Fishing at lake Ontaunee

Author
longshot3961
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points: 0
2012/04/11 22:42:17 (permalink)

Fishing at lake Ontaunee

If anybody fished that lake what do you use for bait and have you hooked any monsters put of the lake because I asume there has to be huge fish in there because there no way to get a boat out there any ideas for bait a rig or two to get out there deep and where I can slightly bring up my chances at hooking into a sizable fish and also a good spot to go?? If you could help me with any of these Q? Thanks you.

fishings my life!!!! nothing better then having a greta day on the lake

2 Replies Related Threads

Electricman56
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 20
    RE: Fishing at lake Ontaunee 2012/04/11 23:31:02 (permalink)
    I've fished it a couple of times, ice fishing... you can get out on it then! (in some areas) Of Course ice fishing is different than what you are thinking of. The lake has a lot of crappie but they run on the small size, a small minnow or jig & minnow would work well. Ice fisherman come on near Peter's Creek off of Maidedcreek Rd. on the southeast side of the lake. There are several sopts around the lake that are very approachable from the shore, but I've never fished it without ice.

Good Luck!

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing
    longshot3961
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Fishing at lake Ontaunee 2012/04/23 22:08:45 (permalink)
    thanks i went there and ended up leaving and going to a state park in Hometown theressome really nice fishing up there hooked into some big fish but broke me off

fishings my life!!!! nothing better then having a greta day on the lake
    Jump to: