Waterfowl Classic Cabelas

Author
Eman89so
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1806
  • Reward points: 0
2012/08/07 18:37:45 (permalink)

Waterfowl Classic Cabelas

My buddy was telling me that the event starts August 16-22 and I tried looking it up online couldnt find anything for the WV Cabela's. Does anyone attend this? I hear alot of big name guys will be there doing seminars..

4 Replies Related Threads

blaze16412
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 245
    Re:Waterfowl Classic Cabelas 2012/08/18 21:12:14 (permalink)
    I was there today I didn't attend the seminars, but trying to find gear to buy the up coming waterfowl season was hard to come by. They are out of alot of stock and bargin cave was picked through pretty good. If you go and want bigger items such as calls, decoys, blinds or waders call and make sure they have them on stock.

I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    Re:Waterfowl Classic Cabelas 2012/08/21 23:15:55 (permalink)
    I was there last fall/winter and was really disappointed with their lack of stock in waterfowl gear, considering the time of year.
    krott243
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 954
    Re:Waterfowl Classic Cabelas 2012/08/23 03:35:53 (permalink)
    They generally have everything on there website in their warehouse which is usually located within a few miles of there stores. Just ask someone to check if there warehouse has it in and they will send a vehicle over to get it. I did this last year with some awesome priced sale items that were not in store.

The Lord has blessed us all today... It's just that he has been particularly good to me.
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    Re:Waterfowl Classic Cabelas 2012/08/23 07:45:07 (permalink)
    krott243

They generally have everything on there website in their warehouse which is usually located within a few miles of there stores. Just ask someone to check if there warehouse has it in and they will send a vehicle over to get it. I did this last year with some awesome priced sale items that were not in store.

Good point, and this usually is the case too.  (I did want to buy some fishing gear a while back that they didn't have in the warehouse either, though they did offer to ship it to me free if/when they got it in.)  I don't really like the setup though, for a few reasons: 1) I like being able to browse through the various items, 2) I don't want to have to wait for them to bring me a specific item, 3) once they do, even though it shouldn't strictly be the case, subconsciously, there's going to be somewhat of a slight obligation to buy.  Not that you will 100% of the time, but after they've gone to the trouble of doing that for you, unless there's some specific deal breaker, many people are more likely to buy based on the simple fact that somebody had to make a special trip just to bring them that product.
    Jump to: