goose hunting question?

Author
blaze16412
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 245
  • Reward points: 0
2011/10/26 18:51:02 (permalink)

goose hunting question?

Ok we found a field where the geese were landing down low in a field not on the high point of the field. We noticed that the birds would then slowly  walk to a cut corn field but they didn't land in the corn. As some birds went to the corn some fed in the clover field. Now this corn field is small and the birds had to walk across a tractor path/road to get there. So the following morning the wind direction was the same but not as strong we decided to set up into the clover field where some of the birds were feeding and landed. At this spot there was easy 175 birds the morning before. As we got set up there was only three of us and our blinds were stubbled to every inch with clover and grass. We were running about 2 doz full body ffds and big foots combined. Now we had a single come in we shot it a group of 10 came and we shot a couple. But then when the bigger flocks of like 40 to 60 birds started to come they would circle us and circle us but to high and at one time one of the larger flocks landed on the high point 80 yards in front of us. I feel we had a good setup but the birds wouldn't finish. Our decoy spread was kind of a straight line with us with big gaps for landing space and we left a couple decoys looking like they just landed and were walking into the group.And we only run two calls i dont feel like we over called. Now I was wondering if anyone could tell me if we should of put out more decoys? Setup on the higher part or corn field? Or are the larger flocks just going to do what they want?

Thanks in advance, Blaze  

I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

2 Replies Related Threads

thunderpole
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 933
    RE: goose hunting question? 2011/10/27 02:36:33 (permalink)
    IMO Idk man we always have trouble wit big groups like that it seams hidden good we almost anyways have it all out 3 to 4 doz ghg fullbodys flocked and not and doz b2s thats alot of eyes on ya circling where you flagging? Its hard to say glad you out at it tho my****is stuck in a tree till a kill been doin some duckin tho woodies its so hard

to jugle it all wit my job hope I get layed off Need to be hunting not working ot dangit
    blaze16412
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 245
    RE: goose hunting question? 2011/10/27 16:42:58 (permalink)
    Yea we used the flags and they were reacting great to them they just wouldn't fully come to us but we are gonna be back at this weekend.. i did see snow flying today can't wait!!!!!

I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Jump to: