A time to re-visit the Policies
FishUSA.com Forums Acceptable Use Policies
It is the policy of FishUSA.com that the discussion boards and fishing reports should be enjoyable and appropriate for all. We use the "young viewer" standard - if a post is not appropriately viewed by a younger user, then it is not appropriate here and is subject to being edited or deleted. The following are the standards by which we judge the appropriateness of posts and the rules we will apply:
- Disagreeing with the views of others is fine. However, name-calling and personal attacks on others is not acceptable.
- Use of profanity is prohibited.
- Advocating or encouraging illegal or unethical fishing practices is prohibited.
- Mentioning specific fishing locations on private property which may cause increases in angler traffic (a/k/a "spot burning") is prohibited.
- Posts which contain lewd or vulgar content are prohibited.
- Posts which are disparaging of others based on their race, gender, age, religion, national origin or physical handicap or disability are prohibited.
- Posts which serve no other purpose than to antagonize other users (a/k/a "trolling") or creating account(s) explicitly for the purpose of creating said posts (a/k/a "troll" account
- Use of the board to advertise or promote the commercial sale of goods or services is prohibited.
- Use of the board to promote other commercial web sites or tackle shops, or web sites or tackle shops which compete with the FishUSA.com, FishErie.com or FishSalmonRiver.com web sites is prohibited.
If, in our sole judgment, a post violates our policies, we or one of our moderators may edit it or delete it.
We apply the same standards to reports posted on the fishing reports section of our regional sites. In addition, we may remove any post to the reports section that, in our sole opinion, is not a valid or credible fishing report.
If a user violates our policies, we may send an email warning that user that future violations will result in that user being banned from our sites, including these discussion boards. Egregious violations may result in a user being banned from our sites without prior warning. If we ban a user from our sites, that user will no longer be permitted to access or attempt to access any of our sites and any attempt to do so will be considered a trespass to our property.
Although these boards are intended for the discussion of fishing-related issues, we will permit other topics to be discussed if they are reasonable.
If you believe a post is offensive or inappropriate, please contact the moderator by email, or us by email at email@example.com
. Please recognize that we may not be aware of an offending post if it is not brought to our attention.
Time to clean up the "Act" before this board goes down the drain ....
As a Mod on another board - I seen it happen ....