Porta potty

Author
dakotab
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 358
  • Reward points: 0
2012/10/21 15:03:45 (permalink)

Porta potty

How do you empty tour porta potty? I just bought this boat and I'm trying to get everything winterized. I noticed that there is some liquid in the toilet and was wondering how to empty it. I know some you just lift out of the boat and empty but mine has a hose connected to it that goes outside the boat. The guy said you pump it out at the marina but I was wondering how you "pump it out" at home. I wasthinking of using my ridgid wet vac but I'm thinking I might not want to deal with that.

3 Replies Related Threads

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    Re:Porta potty 2012/10/22 10:58:48 (permalink)
    Sounds like you have a head with a holding tank, go to a campground and get it pumped out... If it is a porta potty you should be able to dump it... If all else fails, let your wife do it...

Curiosity killed the cat, but for awhile I was a suspect.
    NotherOne
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 184
    Re:Porta potty 2012/10/23 14:20:08 (permalink)
    throw some anti freeze in it after you pump it out
    dakotab
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 358
    Re:Porta potty 2012/10/24 08:04:41 (permalink)
    Thanks guys.  I called the guy and he said he emptied it after his last trip.  I did pour some antifreeze down the hole before I looked in there, that's when I noticed the "liquid".  I didn't realize how quick it would fill up and I didn't think the gallon of antifreeze that I put in it would make it look that full.  Thanks for the tips.  I'll have more before spring, I'm sure.  I notice you are quick to answer most of my questions bulldog1, maybe if you'd like you can jump on and go walleye hunting this spring.  You'll probably be telling me what to do in my own boat.  lol.  One who never listens never learns I say.
    Jump to: