fishing with murphy

Author
chosenfrozen1
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Reward points: 0
2012/02/05 10:22:26 (permalink)

fishing with murphy

not sure if this fits anyplace on the forums and may give a laugh and light reading before the giants win today.it's official cabin fever!i know i'm in the presence of great fisherman on this site but over time everyone has one of those days if you don't your lying either about not having one or amount of time spent fishing.mine was fishing the sr four days streight without a tap.the next morning was the same.i started walking just to see areas i have not fished before.i see a fishy looking run not another person in site.so down the bank i go,lean my net against a tree, wade in behind a fallen tree.first cast smash picture perfect set and fish on!thats when murphy showed up to join me.i turn to see my net 25yrds.away i think to myself great a big fish on first one in almost a week don't want to loose it and no net.now it gets intresting while looking at the net i hear a loud snap not like a stick something you may have heard before but can't put your finger on.as i turn my attention back to the fish i figure out the sound was that of a rod snapping 3ft. below the tip.now with rod butt between my legs,fighting the fish with 3ft. of rod tip in my right hand,and net leaning against tree i say to myself how could this get worse?murphy laughs as the fish swings down stream to the bank and tangles in the branches from the tree i was standing behind.murphy says my work is done and walks away.i give up wade down to the tangle unwrap the mess with the rod tip and couldn't believe the fish was still on!as i beach the fish it turns out to be all of 16 inches.i look up the bank there is murphy laughing he says i was just kidding about being done and have a nice day.

a jerk on one end of a line waiting for a jerk on the other!

2 Replies Related Threads

chosenfrozen1
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 99
    RE: fishing with murphy 2012/02/06 13:00:40 (permalink)
    is it just me?

a jerk on one end of a line waiting for a jerk on the other!
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: fishing with murphy 2012/02/27 22:37:46 (permalink)
    Nothin can humble a grown man more than a good fishin day. It is after all ' just fishin' so its good to hear somebody admit to 'one of those' days. lol  - hope it was a cheap rod.
    Jump to: