Note

Author
SevenMileShowcase
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 542
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/04 13:54:15 (permalink)

Note

Well I got to my treestand yesterday, and there is a note it reads "please remove tree stand asap. You do not have permission to be on this property. You have 1 week from today Nov 3rd or tree stand will be removed. Game commission and a twp police have been notified. Any questions call manager."

Now I am 99% sure I'm on the right property and figure it's the guy I ran into last week.
What do you guys think? It's written on a a piece of notebook paper.

I now remember why I quit hunting in Butler county.
Outdoor Adventures I know you will have some advice
post edited by SevenMileShowcase - 2011/11/04 13:55:10

East side love is living on the west end

20 Replies Related Threads

RhnstnCowboy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2583
    RE: Note 2011/11/04 14:08:23 (permalink)
    Are you bigger and stronger than this guy?

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
    - T. Fleming
    fishin coyote
    • Total Posts : 1664
    RE: Note 2011/11/04 14:49:00 (permalink)
    Take the bull by the horns
    Call the manager,the local PD or PGC don't look for suggestions on an internet forum.
    Mike

Nothing is Free!!
    Reward equals Effort

griffon
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: Note 2011/11/04 15:33:19 (permalink)
    Google Maps has property lines for every property in Butler County and they are quite accurate. I would suggest that if you are close to the border, get your stand out as it is likely about to be removed for you. If you are not sure, talk with the landowners you believe you are on and also talk with the neighboring landowner whose property you are being questioned on. You should be able to get resolution pretty quickly. Good Luck
    SevenMileShowcase
    Expert Angler
    RE: Note 2011/11/04 18:32:07 (permalink)
    Ya I'll be moving it Sunday, it's definatley on the right property, I checked. Just don't feel like dealing with a guy that's using a crossbow and I put a note on his little out post

Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4417
    RE: Note 2011/11/04 21:51:57 (permalink)
    What did the landowner of the property you are allowed to hunt on say when you showed him the note ????

Or don't you know who to show the note to ???
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/11/04 21:52:44
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3098
    RE: Note 2011/11/04 23:05:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: griffon

Google Maps has property lines for every property in Butler County and they are quite accurate. I would suggest that if you are close to the border, get your stand out as it is likely about to be removed for you. If you are not sure, talk with the landowners you believe you are on and also talk with the neighboring landowner whose property you are being questioned on. You should be able to get resolution pretty quickly. Good Luck

Those would be Tax Assessment maps pulled from a CAMA System, not legally binding so dont present those as evidence
    SevenMileShowcase
    Expert Angler
    RE: Note 2011/11/05 01:19:30 (permalink)
    Doc, I showed him and took him to the stand now the problem is I guess wish I would have no this before hand is that when he bought the property 20 years ago, he tore down all posted signs and hung public hunting allowed. But now he's not sure why it is so Sunday he's a having a surveyor come out and get it marked and he's also contacted the only other landowner and he didn't write it so? We don't know but he's against hunting this is a big mess. The guys like no but I better not find one. I mean it's just sickening to see people in this state of mind Im taking it down and taking it to camp, when ya see people up there in the woods they want to talk and make friends not go malicious and accusicious. You know this whole year just makes me want to give up with the bow.

SevenMileShowcase
    Expert Angler
    RE: Note 2011/11/05 01:20:51 (permalink)
    Psu thanks for the tip

BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2124
    RE: Note 2011/11/05 08:45:12 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SevenMileShowcase

Ya I'll be moving it Sunday, it's definatley on the right property, I checked. Just don't feel like dealing with a guy that's using a crossbow and I put a note on his little out post

I'd burn that down!
    After I removed my stand of course

Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4417
    RE: Note 2011/11/05 20:59:18 (permalink)
    seven..

That's so not right.. but there are all kinds out there...

I get hammered everytime I mention that there is a high percentage of slobs that call themselves Pa hunters and deer hunting brings out the worst of them...
    rollcaster
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1091
    RE: Note 2011/11/06 10:48:32 (permalink)
    Ya. Sounds like there is more to the story thats not being told... just sayin.
    SevenMileShowcase
    Expert Angler
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 09:33:15 (permalink)
    Nope it's all there, just another dumbazz who thinks they are on the right property, and instead of letting a kid hunt they gotta ****hh.
    Doc, you nailed it. I have met a lot of folks on the water and never ran into one I didn't enjoy a conversation with.
    In the woods, down here it's completely opposite

retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 10:04:42 (permalink)
       Lost a stand once to 'somebody'. Week or so later a guy walks up to me in the woods and tells me I'm on his pvt property permit- I pulled out the map and showed him where the lines were and then told HIM to move HIS stands off MY areas. I had been polite enough to leave them prior to his pompus misinformed rant.
      Carry the map and know your lines- aint no 99% gonna work. Your stand may still be 'stolen' by unknown idiots anyhow after this even if your correct.
    Always just moved off to another spot when this kinda poop started - not worth goin  in the morning to a bare tree. We hunt for fun but gotta live with dopes .  
    Then again --that 1%.Too many landowners are really not sure of exactly where their lines are out in the woods and give a general 'by the top of that ridge over there' description. Can get touchy when ya meet up with somebody who might be better informed or who has actually seen a survey by another landowner. Those surveys are costly and most dont do it for that reason and continue to use the 'over there' theory.
      Kinda shared a nice little knoll with another guy for years- Both his and my 'owners' claimed to own it. When one of us was there the other simply moved elsewhere out of courtesy. Turned out years later that NEITHER landowner owned that spot even though they both swore it was theirs- Now its a darned Office complex..
    post edited by retired guy - 2011/11/07 10:13:50
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4891
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 11:24:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

seven..

That's so not right.. but there are all kinds out there...

I get hammered everytime I mention that there is a high percentage of slobs that call themselves Pa hunters and deer hunting brings out the worst of them...

Getting out the hammer again, unfortunately.

Please define "high percentage."

In normal conversations, high percentage is not only seen as a majority, but a significant one. 

Since Doc seems to be math challenged at best, here are some percentages of license holders in PA based on 800,000 license sold (the actual figure may be higher or lower depending on what licenses are considered, but this is close enough of a ball park and a nice orund number).

Is a "high percentage" 75%?  If so, that would mean that 600,000 are slobs.  Do you believe that?

Is a "high percentage" 51% (which is a majority)?  If so, that would mean that 408,000 are slobs.  Do you believe that?

Is a "high percentage 25% (less than half of what constitutes a majority)?  If so, that would mean that 200,000 are slobs.  Do you believe that?

Is a "high percentage" 10%?  If so, that would mean that 80,000 are slobs.  Do you believe that?

Is a high percentage" 5%?  If so, that would mean that 40,000 are slobs.  Do you believe that?

Is a "high percentage" 1%?  If so, that would mean 8,000 are slobs.  Do you believe that?

In other words, to get below more than 100,000 people being slobs, slightly over 12% need to be designated as slobs.  That would translate into the 30 (again, round number, not actual, so don't say 27 or 33) at your sportsmans club, 3.6 of them are slobs.  so we know that three are definately slobs and one has a pretty good chance of being a slob.  Is that the case?

That sort of sounds like the old cliche "All fisherman are liers except you and I."  OF course, the second part of which is, "And I'm not to sure about you."

You and RSB blast anyone that is not in lock step with the PGC as being negative and having a bad attitude.  What exactly do you call, at the minimum, one of every 10 or so hunters (if sticking around 100,000) being designated asslobs is?  Positive?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 14:00:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SevenMileShowcase

Well I got to my treestand yesterday, and there is a note it reads "please remove tree stand asap. You do not have permission to be on this property. You have 1 week from today Nov 3rd or tree stand will be removed. Game commission and a twp police have been notified. Any questions call manager."

Now I am 99% sure I'm on the right property and figure it's the guy I ran into last week.
    What do you guys think? It's written on a a piece of notebook paper.

I now remember why I quit hunting in Butler county.
    Outdoor Adventures I know you will have some advice

First remove your stand.Second go and see who filed the complaint with the local twp police. If no complaint was filed and you have permission, return with someone and see if you can locate any one on the property. Get a positive ID and ask if they have permission to be there. Once you find the trespasser you can contact local L/E and the L/O and resolve your problem. How is this person getting on the property to hunt? By foot or vehicle ? Be sure to cover all angles and make notes of license numbers etc. And last if you plan on catching someone don't post it on the internet. Good Luck
    akitadog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 977
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 17:53:43 (permalink)
    i have 86 acres posted for a guy. its writen on paper that i take care of the property and let who i want to hunt. i found a climber hooked to the bottom of a tree rite close to where i hunt. i took the stand and left a note on the tree that stated. your stand is on posted private property. you do not have permision to be here or hunt here, you can have your stand back but you are trespassing. and left my phone number. i think that was a good way to go about it. i took the stand cause i want to know whos it is. i will give it back if they call. if they give me any crap im goen to tell them to pic it up at the police station. there are posted signs around the whole peoperty. we had a guy keep saying that he owned part of the property and he had the deed that said so. we told him bring us the deed and show us and we will move the posted signs. that was last year and we havent seen him yet.
    RhnstnCowboy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2583
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 18:08:04 (permalink)
    My buddy bought a piece of property about five years ago. Last year he found some guy hunting on his land. He asked the guy what he was doing and the trespasser said that he had permission from Joe Blow (former owner.) The guy refused to leave, even after my buddy explained to him that he was NOW the owner and had bought it from the former owner. The just kept repeating that he had permission from so and so. The guy was a real hot head, so my buddy called the cops.

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
    - T. Fleming
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 18:31:15 (permalink)
       It all comes down to property lines. When I got my little 10 acres in upstate NY I had it surveyed and I then painted the trees between the ribbons. So nobody could misinterpret the lines or mess with the ribbons. Even with that it aint posted and never will be - just so I know.
      Like I said before - most arent sure- ya know- the line is 'over there near that tree- at least according to the guy I bought it from 2o years ago.
    post edited by retired guy - 2011/11/07 20:55:54
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 19:03:53 (permalink)
    You must proceed to deal with trespassers with caution. With all that is public someone can easily find out who's phone number was left and retaliate against one. Todays world has unfortunately turned to violent war zone. You may think just because someone told you to manage their property you are in the right when in fact the trespasser has more rights than you think. You must know the proper way to deal with trespassers or you may find yourself in a position that could be costly.
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Note 2011/11/07 20:55:02 (permalink)
        Good point OA the L/E and courts always need  to have the complaintants 'standing' rock solid to make an arrest- Just cause you say 'somebody told me to be the guy' simply dont cut it as far as representing the interest of a true owner without it being at least in writing .
         Took care of a nearby Boys camp like that for years and even though I was on the local PD had to have that 'standing' in writing in order to have duty guys make arrests there to proceed in court.
       To be the complaintant in a potential criminal case requires legal issues be resolved in regard to ownership or the representation of that owner. Its not generally necessary to have a legal 'power of atty' but at least have the letter signed and dated by the true owner. Cops cant go to court cause 'some guy said so'.
       Never gave a hoot bout that' war zone' stuff even though I lived right next door and was readily available for anyone who wanted to do somethin crazy- like bring a knife to a gun fight.
    post edited by retired guy - 2011/11/07 20:58:18
    Jump to: