Split tail jig covers

Author
dustydoo
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 118
  • Reward points: 0
2012/02/21 07:28:20 (permalink)

Split tail jig covers

Does any body use split tail jigs ? the ones I'm looking for are similar to the trout magnet,only a touch shorter and maybe a touch thicker. Used to find them everywhere now I can't seem to find them anywhere!!!!!

1 Reply Related Threads

HaveJeepCanGo
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Split tail jig covers 2012/02/21 22:27:48 (permalink)
    I'm having trouble finding one particular color tail... and didn't want to have to pay shipping. I had one chartreuse/orange tail left from a pack I bought YEARS ago, and on a few outings this winter it was the only thing that produced for me. I stopped at bait shops, dept. stores, and sport stores and nobody seems to carry them. I found them online, so I figure I'll spend the $ on shipping rather than gas just looking for that one style. I used it on a glow-head Genz bug and crushed crappie, gills, bass, and pike in daylight and at night. That last little tail looks like it's been through he!! and back.

I'll be using more and more types of plastics for crappie and perch over the next several weeks. Seems nothing beats a split tail grub when they're turned on, but I have picked up a number of small tubes to try as well. Now all I need is for this dang south wind to switch back to a west wind and I can put my slip-bobbers and grub tails into action again.
    Jump to: