New location for Fly Fishing Show

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Chuck Furimsky
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points: 0
RE: New location for Fly Fishing Show 2011/12/28 19:36:24 (permalink)
If you review the forum comments you will see I said, "Respect your elders" and you read into thinking I was downgrading young people. I'm guessing you aren't aware that the person who was disrespectful could have been 75 and not 25. Lefty is 86 and doesn't deserve told to eat, well I won't repeat the crude comment that was actually edited off the site so you may not have read it. Your thought only a young person shows no respect, I never said that. 
As for selecting new show locations there are many reasons. Dates have to be open at the convention center, cost of the center has to be fair, parking, hotel fees, union demands or not, populations of fly fishers, and many other variables. The populations in area of Lancaster, especially the fly fishers that will attend the show, make it a good choice. I don't expect it to be as large as Somerset, never did, but it will be well received by many happy attendees. The number of booths already contracted will provide plenty to see. We post each show's list of speakers and exhibitors as time approaches closer to the show's opening date.  Someone said they never spoke to anyone who though Lancaster was a good show location. Well I've spoken to many who are looking forward to the show, that's probably why our show is filling quickly with vendors. I'm working hard for them and they have faith in my show decisions. It makes sense because they have attended many shows in their experience. But if you have never been to a show you can still comment, it might not be as meaningful as someone with experience. My final comment is Somerset will be a great show this 20'th year. Lancaster will be a very good show this first year. Gary Borger once told me that every show has it's own feel. He is right. It's good to have choices. I think that's why I fish streams, rivers, lakes, farm ponds, flats and oceans, and that may be why I enjoy a variety of shows.

ray126
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 238
RE: New location for Fly Fishing Show 2011/12/28 23:03:36 (permalink)
Wow,Not even the new year yet and people are already rammy.I am new to this fly thing and the shows are a good learning experience for me.I met Lefty at the show and he gave me some tips,for me ,an honor.I also met Chuck,seemed like a regular guy.Seems ok by me for him to be making money.I don't know,if you don't like the location,don't go.For me,see you at the show
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: New location for Fly Fishing Show 2011/12/29 07:48:10 (permalink)
As for selecting new show locations there are many reasons. Dates have to be open at the convention center, cost of the center has to be fair, parking, hotel fees, union demands or not, populations of fly fishers, and many other variables.

Funny how all of these are major concerns for holding a show...but for potential attendees, it's just "drive to Somerset, then go to Lancaster too" because you might see 20-40% new stuff at Lancaster.

Lefty should stick with his SRC/HWC buddies.

Helps keep out the Riff Raff...

This.

Better off to just have the Somerset show, even if only to keep Lefty out of PA as much as possible.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: