I honestly think its BS

Author
HardCore Fisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 519
  • Reward points: 0
2007/11/04 15:08:12 (permalink)

I honestly think its BS

That in Pennsylvania the rut gets to be barely hunted by us hunters, whoopty do us bow hunters get to hunt the pre rut an maybe if we're lucky depending on where you live their moving already but here, their barely chasing yet and i have absolutly not even seen 1 scrape yet or a good rub line, i've only seen smaller bucks chasing occasionally on my way home from work every evening and none out hunting yet. All the big bucks are still nocturnal here and I usually still see them late at night while coming home. The state acts & seems like they want us to kill all these deer and they won't even let us hunt the best part of the year. Same with rifle season even though i could careless about it and after the first Monday's bangs, they decide to hide for the next 6 months, rifle hunters are lucky if they get to hunt the final days of the rut and again depending on where you live, the deer are already done rutting and starting their winter patterns. If you look at most of the states out west, they get to hunt the whole rut period, pre to post and mostly all 3 stages are in a season as compared to us, why can't we ? I would give up the first week of bow to get to hunt 1 more week in November. Anyone else have any opinions on this ? just wanting to hear some.

Ronnie

6 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: I honestly think its BS 2007/11/04 15:44:25 (permalink)
    I would give up the first FOUR weeks to have one added at the end.  This year it's not as important.  This week should be the week.  I've seen lots of small bucks chasing.  The biggens should start in the next few days.

Unified Sportsman's are against having bow season extended.   We have too many hunters at this time .. to get the season extended.  Too many rifle hunters complain about it.  They think bowhunters kill all the big bucks.  That's a crock of §hit.  With archery 6 weeks and rifle 2, you're basically telling me it's ONLY 3 times as hard to kill a deer with a bow than a gun ??  Right ...

In your lifetime, you're going to see it.  I'll bet you'll see it within the next 15 years.  Sept - January.
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: I honestly think its BS 2007/11/04 16:54:06 (permalink)

I'll have to say that if I could trade the first two weeks of archery for two more on the end I would be willing to give up hunting with the rifle. I think there is some merit to the non archers complaints  that bow hunters in this age with the modern equipment are capable of making a large dent in the already depleted deer herd. We will never get them all but if I wasn't a bow hunter I would be bi---ing myself.
    HardCore Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 519
    RE: I honestly think its BS 2007/11/04 18:28:33 (permalink)
    Decided to take a walk in the woods tonight with the Beagle and found 3 fresh scrapes within about a 30 yard circle, very very fresh, was still damp & wet with urine, this was around 4:30-5 so that buck was walkin early, I didn't hesitate in putting a stand up there too, found a small rub line too but it wasn't too serious looking, I guess things are finally pickin up in my woods, i'll still stick with my other post about wanting a few more weeks to hunt the rut, just 1 week to hunt it, only 1 whole day for me and maybe a few afternoons and mornings, isn't enough time to get a buck let alone a nice 1.

Ronnie
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: I honestly think its BS 2007/11/22 02:39:09 (permalink)
    I think the goofy weather pushed the main activity of the rut back a week or two.  I'd trade the first week or two for a week or two at the end in a heartbeat.

Unified Sportsmen are run by a bunch of fools.  I'm sure there is plenty of common sense among the rank and file.  Too bad you dont see any of it at the top levels of the organization.
    Maga2120
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 259
    RE: I honestly think its BS 2007/11/22 12:54:13 (permalink)
    if the unified sportsmen think archery hunters kill to many bucks then why dont they archery hunt? or would it be to hard to get a deer WALKING at 30 yards instead of them at a dead sprint at 100 yards away
    steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: I honestly think its BS 2007/11/22 20:15:58 (permalink)
    Wonder how many of Unified Sportman shoot button buck the first day or through the season? Maybe thats why they dont see too many buck the next year. Wait thats common sense, I'm sorry.
    Jump to: