Yall Ready?

Author
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2131
  • Reward points: 0
2012/09/28 09:01:39 (permalink)

Yall Ready?

Got your scent elimanation system in place? Did you put new broadheads on your arrows/bolts? Did you practice shooting your weapon? Do you have a good enter and exit strategy in and out of your stand? Did you pick-up a bag of butterscotch candies? ( only thing I can put in my face that the smell doesnt bother the deer ). Please add to the list incase I forgot something.

BH

8 Replies Related Threads

eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4011
    Re:Yall Ready? 2012/09/28 11:37:22 (permalink)
    Slow start for me this year.  Of course, work is just now getting REAL busy not to mention all the other things I need to get done around my house and my mom's house.  

Been shooting the bow occasionally and got all the clothes washed up (though they may need to hit the dryer since they have been hanging outside).  They were partially protected from the rain to the overhang on my house but they may need a trip to the dryer with a dirt scented dryer sheet before I use them.

I still need to go over my climber and make sure everything is kosher with it.  Looks like I'll be easing into this season.  

On a bright note, looks like I got permission to hunt on two new properties this year (one in Jefferson Hills and one in Elizabeth) so I have a couple more evening places to hit on my way home from work.  Now, I need to make it out on a Sunday to do a little low impact scouting to check them out.

Don't forget to go over your bow to make sure all the allen screws are tight still.  My STS seems to loosen up on me too after a couple rounds of shooting.  Don't forget to go over your safety harness and get it untangled so its ready to go.  I use a Seat of the Pants and after I wash it, it is a tangled mess, sometimes.  Last year, I just threw it in my bin and spent several mins. the first AM untangling it.  
    Make sure you have your bow haul rope on you.  And if you film or take pics, charge the batteries and clear your memory cards so you have space on your gadgets.  
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    Re:Yall Ready? 2012/09/28 14:57:01 (permalink)
    Been ready,  but still preping some stand sites in case I need them for the rut. This is only the second time in 12 years I have seen enough deer and enough good bucks in my hunting areas to get a bit excited.  Seeing bucks is a long way from standing over them but at least I know there some good ones around. Hardly any apples but I found a few and not a lot of acorns but enough to make things interesting. Found my first deer made scrape a couple days ago. Bring it on.
    Goodsy
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re:Yall Ready? 2012/09/28 16:25:05 (permalink)
    S-10, agree with the # of deer this year and # of good buck.  I believe we are in the same general area, so may end up being a good year our way.  Looking forward to Halloween!
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    Re:Yall Ready? 2012/09/28 17:37:21 (permalink)
    Best of luck to all you stick flingers!!!

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Esox_Hunter
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2393
    Re:Yall Ready? 2012/09/28 17:45:15 (permalink)
    I just got my bow out of the case tonight, but I am sure it is still ok from last year.  Do you think the rusty broadheads I found in my shed will still get the job done  

I haven't been seeing many good bucks this year compared to the last few years.  I am hoping its more of a camera placement issue rather than the bucks just not being there. 

The acorn crop appears to be outstanding so far and I will be somewhere in the white oaks tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
    Catchabigone
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 509
    Re:Yall Ready? 2012/09/28 18:16:48 (permalink)
    BloodyHand

Got your scent elimanation system in place? Did you put new broadheads on your arrows/bolts? Did you practice shooting your weapon? Do you have a good enter and exit strategy in and out of your stand? Did you pick-up a bag of butterscotch candies? ( only thing I can put in my face that the smell doesnt bother the deer ). Please add to the list incase I forgot something.

BH

Check......Check......and Check. and Don't forget to use a harness nothing will mess up your day like that sudden stop at the end of a fall!!!
    Everyone have fun see lots of deer especially that trophy buck and be safe.

Look to the heavens and thank God everyday that hunting is such a grand part of our lives.
    Ted Nugent

BIGHEAD
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 670
    Re:Yall Ready? 2012/09/28 18:38:42 (permalink)
    ready a couple days early as the norm for me.  There are Scrapes and rubs all over 1A and 2D That I find a little strange for this time of year. A few here and there but they are everywhere this year .Now of coarse the bucks are big and fat as usual.  have tags in hand for a couple BIG FAT Does too.  Goodluck and shoot striaght  Dave

KEEP"EM SCREAM"EM DAVE  ONLY CHILDERN and WOMAN use ALWIVES FOR STRIPER BAIT
    mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re:Yall Ready? 2012/09/28 20:42:34 (permalink)
    Yepper all ready, bows loaded in car, drippers hanging have seen a few nice bucks in 2D also, 3 stands up and waiting,clothes have been hanging outside under carport with scent away on them....Really excited for this year, as I had a stroke last Sept. and missed the whole bow season....I'm pumped, been shooting bow for last month.....Good Luck to all....ENJOY !!!
    post edited by mopars0 - 2012/09/28 20:43:52

STEVE.
    Jump to: