Tip for Folks with Bad Eyes and Cold/Hard Water Fishermen

Author
slabdaddy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1780
  • Reward points: 0
2012/10/26 11:56:54 (permalink)

Tip for Folks with Bad Eyes and Cold/Hard Water Fishermen

I've noticed that lately I have some issues with threading my line through the eye of a hook. The colder it gets, the lower the light conditions, or smaller the hook, the harder it gets. So, I had an idea. I went online and bought 5 heavy duty needle threaders. They are the ones with the wire loop on them. You put the wire loop through the eye of the hook (EASY) and then put your line through the loop. Pull the wire out of the eye and it pulls your line with it, threading your hook. I keep one in every tacklebox I have. Buy the sturdy ones because the cheapos that come in sewing kits won't hold up. They are super cheap too. Just thought I'd share. I know there are a lot of "older" guys on here that may have some trouble sometimes and might benefit from it. Some one with a few minutes could take the time and post a pic of one. I can't do it while I'm at work.

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

5 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8500
    Re:Tip for Folks with Bad Eyes and Cold/Hard Water Fishermen 2012/10/26 17:38:32 (permalink)
    I use super duper bi-focals....:)

slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Tip for Folks with Bad Eyes and Cold/Hard Water Fishermen 2012/10/26 18:07:55 (permalink)
    Those little ice jigs can be difficult to thread sometimes. It's just a tip. It works for me. It works really well on braid. It can be diffficult to thread that limp braid through a small eye.
    Catchabigone
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 509
    Re:Tip for Folks with Bad Eyes and Cold/Hard Water Fishermen 2012/10/26 21:40:15 (permalink)
    Is this want you mean slabdaddy

Look to the heavens and thank God everyday that hunting is such a grand part of our lives.
    Ted Nugent

Catchabigone
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 509
    Re:Tip for Folks with Bad Eyes and Cold/Hard Water Fishermen 2012/10/26 22:00:19 (permalink)
    or maybe this one

Look to the heavens and thank God everyday that hunting is such a grand part of our lives.
    Ted Nugent

slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Tip for Folks with Bad Eyes and Cold/Hard Water Fishermen 2012/10/27 07:15:24 (permalink)
    Catchabigone

or maybe this one

Definitely this one! Thanks for posting the picture.

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
    John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath
    Jump to: