Not sure about Reddington

Author
trilogy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2011/08/01 02:11:45 (permalink)

Not sure about Reddington

I am intermediate fly fisherman (fishing the Bishop CA area). I am going to upgrade from my scientific angler starter combo and I am debating between the Redington Pursuit and the Redington RS4. (Both combos) There is a $150 dollar difference....my question is it worth getting the RS4 for the $150 or will I not even notice the difference if I go with the pursuit? Thanks for the support.
-H

5 Replies Related Threads

DryflyTU
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 63
    RE: Not sure about Reddington 2011/08/01 05:04:32 (permalink)
    Call the staff at FishUSA.com at: 800.922.1219. They host this site and the staff would be able to help you make your decision on a new combo.

I have a Redington RS4 and they are good rods. The reel that comes with the RS4 combo is great too.

Eric
    RIZ
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Not sure about Reddington 2011/08/01 09:52:40 (permalink)
    it would be best to cast them to see which one you like better.  just because something costs more does not always make it better.  the rod has to fit your casting style.  these rods are listed as fast action and your old SA rod is probably a medium action, that's going to be a big change in how you cast.
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: Not sure about Reddington 2011/08/01 11:25:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RIZ

it would be best to cast them to see which one you like better.  just because something costs more does not always make it better.  the rod has to fit your casting style.  these rods are listed as fast action and your old SA rod is probably a medium action, that's going to be a big change in how you cast.

+1 Great advice.
    doubletaper
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3977
    RE: Not sure about Reddington 2011/08/01 12:55:23 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: RIZ

so true. you might not be able to feel the fast action stiffer rod load as you did the SA rod.
    in this case changing rod action, i would agree with RIZ, might want to cast them first.

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
    it's not luck
    if success is consistent 

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    RE: Not sure about Reddington 2011/08/01 13:06:58 (permalink)
    A agree with those above that advise to cast rods first.

Although, with that being written, I have always found it more difficult to go from a fast rod to a slow one than vica versa.  So you might not have a problem adjusting.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Jump to: