Spring fishing

Author
henhouse
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 155
  • Reward points: 0
2011/02/23 19:49:18 (permalink)

Spring fishing

Thinking of a trip to New York in March and was wondering if any folks have any advice or info to share. Been to the Oak and 18 mile in the past; but only in the fall. From what I read the Spring time fishing is for Steelies mostly. Have fished Erie in the Spring years ago. The New York steelies that I have seen caught in the fall have some nice color and look to be bigger in size, on average. If the price of gas keeps jumping I may be like a lot of folks and rethink the idea of traveling too far.

1 Reply Related Threads

dewey123
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 210
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Spring fishing 2011/02/24 20:39:56 (permalink)
    I catch them fall winter and spring. Caught a steelhead and a brown this morning before work lost a bunch. Theres fish in there if your looking for something different and have the money for a charter get someone to take you out and drift the lower niagara its alot of fun and nice scenery no people messing with you crossing lines being stupid and your fishing less pressured fish so they arent all beat when you catch them. In the lower niagara you can keep 3 steelhead if you are keeping them and only 1 in the ontario tribs. March will be a good time to go no matter where you go there will be fish
    Jump to: