Snowy Hunt Still water hunting

Author
blaze16412
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 245
  • Reward points: 0
2012/01/29 19:13:26 (permalink)

Snowy Hunt Still water hunting

Saturday morning started off early at 2:40 am drove to field that we had found the day before with it being flooded birds were every where there friday. Since the creeks were up the birds roosted there we decided to bump them off around 5 to hope they would come back. Not one flock did it right nothing would finish and our shots were far. Still happy we dropped 11 on the day saw about 150. Really cool hearing the birds coming but cant seem em till there on top of you because of the snow.  

I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

2 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8500
    RE: Snowy Hunt Still water hunting 2012/01/30 08:13:19 (permalink)
    Nice! I went out the last day here and decided to hit the river where it meets the lake.
    It was a little walk and when I got there I saw a flock sitting along the mud flat along the river.
    Didn,t have my waders on but a good pair of lacross so started to go after them.
    Halfway there I,m over my ankles in mud when I see a pair of neoprene boots sticking up.
    I tried to pull them out but noway. The guy that got stuck there had a long walk without boots back to his vehicle
    threw the woods. My dog saw the geese and took off after them leaving me without a shot. There was no place to hide when about 200 came in shortly afterwards and flared away before being in range. So ended my year here.

krott243
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 954
    RE: Snowy Hunt Still water hunting 2012/02/08 23:19:43 (permalink)
    Good lookin hunt!

The Lord has blessed us all today... It's just that he has been particularly good to me.
    Jump to: