AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..166167168169170.. > >> Showing page 168 of 199
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/13 20:59:30 (permalink)
I feel your pain HT, we drop back into the forties for highs during the day and low thirties for night time temps starting next week, then maybe back to fifties by Friday.  Rain and snow in my forecast also and while the rain won't threaten the project of washing my house, application of the oil will need wait for above freezing weather and thorough drying.  The gooder thing for me, the weather sucks to try fishing but good enough to get a head start on my project so hopefully the job is done before the fishin becomes fun.

Enjoying the gardening thread and looking forward to watching your success raising your new livestock.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/14 16:03:58 (permalink)
EWWWWWWwwwww..........

Could be worse I guess, according to TheWeatherChannel.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/18 21:45:08

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/15 10:29:52 (permalink)
86 and sunny yesterday. 60 with a forecasted 2.25 inches of rain starting this afternoon and an additional 0.25 inches between midnight and dawn Monday.

That will blow out everything around here for a minimum of a week, maybe two.

Some caddis started around here yesterday (I didn’t partake in the trout opener, but my wife and I had a picnic along our section of trout stream). If the majority of the hatch occurs during extreme high water, egg laying will not be very successful and the hatch next year will not be too good.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/15 10:45:52 (permalink)
86 , holy cow !! You in Florida ?
It's 34 today. No rain yet and as Smokey bear says. Only you can prevent forest fires . With the wind , no campfire today.
Moved the boat 1 step closer. Working on another fencing project before the rain comes.
While we don t need more mud, I'll take full rain barrels

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/15 12:19:50 (permalink)
It was 87 here yesterday,today a high of maybe 42,took a walk yesterday along a local trout stream and it was low and clear,saw alot of stockers but the whole thing did n't race my motor so never broke out the gear.I'm spoiled in that the experience of fishing for fish measuered in pounds is a lot better than inches.Probaly won't wet a line until there are some steady hatches.
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/15 17:49:58 (permalink)
About an 1/8 of ice last night this am. It has stopped raining.  It's cold (33) , windy and just plain nasty out. The wind cuts right through you like a knife.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/15 20:40:30 (permalink)
Keep that cold stuff muup there if you please... please?

Weather dude sayin' might be 2" or better of rain for my area but so far, since it started(4/15), it's only been off & on light showers. Wind at the airport is gusting into the high 20s but in my back yard, my wind speed thingy is showing gust into the upper teens. Clouds are really low in the sky and hammer down north bound.

Looking at the weather over MI and WI the past 24 hours, I hope that crap don't drop south. That could suck!!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/16 10:29:44

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/16 10:52:59 (permalink)
The wind continues to be brutal. Lost one of my sugar maples and a few poplar on the back 40.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/16 11:00:43 (permalink)
(4/16) Dam, the stuff over WI & MI is swirling and dropping south..... that sucks!!!!     The 5 day forecast is showing improvement but til then, I'm looking at rain in the daytime with maybe/could-be/might-be, snow in the night.  OAT sitting at 40F. with rain/snow driven by a gentle breeze blowing through my piece, of the Pennsylvania Wilds. 

I'm hoping to finish with the power washing of my humble adobe today so I can benefit from the dry mild temperatures (forecast by weeks end) to apply a coat of oil.  My wife is very happy with the project as, we all know how, a fresh coat of finish can make one's home look nice.  However, the wife has laid down the law informing me when such work is done in the future, the power washer is to be used on exterior walls only.

Be warm and stay dry, good times and tight lines.

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/16 12:16:37 (permalink)
Night temps will continue to dip into freezing for the next week. High temps barely  hitting 50, this is not conductive to getting stuff done.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/16 12:17:05 (permalink)
While we are on the subject of oil and and getting stuff done, looking at my grass, I best finish the maintenance on my mower and change the oil.  I'm thinkin' my grass don't give a dam about the cold weather and is lovin all the rain.  GOOD GRIEF, if it ain't one thing it's another!!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/16 12:18:30

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/16 12:58:08 (permalink)
BTDT,when the sun hits that grass you may need a bigger mower My mower is in the shop for some work,I hope they call me soon.Had a good soaking rain last night and now the streams went from low and clear to high and muddy.Fishing is now out for awhile.
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/16 12:58:52 (permalink)
Lawn is still dormant. Crocus have just started peeping through.  I have a 50 hour service to do on my mower and a leaky valve stem to deal with on the Farmall. We need to get the manure out soon 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/17 17:22:01 (permalink)
Pafisher I hear you on the "out comes the sun and up pops the grass". Stupid grass. 😖

Took a ride past some area trout streams and they are definitely showing results from the past rains. But by golly, there's a few die hards out trying their luck.

On another note, today is 4/17 so WHAT THE HELL 😡

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/17 17:24:05

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/18 19:52:34 (permalink)
Ok I'm sick of this mud season weather.
With a cold rain and snow, it's tough to get motivation working outside. The only saving grace are muck boots .
I cut 2 more decent trees down tonight. 1 maple for firewood/ clearing for the berries. Another poplar, tall and straight for another berry bed as well to line the remaining fence in the pig pen.
Was told locusts are poison to them so I been using poplar there.

Send some 60's and sunshine up this vast Jack

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/18 22:26:16 (permalink)
It's on it's way HT, comin by air mail!!!  Except, this drop shipment is gotta be unloaded first.

Woke up this morning to 32 degree temps and overcast skies til about 1:30 when out popped the sun and the temps found their way into the mid forties.  Didn't take me but seconds to vacate the easy chair and head for the mancave where the pressure sprayer and rain gear are stored.  Shortly before sunset, I'm shoving it all back in the mancave with the relief and self satisfaction of job well done.  Well at least half well done but looking at the above map, work will be delayed for a day or two when sunny warm weather is to once again return to my back yard.  At which time, out again will come the sprayer but it won't be, the washer the second half of the project.  This time Mr. Wagner will be joining me for a round of fun, assisting me with the application of specially formulated wood treatment, derived from a secrete recipe of select oils and penetrates.

The instructions call for applying the oil with a roller or a brush and you can bet your bottom dollar THAT ain't happening!!!  Painting a house with any coating using a brush sucks and takes forever and a day to complete.  Spraying the coating followed by a few brush strokes to work the oil into the wood is soooooo much easier and makes it possible to git-r-done before fishing weather arrives.  Not that I am a fair weather angler mind ya but it ain't, a bad thing.

Anyway if the weather dude is correct as he has been with every dam fowl weather forecast, I should be seeing by Friday, sunny and increasing warmer weather for my little piece of Penn's Woods.

Fishin..... here I come!!

OH BTW, better half says I've done such a great job on the house she's gonna let me,  paint the deck.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/21 07:26:18

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/19 06:34:42 (permalink)
That nice little weather map is just a tick off on color.
It's SNOWING again here

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/19 08:04:37 (permalink)
That’s about enough.

I have outside things to do — round up fine privet, plant wild flowers, spread some pasture mix seed, etc. and this wind, rain, snow, drizzle, cold isn’t letting any of that get done.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/19 08:49:00 (permalink)
Just call in your order for tomorrows, sunshine and 40 degree weather. But WAIT, order now and we will include a second sunshiney day. Just pay separate FEES and shipping.

Please expect a 6 week deliver time.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/19 08:52:48

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/21 07:25:20 (permalink)
26 degrees at 6am , come on Son

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/21 08:28:51 (permalink)
Frost, ground frozen. No doing Round Up or pasture mix seeding until at least late afternoon.

With the forecast for over 1.5 inches of rain through Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, which will completely blow things out here once again, I heading out trout fishing on a Saturday, something I dislike doing, because if they don’t take this opportunity (albeit a high water one at best), it will be mid May until I get another chance, unless it rains again, of course .

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/21 08:31:52 (permalink)

Well I don't know if all-yinz-all got the weather we did, here in my little piece of Penn's Woods but if yinz didn't, it sucks to be yinz.  Then again, maybe I didn't get the weather some of yinz-all got aaaaaand it sucks to be me?    But anyways, with the house all washed and ready for some sunny days and bit of sustained temps in the 50s, before applying a coat of oil, I decided to take a break and go look at some real estate that just came on the market.

Traveling unknown roads of The Pennsylvania Wilds can lead to some very beautiful scenery along with exciting adventure because, in looking at the views, you didn't pay attention to where you were going plus, cell service and GPS suck in many of the valleys of Pennsylvania.  However, some FYI when becoming lost in the valleys,  with today's technology,  one merely need to find the next road that goes straight up in order to regain cell/gps connection so that one may find, where the hell one is at. 

I did stop and ask for direction but the dude just stood with his arms crossed grumbling something about pale face soooo I just moved on.  Funny, the guy, I swear looked like a fellow in a picture I once saw, titled "Chief Cornplanter".    Saw some other fellas tending a fire under a big copper tank with copper lines coming from it but I didn't stop for directions, I figured they was too busy making maple syrup or sumpthin so I didn't wanna bother them.  Thought we might see a roadside stand where they was selling syrup but didn't which was OK too cause the stuff they was cooking, smelled like creamed corn. 

Eventually we did find the homes, listed for sale in the small river communities along the banks of the mighty Allegheny River as well as,  meeting some very nice folks that vacation or live there year round.   River people are cool.

I thought perhaps yinz might enjoy a few pics of what we folks of the Pennsylvania Wilds enjoy in our back yards.

Good time and tight lines.

LONG WAY DOWN.....

LONGER WAY DOWN.......  

Going down........  ( as in sunset, yinz hogs)

Good morning Pennsylvania

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/21 08:49:11

Attachment(s)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/21 08:49:44 (permalink)
Pretty nice BTDT. I don't see us every relocating from my compound. Everything I need and more right here. A river trib in which I'm sure the ocean run striped bass are now starting to filter in , the mighty muddy Hudson a mear 2 miles downstream and meat on the hoof invading my garden abutted against the dog fence. My real only neighbors are quietly resting 6 feet under in an old yard out back. 14 wooded acres between us :).

Now that the yellow orb is out , time to get off my butt and get things done.
DarD, when I was a youngster, I'd hit every brook and feeder as soon as April-1 struck,
Now I only stream trout fish in the Adks once ice out happens, typically the second week in May.

Good luck folks .. Tuna signing off for the day until the work is done

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/21 09:41:30 (permalink)
HT appreciate the flowers on the pics, it is beautiful and to think, many folks don't know what's in or how to enjoy their own back yard.

Tough decision to relocate, but we moved to our present home to be closer to my terminal but now I need not worry about that and,  when I lived in the little town of Franklin PA. we would be on the river every chance we got.  I'm not going to find stripers and such swimming in my portion of the river, but I can't remember a time we didn't discover something new, when we were on the water.   The gooder part, if we relocate, the something new will be a new G3 with a "BIG" Yamaha jet drive...zoom zoom.  Probably a telescope too, for the front living room if we buy river side.  I mean hey, when ya live in them dark valleys along the water ya get some pretty good views of the moon and stars when they come out.

As for the mighty muddy Hudson, there wasn't a time when I was trailer trucking across one of her bridges that I wasn't drooling.  I hear ya on the being busy, I been enjoying your garden thread and look forward to seeing and hearing your future adventures.  But as they say in the old country "I BeenThereDoneThat"!!  Sold my tiller last summer and while we enjoyed having horses and raising a few head of beef on another homestead, I'm just to ****ed old for that stuff anymore. 

Some food for thought (no pun intended) do not name your animal(s)!!   I know "pork fat rules" but for some reason, it just don't taste the same, while your eating and thinking about Porky.

Good times and tight lines.

Forgot to mention for my fan club, through the miracles of modern technology, even though I may be living deep in the valleys of the Pennsylvania wilds I will still have my internet!!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/21 09:52:26

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3066
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/21 10:58:54 (permalink)
Hearing ya on the older thingie- my oldest turned 47 today-makes ya think----
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/21 20:13:55 (permalink)
Happy birthday to your son r3.

Hey, ya remember when you turned 47 and thought ya was gittin old? lol I remember those days, sitting behind the wheel thinkin about retirement. If I only knew then what I know now.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/23 19:05:18 (permalink)
Mosquitos are getting bad.

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/23 20:07:38 (permalink)
Yea they are I put up the gutters and eaten alive

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/26 20:17:16 (permalink)

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2018/04/28 10:39:10 (permalink)
So I'm sitting at my lap top looking out my back door (10:36AM;4/28) and my deck is slowly covering with cute tiny snowballs. 

WHAT THE HAIL? 

UPdate:  10:52AM, little snowballs have stopped falling and now being melted by moderate to heavy rain!!! 
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/04/28 10:54:37

Page: << < ..166167168169170.. > >> Showing page 168 of 199
Jump to: