Saturday Float Fishing 12/29 and Okuma Aventa

Author
Metal_Mad
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points: 0
2007/12/29 17:17:05 (permalink)

Saturday Float Fishing 12/29 and Okuma Aventa

Fished the upper river today with a new Okuma Aventa VT1002 and 15 Ft Rod.  Although my spot wasn't as productive for me as I hoped, I was 1 for 2, in 5 hours of fishing.  I landed a small, but pretty rainbow on white egg sacks, and lost a decent steelie at the net, when he made a hard charge at the end and broke the leader at the hook.  Several guys bottom bouncing near me outfished me today.  I thought this flow would push the fish to the tail of the hole I was fishing, but the fish were found almost everywhere but there.

The Okuma Aventa performed beyond expectations and although it doesn't spin as long (spinning in the house with a stopwatch) as compared to my Raven Eclipse,  I would recommend this reel.  I'm not sure of their longevity, but was impressed with it today.  The 15' rod also allowed me to reach some area's I probably wouldn't have in this higher water.

I'll try adding a picture, hope this works...if it doesn't, if someone would give me pointers for posting pictures.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

1 Reply Related Threads

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Saturday Float Fishing 12/29 and Okuma Aventa 2007/12/29 21:37:20 (permalink)
    I just use a direct link from my photo bucket. Hope that helps.
    15 footer? Long stick.
    Thanks for the report. I was hunting, but would rather have been there.

Lyrical
    Jump to: