I'm Thankful

Author
fishinpreacher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/18 10:53:09 (permalink)

I'm Thankful

With Thanksgiving coming up next Thursday and because I'm a pastor who is going to be preaching about having a thankful heart this Sunday, I have been thinking about some of the blessings in my life that I'm thankful for, and I thought I might take a minute and share a few of them with you folks who will understand where I'm coming from.

I'm thankful for the beautiful and complex creation that we have been given that I get to enjoy every time I stand beside a stream. Whether or not I actually catch fish, just the sound of the water, the feel of the air, and the act of fishing are enough.

I’m thankful for the men in my life who have taken the time to teach and to share the sport of fishing (especially fly-fishing) with me- my dad, my uncles, and my grandfather. I have been truly blessed to have these guys in my life.

I’m thankful that I have two awesome little boys that I’m going to get to spend days beside the stream with and that I’m going to get to pass on the love of this sport to.

I’m thankful for the friends that I get to enjoy hunting and fishing with, there is just something special about time spent together in the outdoors.

And this really isn’t a lame attempt at a plug… but this morning I’m especially grateful to my friend Tony Marasco, owner of the Fly Tyers Vice in Pittsburgh yesterday out of the kindness of his heart he gave me two identical rod blanks, reel seats, and handles, so that I can build my sons their very first fly rods. It will be several years before they are big enough to use them, but I’m looking forward to watching them learn to fly fish with rods that I built for them myself!

Well I could go on and on, but I don’t want to pontificate here, just wanted to share some of the blessings that I’m thankful for…

Thank you Lord! And thanks or reading.
Tight lines, and God bless

3 Replies Related Threads

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: I'm Thankful 2011/11/18 22:30:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: coldfront

i'm thankful for posts like yours, preacher. in this muddled-world, it is posts like yours that help put what is right in the forefront. i pray that you and your little guys experience a lifetime of fishing and closeness. thank you for sharing such important thoughts with us.

+1
    LOVETOSHOOT
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 191
    RE: I'm Thankful 2011/11/19 09:43:22 (permalink)
    I have been challenged to live up to this statement that has been shared between several Pastoral friends.

"Imagine if you had to live today with only the people and things you thanked God for yesterday!"

Thank God for the breath of life given to enjoy HIS presense in HIS creation!!!

Great Post Preacher
    !!!
    post edited by LOVETOSHOOT - 2011/11/19 09:44:33
    ray126
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 238
    RE: I'm Thankful 2011/11/19 10:04:46 (permalink)
    Now that is a challenge i hope to live up to.Thank you,Ray
    Jump to: