AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 199
Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/23 21:45:37 (permalink)
Took a ride up to headwaters region today.... tons of snow!!! Tuna youre right bud, lets hope it doesnt get too warm though... although the res is low all of the feeders are completely open and flowing so once that ice brakes the juice will flow. Went north of the res and east... once i crossed the lewis county line it was noticeably more packed. There is the makings for flood stage up there if the right ingredients come in to play. Luckily with the last thaw we had brookfield really emptied out the res. Hopefully that will keep the flows below 1200 for the next week or so. But if those high forties days and above freezing nights end up being warmer than predicted, look out!!! Im hoping its a dry april with normal temps so we can enjoy this drop back season!!! Charlie, your timing could be great!!! Im thinking mid to late next week could be hot.... i talked to a friend in altmar today and the fishing was apparently very good...

I took some pics of the snow pack up in the tug but have no capabilities of posting. If anyones interested in having them posted up just shoot me a pm and i'll email them to you for posting them...

Fish on! !!!!
dimebrite
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/24 11:04:28 (permalink)
Not even noon yet and we're already at the predicted high of the day.... plenty of sun... i wouldnt be surprised if we start seeing the fifties once this warming trend really starts...
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/24 12:30:16 (permalink)
Just looked at the 10 day,low to mid 40's then mid to high 40's.As said before Charlie might be there at prime time for some spring Steel
Looks like maybe I'll get some of that here in Ohio too,will start getting serious this Tues!
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/25 18:14:02 (permalink)
While I will never hold a candle to almost all my elder states men in the fishing dept at least I can talk about the weather, there so much to say.. lol
Seeing it changes so drastic these days, today was grey and a bit raw.. So much I decided to just take the cheap easy route and chuck a beetle spin (yesterdays lure)  under the high bridge.. Not a sniff, snag or soul around.. Freakin cold..
Sorry twobob- fish ain't bitting, shoulda been here yesterday..

Now this weather:
What is going on in your neck of the woods ?
No run off yet hitting my cricks/river.. No snow of any sort from Albany - Kingston, took ride thata way and last friday the Lake george area had about 6" snow ..
Still a bit to flow through the Mohawk I assume (my favorite word) ..
Local trout streams look in good/great shape.. Aside from heavy rains I don't see any blow outs come 4-1.. For me 4-1 always meant UFZ, last year it did not.. Might be feeling frisky again after work on 4-1..
I hear L-13 has a collection of pins he receives on 4-1.. Kick azz , read about the shocking and I think the weather (this topic) is going to at least put many bends in rods and smiles on faces..
Good Luck out there and have a blast with friends .. PS, pic's please :)
Again unlike many true/blue trout guys  fishing for that strain/species dont start until the weather draws me there.. Ponds gotta thaw and bugs gotta hatch, even if a W&W or Rapala f-7 hammers them ;)

So what about the weather, has it got you bummed out suites one just fine ? 
Are the fish bitting on the SR ?

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/25 18:46:03 (permalink)
Been pretty nice relatively  speaking seeing how last 2 years is was in the 70's this time of year.   mid 20's at night and mid 40's day.   I like it like this as stuff melts slowly  and it does not get blown out.   As far as how are the fish biting.  I will let you know that tomorrow as longs as it does not rain

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/25 19:01:11 (permalink)
Long term looks pretty darn placid. I'm glad to see it not spiking into mass run-off.  Best of luck, Clint. Hope you find the magic seam.

Charlie
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/25 20:11:46 (permalink)
Clint thats how I used to like things.. A Slow melt that kept the streams fresh until the summer heat shuts me down in July.. Seems like old times again.. Maybe even a good rush in mid April will draw me up that way as well.. Loved the UFZ when she was running hard and folks hunkered down.. :)
Let me know if I can play with a few in the zone.. That works for me , i'm not proud..

Sorry Charlie,
I owe you a visit..  Which I will.
Just came back from a celebration..
My son will be visiting your area full time in 2 weeks.. Just throw tuna out there if you got a broken tail light..

While my belly is full and warm, it's still chilly out there.. Be warm, be safe & keep those lines tight :)

Peace & Tuna, good night to all..

dimebrite
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/25 20:45:13 (permalink)
It is rather pleasant... old times do come to mind tuna but still even a little behind. Id love to see a gradual melt as well... but trust me guys, there is a ton of snow up in the tug....
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/26 07:34:27 (permalink)
Friend of mine from Henederson called last night, said he went for a ride down to Florence last weekend, and said most of the hill was just average, it was only from Lorraine down to around the Little John that really got dumped on big time in the last storm.  On the other hand you have to remember what "average" means in an area where a house gets built with a door to the outside on each floor.  He says the streams up that way (County Rt 17) all look great, but also frets that if there is any rain, it will take a lot of snow quickly.  But he does not think Thursday's forecast is for enough to bring that on, so maybe it will be slow runoff as it is supposed to get almost to 50 for Easter.  But we're not figuring on being able to get at any brookies until early May with the time it takes for the dirt tracks to firm up.

L13
dimebrite
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/26 08:22:32 (permalink)
Lucky, i went up this past sunday... check my post on the top of page 10 of this thread...i have pics but no cant post them... i can email if anyones interested in posting them up... as your friend told you, plenty of snow and the feeder streams are wide open
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/27 20:24:00 (permalink)
Was a few pretty nice days and it seems this weather is going to hold out for a bit.   Low to mid 40's during the day and high 20's at night.   Nice spring weather in my book.  We keep losing a bit of snow each day and I would have to guess could be gone in the lawns a week or so, especially if the sun comes out for a while.   Will be in the woods for a while yet.   This will be the first time in a while that there will be snow on the ground on opening day.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

dimebrite
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/28 07:15:10 (permalink)
Clint you are the man!!! I may have to elbow my way into the Lfz 1 of these days soon...

Spring has sprung!!!!!
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/28 13:52:39 (permalink)
What a diff a few days makes- Web cam shows no snow.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/28 17:32:39 (permalink)
the good thing, no rain either.. nice slow melt with a little drying sun & wind ;)

fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/28 21:11:47 (permalink)
I'm not bringing my can of Pam! I'll get a thrill just  from fishing with unfrozen guides.   I have a feeling I'll see lots of people this weekend. 
Hope I see a few of you.

Charlie
dimebrite
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/29 07:54:40 (permalink)
Charlie have fun.... i'll probably be seeing ya monday. Last sunday i saw roughly 80 cars from altmar to pineville on the northof bank lots... probabaly gonna be more this weekend... two nights in a row of above freezing nights...
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/29 09:43:38 (permalink)
Fichy and Dime, Good luck, and if I were gong to be up there, I'd be in the UFZ Monday, at least for the first few hours of frenzy.  But if it is crowded on the weekend, I'd do some walking and watching down where there were less cars, and if it is too high or off color to see, at least try tailouts and other places likely to hold gravel.  And watch for nervous water even if it is too off color to see fish, because a 16 lb hen shaking on her side to move gravel puts out a pretty good wave, even in choppy stuff.

L13
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/03/31 23:35:46 (permalink)
Rained pretty good for a few hours, no downpours, but far from a sprinkle. It is not quite so hard now , but a steady light rain.   Good luck to all that go out tomorrow and keep dry.   I fished enough this week to not want to get wet and stand in the wind in the AM before my trip to Rochacha.   Looking good for a after work trip Wed or Thursday though.   I can get in around 2 to 2.5 hours

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/01 07:33:19 (permalink)
Misty, hazy, drizzly and  cool.......    A perfect day to not wake up at  4:00 to NOT get a spot.   If your out got get them and try to deal with  all the inconsiderates with a smile and then do like me come here and bitc$  about it

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/01 07:52:22 (permalink)
Lake effect winter storm advisory thru weds
Going to be a fun next few days :)

dimebrite
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/01 08:07:27 (permalink)
Atleast the natural runoff is making this 285 flow not so devastating... more natural runoff than dam release at this point... with the low flow it could bring the water temp down and slow the bite.
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/01 08:18:45 (permalink)
Bite was slow yesterday and that's what I think happened as the day went on. The lack of sun and the cold run off  (along with the front coming in )  shut them down.
post edited by Clint S - 2013/04/01 08:31:00

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/01 08:22:43 (permalink)
So would that be considered good water management then ? Lol
Hope to see ya later and discuss all this silliness over a couple tall boys .
I'm sure I will be able to help with any low water conditions after a few cold ones.lol

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/01 12:09:54 (permalink)
Big HAIL storm passing through here right now.
Is is 3:00 yet, I'm itchin to fish

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/01 12:38:51 (permalink)
RJ  You will be happy you want to swing the heavy stuff as it is WINDY as hell.   Rain has stopped, but there are a few flurries every now and then and even a peak of sun and blue skies

dimebrite
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/01 13:21:18 (permalink)
hot tuna

So would that be considered good water management then ? Lol
Hope to see ya later and discuss all this silliness over a couple tall boys .
I'm sure I will be able to help with any low water conditions after a few cold ones.lol

Lol... maybe a little rise in water temp will be in store...lol... see ta later
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/02 11:55:54 (permalink)
Holy shart stain.    This weather is BRUTAL.   Snowing so hard last night on the way home  we missed our exit.    This am  it is snowing, cols and windt as hell.   Not a day to be out for me.  I will go Thursday after work when it is 50

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/03 17:59:24 (permalink)
Crazy weather huh ? Blinding snow yesterday in Pulaska .
Brite sunshine but windy here today 180 away..
Gosh I hope the wind quits , sun heats and the Stripers come....

Stay warm & watch out for falling tree limbs if you venture into the Great Outdoors.. So Malinda told me.. lol

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/03 18:20:30 (permalink)
Complete topsey -turvey  left home to windy but uneventful weather and get out to syracuse and it is snowing like crazy.    they got like 8 inches yesterday.   the sun has finally come out , but the wind is still fierce.   supposed to be nice tomorrow so an after work trip to one of the zones is in my future.  

retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
Re:Weather thread 2013/04/06 09:26:36 (permalink)
Water was still very COLD this week with lots of snow up in the woods. -Not much left in Pulaska though..
Just looked at the 10 day and it shows some real warming coming up- especially at night.
 Think the spawn will start  happening around the end of that  time frame with snow leaving and then the water warming  right after.
 Still think it will  be quick since its getting late and IMHO the fish numbers are generally down.
 Hope my schedule allows another trip later in the month.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 199
Jump to: