Looking for a fly shop!

Author
spawnboy
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 64
  • Reward points: 0
2012/10/21 05:18:55 (permalink)

Looking for a fly shop!

I am looking for a place to purchase some nice buggers in various colorsand sizes. Is there any place in the area surrounding greensburg that has a nice selection that isnt a chain store such as ie:gander and such as i think their buggers are stiff and poor quality. Any help with this is greatly apperciated, thank you!

8 Replies Related Threads

mohawksyd
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 854
    Re:Looking for a fly shop! 2012/10/21 09:56:36 (permalink)
    http://www.fishusa.com/FlyFishing-Flies-StreamersandMuddlers_c.html

Always a big fan pf promoting the site sponsor when I can.

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

Youghman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 310
    Re:Looking for a fly shop! 2012/10/21 10:03:30 (permalink)
    The Anglers Room on 217 headed into Derry.
    Take 30 E, make a left at the bridge dam on Loyalhanna. It's about 1/2 mile up on the left side. It's in a house w/ a small sign.
    His name is Rich, phone 724-537-0683. Call to see if he's in and got what you need.
     He's a good dude. Ask him to show you how to tie one and you'll see how easy it is.
    Then you'll be buying a vise, materials and all the other goodies and you'll be a crazy fly-tier like the rest of us.
    adaa
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Looking for a fly shop! 2012/11/01 02:00:12 (permalink)
    Hello!Thanks for the thread that i just want to ask the same question.I'm looking for some buggers,too.

Few things are impossible in themselves; and it is often for want of will, rather than of means, that man fails to succeed.Electronic Scale
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    Re:Looking for a fly shop! 2012/11/01 07:53:31 (permalink)
    Youghman

The Anglers Room on 217 headed into Derry.
    Take 30 E, make a left at the bridge dam on Loyalhanna. It's about 1/2 mile up on the left side. It's in a house w/ a small sign.
    His name is Rich, phone 724-537-0683. Call to see if he's in and got what you need.
    He's a good dude. Ask him to show you how to tie one and you'll see how easy it is.
    Then you'll be buying a vise, materials and all the other goodies and you'll be a crazy fly-tier like the rest of us.

+1 to every letter of this post.

Rich is a super super good dUUd.  I was a weekly visitor when I was starting to tie.  Now that I have a pretty good inventory of crap laying around, I still try to get in there every month or two.

If youve never been there, finding his place will be the tough part.  Look for the small sign on post & rail fence out front.  White house.
    tubefly
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Looking for a fly shop! 2012/11/02 07:41:19 (permalink)
    youghman and I agree. I was fishing the Loyahanna and tripped broke my tippy top off of my Orvis Zero Gravity. I visited his shop, wich is an Orvis shop, and explained my situation to Rich. He sent my rod back to be repaired and let me use his rod for the next few days. I have fished many countries and many places but this level of customer service is unmatched. Orvis makes a rubberlegged bugger that I've caught Red Fish,Bass small and large,Catfish,Trout, and of course Crome on. Give em a try the quality matches the price.
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    Re:Looking for a fly shop! 2012/11/02 07:47:22 (permalink)
    tubefly

youghman and I agree. I was fishing the Loyahanna and tripped broke my tippy top off of my Orvis Zero Gravity. I visited his shop, wich is an Orvis shop, and explained my situation to Rich. He sent my rod back to be repaired and let me use his rod for the next few days. I have fished many countries and many places but this level of customer service is unmatched. Orvis makes a rubberlegged bugger that I've caught Red Fish,Bass small and large,Catfish,Trout, and of course Crome on. Give em a try the quality matches the price.

You are completely incorrect.  The Anglers Room is NOT an Orvis shop.  That place is in Ligonier.
    schmoe
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re:Looking for a fly shop! 2012/11/07 22:44:30 (permalink)
    I don't know the anglers room, but fly shops seem to be hidden all over the place. I have my favorites, but I really don't want to list them on a message board sponsored by a fly shop.  
    chuckell
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re:Looking for a fly shop! 2012/12/02 17:03:52 (permalink)
    hello, it is so easy to tie this fly you will be amazed. go to youtube and type in how to tie a wolly bugger and you will get many clips of how to do it step by step, very easy,have fun,good luck,
    Jump to: