GUIDES ON THE OAK

Author
flyfisher2
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points: 0
2012/10/30 18:10:28 (permalink)

GUIDES ON THE OAK

My dad and myself fished 18 mile last Monday the 22nd ,needless to say it will be the last time we fish that river. We have been fishing it for the last 9 years and i never experienced such poor sportsmenship. It is just surprising how just a couple of ignorant fishermen can ruin a great day of fishing. We fished the oak the rest of  the  weekand had great success . Except for the guide that had 3 guys trying to learn how to flyfish, and thought that he was entitled to having 40 yards of shoreline all to himself. Needless to say we had words and everything was better ,until when we were getting ready to leave then it seemed that he wanted to be our best friend . Just wanted to see if that has ever happened to anyone else. All in All it was the best year to date for the size and numbers of fish yet. Stay dry and catch lots

Mark

3 Replies Related Threads

Lucky13
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1949
    Re:GUIDES ON THE OAK 2012/11/01 07:28:34 (permalink)
    What happened at 18 Mile?

L13
    flyfisher2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:GUIDES ON THE OAK 2012/11/02 20:16:30 (permalink)
    THAT RIVER USE TO BE FUN TO FISH . THE GUYS THAT FISHED AROUND YOU WERE REAL SPORTSMEN THEY WOULD ENJOY SEEING YOU FIGHT YOUR FISH, BUT THE DAY THAT WE FISHED ,THE THREE A##HOLES FISHING BESIDES US WERE THE WORSE SPORTSMEN THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. THEY WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW LONG IT TOOK SOMEONE TO GET A FISH IN, THEY WERE SNAGGING OTHER GUYS LINES TO SEE WHAT THEY USING. THE ONE GUY TRIED TO BREAK THE ONE KIDS LINE JUST TO SEE WHAT HE WAS USING. PRETTY MUCH 18 MILE IS IN MY MIND A RIVER FOR GUYS THAT ARE THEIR JUST TO RIP OUT THEIR 3 FISH AND BE HAPPY. THE OAK SEEMS TO BE A RIVER OF A MORE SPORTSMEN MINDED RIVER.
                                                                       MARK
    Steel Junkie
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 297
    Re:GUIDES ON THE OAK 2012/11/05 11:10:37 (permalink)
    40 yards of stream for 3 guys fly fishing and a guide sounds perfectly reasonable to me, especially if they were just learning.

Jump to: