Common Courtesy Question

Author
SevenMileShowcase
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 542
  • Reward points: 0
2011/10/29 15:04:20 (permalink)

Common Courtesy Question

so yesterday morning I ran into a guy walking around my stand, he was from the apartments nearby and had no idea who the land owner was, says he's hunted there for 5 years. Im hunting a creek bottom and bedding area.
I said ya the owner is this and that and its not posted you can hunt but if you would be kindest to hunt farther away from the stand you can go anywhere (like 80 acres) he said ya i dont hunt much just saw a nice buck walk down through the back last night and figured id go out. so he went on his merry way.
5 o clock rules around and hear noise to my left ( it s thick ) so i rattled and gave a grunt . . nothing
then i see the guy walking down in the bedding, he stepped right in a scrape and broke off a branch on a rub bush ( it gets better) he took an old lawnchair placed it right in their bedding and sat down with out a hat, and he's bald. I waved and whistled but he just ignored me. Now I'm hoping this doesnt screw it up cause ive had two 120 plus deer and prob close to a 140 on camera and seen during the day. Will that screw up that area? should i move my stand?

9 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/10/30 00:21:36 (permalink)
    It might, maybe not.  If he keeps at it then yes, probably.  It helps to know where the deer go after they are pressured.   We are close to the point now where it's not about the buck bedding area anymore.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    SevenMileShowcase
    Expert Angler
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/10/30 12:23:28 (permalink)
    Ya its also a crossover on the creek, and from two roads. I had 30 last week over 3 days or so. The past two havent seen one
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/10/31 00:13:23 (permalink)
    Gota agree it could and couldn't. You are just experiencing the joys of guys out hunting without a clue. See why people post. You give up your location and pizz him off you might not ever see your stand again. There all out there. Choose your hunting areas wisely.
    SevenMileShowcase
    Expert Angler
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/10/31 19:16:49 (permalink)
    Yes good point. He would have trouble getting it out of there unless he take a chainsaw and cuts er down

East side love is living on the west end
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/11/01 00:30:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SevenMileShowcase

Yes good point. He would have trouble getting it out of there unless he take a chainsaw and cuts er down

Or takes a hack saw and leaves part on the tree. I've seen that also. Some one that clueless usually doesn't stick around the same area very long. Be still, quiet and patient grasshopper!
    SevenMileShowcase
    Expert Angler
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/11/01 21:28:35 (permalink)
    Ha thank you sir, well havent seen him but we had fog this morning couldnt see more than 10 feet so i packed it in and slept in my car. I got up at like 2 and went out. I made a phonecall around 4 and then proceeded to see a small buck following my estrus trail so i hung up got the bow gave him a grunt. he was small i passed on him, a legal 6 point. 15 minutes later a spike came through, 2 doe and a fawn. to my left rolled in a big deer nice rack out past the ears i gave him a grunt he looked and saw the spike and 2 doe and busted, idk i never had that happen. but maybe ill get him tommorow, i may have to follow your advice and stay quiet, see where he goes

BIG WAGS
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 334
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/11/03 22:25:51 (permalink)
    What would you have done???

I decided to take a rookie hunter, his 2nd year, out for some turkey hunting this past Monday. Birds were talking from the get go...I think the fog got them confused...worked a hen, about 10 lbs. up to 20 feet from my boots. I was hoping she would walk past me as the rookie was 50 yards to my left. Well as usual turkeys do the opposite of what you want. She turned and circled me and talked for the next hour 50 yards behind me. So I repositioned on the other side of the rookie and hoped she would follow. Gave a few purrs and she answered.
    Waited 5 minutes then hit her up again. Another hunter was 100 yards further out the ridge, which we never saw, yells "Gobble, Gobble A** Hole."

OPTIONS:
    A. squeeze off 3 shots, Mossberg is quite loud
    B. grunt, snort, wheeze,
    C. yell "WOW look at the 10 point running away"
    D. just walk away leave the D*** Weed alone.

SevenMileShowcase
    Expert Angler
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/11/04 13:10:09 (permalink)
    I'd a shot the dam turkey haha

BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2130
    RE: Common Courtesy Question 2011/11/05 09:00:06 (permalink)
    Well lets see wags, you have a gun and he has a bow I presume. I'd a shot the turkey and than confronted him and asked him if he had a F'in problem.
    Jump to: