pf9w

post edited by hot tuna - 2015/12/30 19:40:38

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2016/01/01 08:04:02 (permalink)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQdh90hf81o
The Nelson Family ringing in the New Year 2016 :)

Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2016/01/01 15:07:12 (permalink)
Wow, Willy finally replaced the Martin!
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2016/01/28 21:04:30 (permalink)
I have no music to play , only words of sorrow .
RIP Captian Kantner 😓
Fly trans love airplane

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: music thread 2016/07/04 09:56:29 (permalink)
Happy Independence day ..
If you have 12 mins of your life to spare, Here is Neil & Promise of the Real on tour in Europe.. Great band, great music...
Enjoy:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOqs-nuZVcw[/tube]

old dog
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1106
Re: music thread 2016/07/06 12:02:28 (permalink)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2017/09/19 20:55:10 (permalink)
The last 2 days I been watching Farm Aid 2017. I attended 2013 and saw some amazing artists old and new. My first exposure was the first in 1985.via satalite.
If you'd like to watch 2017 here is a link to 8 plus hrs.
https://www.jambase.com/a...st-night-farm-aid-2017

My rrecommendation viewing is farm aid 1985 .
That will be my morning music tomorrow .
Support the farmers in the USA !!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2017/09/19 21:43:51 (permalink)
Watched it live Tuna. Gotta be honest, it sure wasn't like the good old days. Many of the singers/groups with that terrible nasal moan they pass off as country. l just can't feel the music with some of these folks like I can when Willie sings. HOWEVER, those folks did show up to support Willie's great cause of helping the American Farmer.

Hearing Willie and his songs sure brought back good memories of sailing the asphalt oceans and concrete seas, where the hills and mountains, were waves to me.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2017/09/21 17:34:44 (permalink)
Thanks for tuning in BTDT.. Agree somewhat. After watching 2017 then 1985, it was a different feeling. To me and being at 2013, it's more so the generation of viewers , media and the concert goers have changed more then the music itself.. Willie , Neil and John as well as us are getting no younger.. It's great to see hopefully this cause continue through the generations of folks like Dave Matthews , Tim Reynolds,  Lukas Nelson / Promise of the Real, Jack Johnson &  Jamey Johnson ..  Again to me, in 85 there were the core 3 (willie,john & Neil ) who reached into each others musical circle to bring very talented people to donate their time for a great cause, not just pay off willies lawyers. lol  . The media and political hype was huge in support. I honestly think it was the start of festival concerts. In that, I believe it became it's demise from media and the people who attend.. I have been to many musical festivals since around 1989. The bluegrass were always great and family atmosphere, the rock/blues were fun in the beginning but gained such popularity it got to busy for mine and wife's liking and hung that up 15 years or so ago.
As this yarn keeps spinning, we seen farm aid in 2013 . It seemed like just another all day very crowded music festival with obnoxious people.. It had lost its Vibe about what it was about. We had the chance to go see it in VA 2016 an PA 2017 but passed due to not liking festival shows.   

Where does this leave us/wife included.. We like live music. There are artists out there today that are amazingly talented.. From the true country traditional music, it's tough pickings for national talent (IMO) but local cover / original music is in the strangest of places if you look at it right, even Lukas :) , sorry.
We do small clubs, bars or theaters.. I've seen better open Mic shows then being at an Allan Jackson or Eric Clapton concert with 20,000 screaming people.
My dad introduced me to the Hee Haw gang when I was a pup riding horses so to retract : , probably my first festival music ..  Roy Clark was one heck of a picker  !!!! 
Then again ,John Anderson and Stephen Stills (not same show )  handing my wife a guitar pick in a 125 seat club is
feeling it knowing the music never died.. yup him too same place ...
We ain't dead yet so keep shakin the bones  , I'll come up with something for everyone's morning music by the Stormy Monday blues :)

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2017/09/21 19:24:09 (permalink)
Not a festival goer myself. Though I do enjoy people gathered for a good day of fun in the sun. Problem is, I never fail to pick a spot, indoors or out, where the idiots who can't hold their booze will be. If they aint bellering at the top of their lungs they're, up in front of everyone, jumping around like they're panties is full of fire ants. I prefer the folks who are layed back enjoying the time. I ain't a smoker but give me someone who does weed any day. Except when they start raiding my cooler for my munchies!!! I don't care who you are, there ain't no law says I gotta share my snacks.

Back to the music, ain't many musicians I listen to anymore. I have my favorites I downloaded from the internet or transfered from sources like CDs or the old tapes. Have em all on a SD card now and plug it into my 'puter or car sound system.

Love to sing some of the old songs at times and when I'm with my friends they ask me to sing tenor. Ten or 12 miles down the road....10-4!!!

I'm sitting on my deck as I type and no matter which direction I look I see farm fields. Fields that, up til ten years ago laid with Golden Rod, Lambs Ear and other weed (non-smoking) are now filled with crops or pasture.

The farmers, maybe not benefitting directly from Willie & John but I'll bet, inspired.

Hell I swear, I heard an Amish dude driving his buckboard singing "On Der Road Agin"....Yah!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/09/21 19:51:50

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2017/09/22 09:26:35 (permalink)
Heard of these guys? Not a bad sounding group. No musical instruments though I ain't sure you could it Acapella.

This video they do a sing along but they do their own music and versions of others.

Tried watching them sing "Ring Of Fire".... nnnnnot good. 😧 Went for the 'gong' right away. Not nice to mess with one of the top classics of all time. Nope not in my book.😡

https://youtu.be/Wgm9gZs1hYw

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2017/09/23 08:26:22 (permalink)
I get this random text yesterday to "come out to see live music and good clean fun".. Had no clue who it was from but figured why the heck not as it was only a few miles from my house..  When I get there I was kinda shocked at what was happening, it was a full on backyard party , electric band with a speak easy in the basement.. This was in a pretty developed area and I will say there were a LOT of people old and young having a real good time..
The band was made up of the Father on guitar , the son on bass and 11 year old grandson on drums who rotated with his father on bass/drums.. It was just incredible talent .. The music they played covered everyone's pleasure from old time rock, blues , traditional country to funk and soul.. I don't think there was anyone who wasn't enjoying the music.. By the time I got warmed up and my feet couldn't stand still , I was shakin the bones , that's all it took to get EVERYONE  dancing .. What a fun night had by all and as I found this event happens every Friday night all summer where bands play for bills tossed into a hat and people show up with a dish or desert to share..
Like I said:
There is some good music out there and sometimes in the strangest places if you look at it right.  
Fun fun :)

My next local music scene is Friday with a 3 piece band I grew up with who span everything from bluegrass to the good ole" Grateful dead.. Live music is better , bumper stickers should be issued !!!  

twobob
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2017/12/24 14:20:53 (permalink)
[tube]https://youtu.be/LnkU-RTWKC8[/tube]
post edited by twobob - 2017/12/24 14:23:22
twobob
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2018/08/16 13:30:27 (permalink)
[tube]https://youtu.be/PNLlw9B0pBI[/tube]
Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:music thread 2018/08/22 10:52:33 (permalink)
One for 2B

[tube]https://youtu.be/hoQ0oS60fEI[/tube]
Page: << < ..1112 Showing page 12 of 12
Jump to: