Got my new Xbow today

Author
anzomcik
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 720
  • Reward points: 0
2013/03/29 21:26:04 (permalink)

Got my new Xbow today

Last season i thought i could juggle fishing, making baits, full time job, time with my wife and new born baby girl, and hunting (rifle and archery). I managed to do well in all the areas but one, that was enough practice to be 100% comfortable with my bow. I practiced enough to be sure I was able to kill a deer but  every archer knows when they hit their stride after enough practice every year, i didnt get to that point in my practice last year. Again I was no slouch with my bow, i wanted more practice...

So after alot of thought, and i didnt want to at first but a xbow seemed to be a good fit for my now very busy life. I will still have to practice, no short cuts, but I feel this will help me with my busy life to where I will have my head full of confidence with out the constant through out the season practice. Plus it will make second archery a little easier, and I might just give it more of my time (if im allowed)

Here she is my new toy, it wasnt easy getting my hands on her. It seems everyone wants this bow.  When I ordered it, it was back ordered the rep from excalibur said there was over 4,000 (yes 4 thousand) people ahead of me waiting!!!!

Well I got her today, I have been a big fan of Excalibur xbow for a while. My father and wife each have one, a very good accurate no nonsence hunting bow. So when I seen this model hit the market it pushed me over the edge and I got in line.

I shot it a few times, and WOW. If you are in the market for xbow you really need to check out the new matrix lineup. I am very impressed, to say the least. This is a total game changer for me.

My Matrix 380 Black Out, I hope to fill a spring gobbler tag with her this year.

4 Replies Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    Re:Got my new Xbow today 2013/04/02 06:48:26 (permalink)
    Nice bow. I have shot the Matrix already and liked it alot. You are right that they are popular. Excalibur is working three shifts to fill orders. For those that are used to wide recurve crossbows, this changes the game.

Can be very finicky with arrows because of the abrupt acceleration. Heavy spine is needed for best accuracy.

Curious. Look on the inside of the limbs by the limb bolts. Are there any voids in the limbs? Excal had some issues with their first production runs and said they addressed the issue.

Thanks and good luck with the Matrix.

My rifle is a black rifle
    anzomcik
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re:Got my new Xbow today 2013/04/02 16:39:30 (permalink)
    The limbs have a few very small voids, looks like maybe air pockets from molding? May be no more .010" deep You have to look pretty hard to see them. I have no concern over them being there.

Everything on the bow except for the string and rubber string stops carry a lifetime guarantee.

I played around this past weekend with it, she shoots so flat. It is like 60yards is the new 40yards.

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    Re:Got my new Xbow today 2013/04/02 22:02:38 (permalink)
    It is a sweet shooting bow for sure.  All indications are those voids are cosmetic. No failures yet that I have heard of.  Best of luck with your new toy.

My rifle is a black rifle
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    Re:Got my new Xbow today 2013/04/03 16:27:34 (permalink)
    Just a word on Xbow hunters,40 yards is a far poke with any bow or Xbow. One of the reasons Xbow hunters get bad rap because they like to fling bolts. I have killed deer in Ohio and Pa. with Xbows but even though 40 yard taget get center punched in the back yard is not like hunting conditions. Getting close and knowing what deer do is the key to filling your buck tag. I had a dandy 8 pt after a doe the next to the last day of bow season at 35 yards,I know I could have hit him,but the red briars in front of him would not let me make the shot I wanted(a kill shot) so I did the right thing.It all worked out,the second day of gun he came by and I was rewarded. Good luck with your new toy.
    Jump to: