Looking for info on recurve maker from Sigel

Author
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
  • Reward points: 0
2011/08/21 20:07:13 (permalink)

Looking for info on recurve maker from Sigel

Many years ago a friend of mine had a recurve made from a bow maker in the Sigel area. Now were talking about back in the 70's. My very good friend Tom had a place off of 949 past Clear Creek state park, back Paine Lane. He ran into a guy one day hunting by the name of George Harper who was also archery hunting. As the conversation progressed my friend Tom found that George was a bow maker had asked George to make him a custom recurve and he did exactly that. It was a beautiful 55# black walnut riser with a cherry and maple laminate, maple with glass laminated limbs. My neighbor Tom had shot a few bucks with it in that general area. As Tom became older and could not shoot the recurve anymore. He passed this bow on to me which I felt honored to receive. Tom introduced me into archery a long time ago so this bow has so much more than just being a custom recurve. I was wondering if any one had any info on the bow maker George Harper as it would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies Related Threads

pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Looking for info on recurve maker from Sigel 2011/08/21 20:32:10 (permalink)

Marilyn
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Looking for info on recurve maker from Sigel 2012/04/14 18:21:52 (permalink)
    Have info on George Harper re: recurve bows. If still interested will be happy to share with you.
    DICKLINDOG
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Looking for info on recurve maker from Sigel 2013/01/01 17:25:49 (permalink)
    YES I COULD USE ANY INFO YOU CAN SUPPLY ON GEORGE HARPER
    Jump to: