AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..186187188189190.. > >> Showing page 186 of 199
Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/09 18:42:49 (permalink)
It was 4 degrees this am high got to 38 I think.still lotsa snow here

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/10 09:08:45 (permalink)
Woke up to 2 inches snow and still coming down. Supposed to be rain.
Week 18 in the ice book.
Did well on perch yesterday, each of us keeping 10 apiece. When they average over 12 " you only need 10 to make a nice meal for a few people.
Gonna work on some indoor home projects today and I'm already an hr behind, lol

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/10 11:40:25 (permalink)
Beautiful weather here. 'cept for the snow muup on the mountains.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/03/10 11:46:24

Attachment(s)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/10 12:01:34 (permalink)
No trees, woods, ice , lakes or ponds .
Btdt.... not going back but only for a visit

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/10 13:56:33 (permalink)
No argument from me HT, pretty to see but give give me the North East any day. 

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/10 15:01:04 (permalink)
Enjoy the ride. Its beautiful scenery indeed.
I did some scouting for elk and rams while I was in the high country of Arizona and new Mexico a few times.
Lots of free land out there, just not enough woods and waters for me.

Spring is coming here very soon. Grandson and I took an ATV ride out back to the mighty muddy Hudson and trib.
No ice in sight on the waters that flow.
I have a 3 week window counting now to finish my 20 week ice season and receive farm animals. Then all hell breaks loose with stripers.
Kayak may get wet once again before April even though there is plenty of hardwater to walk on.

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/11 13:15:33 (permalink)
Saw my first ROBIN on my lawn this morning,have to get my Steelhead gear organized as the time to fish Ohio is neartoday is sunny and warm and they say it will hit the mid 60's Friday.Our snow is quickly melting
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/11 13:51:54 (permalink)
Was it a Robin or one of those similar looking birds that passes through going much further north ??
We had some here a couple of weeks back.
(cant recall their name)
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/11 16:53:10 (permalink)
Vehicle temp said 46 on ride home. Sun was bright all day and snow has melted here for most part. If I get home and indoor temperature says 50 without out any heat on , it's a good sign.
Temperatures look in the 40s all week, rain on Wednesday and Friday will be a killer to my local ice access.
Shorelines will warm to much to recover from the rain.
I got 2 more weekends to walk on water then I will spend late March/ early April playing in my muddy yard getting garden and farm ready. Gotta get that boat out of the mud before a complete thaw or it will be a challenge.
Since the time changed, spring has sprung.
Aside from the usual month long striper season late April- mid may . The next fishing adventure will be fathers day weekend with family on the awesome able river sticking trout and our annual Rhode island clam trip end of June.
After that , fishing is pretty much over for me until fall or winter
post edited by hot tuna - 2019/03/11 16:59:37

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/11 18:28:01 (permalink)
r3g3
Was it a Robin or one of those similar looking birds that passes through going much further north ??
We had some here a couple of weeks back.
(cant recall their name)

I looked with glasses to be sure and it was a Robin,later I went for a long walk in a city park,but no Robins were seen.
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/12 10:15:49 (permalink)
Been Robins in my neighborhood in Rochester for a couple of weeks, now, but I think a lot of them either shortstop on the way south or have become year round residents, like a lot of the honkers.
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/12 20:56:50 (permalink)
No higher than 36 here , plenty of snow, BUT things are starting to smell like spring. It's a certain wet smell. I have a feeling there will be no moderate (1000) flow steel this spring only high water
post edited by Clint S - 2019/03/12 20:58:41

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/12 21:37:08 (permalink)
R3 wound that be an 'Orchard Oriole' you're thinking of? They usually come in by the flock and leave almost as fast.

I had to "drop back forty yards and punt". Heading for the south rim of the Grand Cayon until "Mother Nature" or was it "Old Man Winter" decided to dump up to 8" of snow on top of the RV resort where we will be staying.

Oh well, what's one more day in Hilbrook, AR where the weather will be a bit wet, but no snow...... I hope.

Sunshine beginning Thursday and lasting through the week.

Stupid snow, I thought I left that stuff muup northeast with yinz guys.😡

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/12 21:45:50 (permalink)
South rim is awesome.
I've been 3 times. March is the best.
Enjoy !!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/12 22:46:37 (permalink)
Thank you HT, such a vast area and when there's so much to see, its nice to hear we're headed to a good area.

Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/13 09:00:06 (permalink)
Clint S
No higher than 36 here , plenty of snow, BUT things are starting to smell like spring. It's a certain wet smell. I have a feeling there will be no moderate (1000) flow steel this spring only high water

If that is the case, there are other spots you can travel to that should be more productive than in a lower water spring.  Also, 2B and I discovered a couple spots that fished nicely at over 2000 last fall, even 30+ year veteran's can learn a new trick or two by thinking " out of the box."

I'll be getting up there (unless we have a blizzard) for that meeting second week in April, so I'll be trying a few casts then.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/13 10:52:42 (permalink)
37 degrees in Holbrook AR this morning. Glad I remembered to bring my snow brush..... if only I could remember, where I put it?? lmao

Oh what the heck, the sun is suppose to come out later, I'll just wait for the stupid snow to melt.

I'm also happy I'm not presently at our next destination. I would likely need a snowblower.

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/16 15:56:48 (permalink)
Difficult day . Weather just wouldn't keep the sun out long enough. Wind is my friend right now to try and dry out the MUD, sunshine would help considerably.
Since I officially bagged the ice season, I been trying to do outside work today.
At least got the boat on planks. Cut some firewood and prepared the chick brooding station.
Took a ride out back to check the mighty muddy too. Its looking good but still 3 weeks out before considering a yak scout.

From here on for next 4 weeks , its all garden and farm chores.
Please play nice mrs. Weather lady...

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/17 15:38:20 (permalink)
1 inch snow and ground froze overnight.
Missed opportunity to drag boat out as it turned muddy after 10 AM.
Did make some moves with pig stall and cut more wood.
Life is good here

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/17 20:25:21 (permalink)
Wish I had your energy Rich. I got the syrup stove out and I waited too long. The tractor tore the lawn up a little.  I know I should of went out earlier, but my chair was warm and the TV shows interesting. My trees are tapped, but I am late maybe too late. All good though because I only want a gallon or 2 to make and till have some from last year.

Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/17 20:57:11 (permalink)
Took a walk on the local ditch this PM, started where everybody does, but hoofed 3/4 mile upstream to a flatter stretch, found five redds with fish on them, counted 12 fish, had three on and landed a bright hen of 31,"  lots of other redds with no fish (either spooked earlier, or gone.)  Droppie season is right around the corner, suckers will be running any day now.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/17 21:35:28 (permalink)
Nice going L-13. My fishing stopped last weekend until the mighty muddy gets ready about tax day.
I did take a trip through Massachusetts Friday and the NY border streams look in great shape. They are usually brookie fish.
These were always my first trout fishing years past. Also did a recon locally while visiting a farmer this morning on some other streams that looked great too.

Normally my trout season doesn't begin until June but heck I may get bored and wet a line.
All ice gear has been stored

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/18 21:23:47 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thank you HT, such a vast area and when there's so much to see, its nice to hear we're headed to a good area.

Hope your doing well btdt.
May be to late but when I said sout rim, it was in the national forest and then down through Navajo towards new Mexico.
The skyway reservation area towards Las Vegas super lame and expensive.
Enjoy and I'd suggest everyone to take the adventure.
I still believe March and early April is best

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/31 13:30:38 (permalink)
There is nothing good I can say about the weather in the last 10 months. Its been depressing. So sick of the every week rains and the mud that ensues.
I can't remember a time like this where it never ends.
I will take a month long drought about now.
There is still a lot of snowmelt to come from above the blue line.
The mighty muddy Hudson is in good shape but the boat is not.
If this rain doesn't end soon, I'm small boat
Striper fishing from out my back yard

Attachment(s)

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/03/31 19:50:26 (permalink)
HT I hear you about the mud. Seems to be a problem many of the places I been. Colder than normal temps too. Some places by as much as 35 degrees. Where the hell did 'global warming go'?

I appreciate the map you posted. We did run I-40 from Alabama to Vegas. Beautiful land all the way across but I'll take my little piece of Penn's Woods, hands down.

We stayed in Grand Canyon Village for several days, taking in as much of the Canyon as these old legs would allow. Just saw on the boob tube a body was found in around the village and another visitor went over the edge somewhere near that Skywalk thingy on the reservation. Dude was said to be standing on the rim taking selfies when he stumbled and fell 1000 feet.

Vegas can stay in Vegas and so can the Las Vegas RV Resort, where we stayed. Took two hours just to empty my holding tanks through forty feet of RV hose cause the connection was that far away and up hill. I looked like Cousin Eddy on Christmas Vacation and when I told the resort their chyter was full, they looked at me like "big whoop".

Think Spring.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/03/31 19:52:45

Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/04/01 08:14:43 (permalink)
Got all my ducks lined up for an early start south to the Finger Lakes for the opener, over slept a little and got up at 5 AM to find 4" of new snow (not what I cleaned off the cars yesterday), the road out front a sheet of ice, and reports of beaucoup accidents out on the Xways.  Still home, I wasn't even driving a couple of miles in this s*** all winter, not taking any more chances now, especially on April Fool's day.  Once the rush hour is over, maybe I'll take a slow ride and see if I can find anything left in Naples, but no derby for me this year. :(
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re:Weather thread 2019/04/01 09:04:26 (permalink)
March certainly went out like a lion in my area. Snow whipped sideways by high winds.

Only about an inch in places, but the bridges are solid ice and will lead to lots of accidents because after it being in the low 70’s on Saturday, most peeps are in the spring/summer driving mode and won’t react to possibly losing control on a bridge until it is too late.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/04/01 18:41:25 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
HT I hear you about the mud. Seems to be a problem many of the places I been. Colder than normal temps too. Some places by as much as 35 degrees. Where the hell did 'global warming go'?

I appreciate the map you posted. We did run I-40 from Alabama to Vegas. Beautiful land all the way across but I'll take my little piece of Penn's Woods, hands down.

We stayed in Grand Canyon Village for several days, taking in as much of the Canyon as these old legs would allow. Just saw on the boob tube a body was found in around the village and another visitor went over the edge somewhere near that Skywalk thingy on the reservation. Dude was said to be standing on the rim taking selfies when he stumbled and fell 1000 feet.

Vegas can stay in Vegas and so can the Las Vegas RV Resort, where we stayed. Took two hours just to empty my holding tanks through forty feet of RV hose cause the connection was that far away and up hill. I looked like Cousin Eddy on Christmas Vacation and when I told the resort their chyter was full, they looked at me like "big whoop".

Think Spring.

We went through Flagstaff , up past Sedona and into the national park 4 times since my daughter lived in southern az. That was a fabulous and fantastic point of entry with minimal fees into the national park and back down through new Mexico.
I'd highly suggest anyone doing it at least once in a lifetime.

I went to Vegas once and they can keep that place. The point of entry is all reservation , big money and much lesser views imo. We passed on the pay to walk skywalk.
The one interesting thing we found for free or minimal fee was Red Rock canyon national conservation area. Again in Vegas it's the only thing we found interesting. Skip hover dam, btdt.

The desert is not my cup of tea but a sight to behold none the less withn a 5 hr plane trip or 4 day 1 way adventure.
We flew 1 way and drove back or forth each time.
I'd fly out and rent a car for a week again if I could. March or early April is the time to be there. Way better than Disneyland

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/04/01 21:21:09 (permalink)
Definitely out like a lion we got a foot of snow last night

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2019/04/02 02:05:11 (permalink)
Arrived at my old stomping grounds in Penn's Woods today where I will set up house keeping until next Oct. When we hope to head west to the big forest and sights in between. Weather, of course, will be the deciding factor as to when we turn south.

Sure hope it's not another year of below normal temperatures and above average precipitation like this past year.

We had hoped to see the National Sequoia Forest in Cal. then head back through Zion but the winter weather just wasn't in our favor and I did want to stay away from any and all snow, during our return trip.

Made it as far east as Springfield OH. where we holed up and the cold temps hit 23 degrees for a low and 36 degrees for a high following 56 degrees, heavy rain and 40 MPH gusty wind the day before.

The next day, under sunny sky's and still 35 degrees we traveled north
and began to see heavy accumulations of snow, leading me to believe we would be setting up in the very stuff we had hoped to escape, back in Dec. Luck was surely in my favor as we arrived to bare dry grounds.

Weather dude says one more night in the low 30s then we will be walking on sunshine and be seeing temps in the 70s by weeks end.

OH BOY!!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/04/02 02:10:34

Page: << < ..186187188189190.. > >> Showing page 186 of 199
Jump to: