Got very wet but it was very worth it!!

Author
Noplacelikehome
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 774
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/22 18:03:21 (permalink)

Got very wet but it was very worth it!!

Fished the Susky from 1:30 til 4:30. Caught 19 smallies. Biggest one was a very fat 19 incher. Silver slash bait out fished jigs big time. Bass were very aggressive. Only 2 boats out. As always pics upon request! River will be blown out tomorrow. Good thing I will be heading to Erie thurs. morning!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

3 Replies Related Threads

Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Got very wet but it was very worth it!! 2011/11/22 18:45:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Noplacelikehome

Fished the Susky from 1:30 til 4:30. Caught 19 smallies. Biggest one was a very fat 19 incher. Silver slash bait out fished jigs big time. Bass were very aggressive. Only 2 boats out. As always pics upon request! River will be blown out tomorrow. Good thing I will be heading to Erie thurs. morning!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

You are a fishing machine ! Happy Thanksgiving also.
    Accountant
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 528
    RE: Got very wet but it was very worth it!! 2011/11/22 22:56:23 (permalink)
    Noplace,

without giving up your top secret strategeries, can you describe what kind of fisherman, in general, that you are? Just by reading your posts, you seem like a live bait guy, and a guy that knows which spots work.
    Noplacelikehome
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 774
    RE: Got very wet but it was very worth it!! 2011/11/23 07:13:03 (permalink)
    Accountant, When I go fishing I go to catch fish, plain and simple. I use whatever fish are biting on. Live bait, lures, flies, makes no difference to me as long as its legal I use it. If your not catching fish you need to move or try something different. I always try and help others, but there is also a limit. I will not spoon feed. You put in the time like I did, you will catch fish. Sometimes I cannot help you. If you are using a surf rod with 20lb test and a size 2 hook and a whole nightcrawler(seen this a few times), for 8 inch stockies or steelhead. There's nothing I can do for you. I cannot tolerate laziness. The spot I fish on the river is a 20 minute walk in chest wadders. Very few people would do this. I say efffort= reward. River fishing is very different than lake fishing. I have fished Lake Erie for 35 years. It spoils you because it has both numbers and many big fish. I started fishing the Susquehanna River in 1998. It does have some big fish but nothing compared to Erie(only exception would be muskies and carp). Numbers wise it is very rare to catch 50 fish in a day. The quickest way to learn how to catch fish anywhere is to listen and watch the locals. They know what they are doing because some of them fish almost everyday! 9 times out of 10 if the locals are not fishing, its not worth your time. Any questions pm me. I will tell you anything about fishing except specfic spots. The internet has ruined many!! Good luck.
    Jump to: