SOILED UNDERWEAR..........

Author
BIG WAGS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 334
  • Reward points: 0
2012/10/17 21:58:54 (permalink)

SOILED UNDERWEAR..........

Okay, Monday was my first day to hit the woods. Got into my ladder stand @ 6am. At first light had a buddy of mine sitting 30 yards out and 15 feet higher. OH my buddy is a 8" gobbler who's been hanging out for the past year or so. He and his girl friend flew down at 7:15 and headed away from me. Had something snort and run off around 7:30. Never saw it. Hung out till 9am that's it........
    Tuesday headed to the ladder at 6. Climbed the stand and knelt down on the deck. Hung my Tenpoint TL4 on the branch to my left. Unclipped my fanny pack and hung it from the side of the seat. I stood up and pulled my lanyard from my pocket and the small branch by my ear moved, 1/4 thick and 12 leaves on it . HMM did I hit it with with my shoulder? Okay I must have. Grabbed the lanyard and leaned against the tree. The tree is bigger than my reach, but with the large hook I can finger tip grab it as I hug the tree. So, I put my hands around the tree and all hell breaks loose. I did not know the Navy parked F14 jets in this oak tree. LESS than 10 feet from my hands this 250 lb.turkey launches from an aircraft catapult. THANK the good Lord I was hugging the tree because my thought was to jump off the stand. It, HE bounces off another branch and is GONE.
How did I know it was a he. His girlfriend stayed to first light and flew down from 30 yards out.
Funny thing was I was wondering if anyone found a bird roosted on their ladder going in in the morning?
As for the soiled undies......NOPE
BUTT  had the tightest pucker EVER....nothing could come out.

Question: How many of you bleat or rattle in the dark before light?

3 Replies Related Threads

Catchabigone
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 509
    Re:SOILED UNDERWEAR.......... 2012/10/18 07:26:24 (permalink)
    Big Wags
    I've been cleaning a pile out of my shorts and been 10 yrs older
    Never had a bird roost on my ladders and I've never called until after first light

Look to the heavens and thank God everyday that hunting is such a grand part of our lives.
    Ted Nugent

rollcaster
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1091
    Re:SOILED UNDERWEAR.......... 2012/10/19 07:49:41 (permalink)
    Thats a big turkey.
    SmMouthSeeker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 541
    Re:SOILED UNDERWEAR.......... 2012/10/23 17:35:06 (permalink)
    I put a turkey to bed once and I marked where he was. The next morning when I went in, I sat down in front of the same tree and waited until sunrise. About the time when I was going to start calling, the bird was perched in the tree above me and when he flew down, it almost landed on my lap. I thought the tree was coming down. I made the mistake of using a hen call when I put it to bed because it wouldn't answer to nothing else. So it pin pointed me and it went searching for her the night before.

As far as rattling & bleating in the dark, No. Hunting doesn't start until legal hunting hours. By then, there's enough day light to see to shoot. I only rattled the last 2 weeks of the season, but I call all the time, but only to a limit. You don't want to over do it.
    Jump to: