Simple Simon Search Pattern

Author
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
  • Reward points: 0
2011/02/21 19:33:54 (permalink)

Simple Simon Search Pattern

I posted a close up of one over in the senyo dubbing thread. I was going to post them all over there but thought they deserved thier own thread. I changed up one of my sculpin patterns to make it more steelhead friendly. Lots more movement and bigger profile built in here. Also used uv materials. I am a big believer in the uv stuff. They are starting to get more press but I have been using them for years. I never got into the science of it. I just noticed that it moved more fish when others werent. I could just be better then the other guys, but I'm giving credit to the material. For the most part I stuck with color combos that work for me. Did add a new one though. Rumor on the street is red/orange is where it is at with the sun up high. I've always fished yellow/orange in that situation but I am up for a change. For a little while at least. Enjoy this troop of my army.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!

3 Replies Related Threads

bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2515
    RE: Simple Simon Search Pattern 2011/02/22 13:28:55 (permalink)
    Very nice work.

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
    Quote: E.B. White

KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: Simple Simon Search Pattern 2011/02/22 13:45:50 (permalink)
    diggin that red/orange and the olive!

norm289
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 932
    RE: Simple Simon Search Pattern 2011/02/22 16:58:52 (permalink)
    Good stuff! Now we just need a tutorial lol!

"If I'm not going to catch anything, then I'd rather not catch anything on flies." Bob Lawless

"Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly." John Gierach
    Jump to: