Author
luvinbluegills
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 955
  • Reward points: 0
2011/07/18 12:28:26 (permalink)

C&F Fly box idea

Hi guys,

I am a nut about fly boxes and, like so many of us, I have way too many. The Morell boxes are my favorites for their light weight, but the C&F are my favorites for regimented storage.

I really like model CF3308 for trout flies because it allows lots of nymphs, pupae and emergers on the left, dries and topwater attractors on the right, along with (in my case) sucker spawn and egg patterns.

However, after years of looking for the perfect bass box for my needs (fits in vest, holds not just bigger flies but also has compartments so that weedguards stay intact), I had a thought when looking at this model C&F: if Scientific Anglers would just remove every other compartment wall and then make the individual doors wide enough to match the now doubled compartments, that would be just right!

I tried to find a contact email to send them my suggestion but after searching their site for "C&F" I found out that their line of boxes now seems very limited. I dunno if they've stopped making these or if I just bungled the search.

Anyway, before I go buy another one of these boxes and mutilate it to my purposes, does anybody know if there's a box out there kinda fitting my needs?

Faith is only as good as its object
Adventures with Fish

1 Reply Related Threads

D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: C&F Fly box idea 2011/07/18 12:37:23 (permalink)
    I have had the same issue, finding a bass box small enough to fit in my pocket, but big enough to hold decent sized streamers and hair bugs. Post if you find a good one, please.

I have heard that C&F lost their patent for the slit type boxes, and several companies now make them. Not sure if that is true. One is called irideous. http://www.irideus.com/

Look at the "Alvin" fly boxes.
    Jump to: