Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/12 12:31:35 (permalink)

Ice in 1 month ????

Last year we 1st stepped on the ice Dec 13th (not up north either, locally !!) ... wonder if we'll be out that early this year ??

37 Replies Related Threads

eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/11/14 09:57:04 (permalink)
    According to "The Almanac" we should be on Round Lake December 11th.  Can't wait and I will believe it when that happens.  Already getting cold enough up North in Tupper Lake area.  Just need the weather to stay the same for another two weeks.
    Weeds were wicked on Putnam Pond, but we got three nice northerns  and one hugh largemouth on our last trip with buddies from Whitehall.  Road in is really torn up and needs some attention for those ice fishing in the winter.

Eagle Ed
    58 FASTWIN
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 62
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/01 12:04:26 (permalink)
    Looks like you boys are going to be right.....looks promising. I may need to make the trip to NY again. Love the Adirondacks....

"Boy, you should have been there yesterday..."
    got em
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 107
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/06 18:43:38 (permalink)
    gonna due a little scouting sat and sun this week...keeping my fingers crossed to be on the hardwater before x-mas....
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 15:52:08 (permalink)
    Doesn't look too promising with all this wind. Once the wind settles down we should get some skim ice as a base and then we can build on that. As Brian says we were out much earlier last year. I was on Round Lake with NY Yank/Hook Line & Sinker the first weekend in December last year

Eagle Ed

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 17:08:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: eagleed

Doesn't look too promising with all this wind. Once the wind settles down we should get some skim ice as a base and then we can build on that. As Brian says we were out much earlier last year. I was on Round Lake with NY Yank/Hook Line & Sinker the first weekend in December last year

Eagle Ed

Not quite the first weekend but hey short term memory sucks , right..
    What happened to all that Tupper ice last week ?
    Well I will say this.. There is ice to be walked on & the clique knows where . Same place as last Dec-13th Too bad its 80 & sunny in Arizona or I'd be there also ..

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    jman0998
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 19:13:25 (permalink)
    sure hot tuna theres ice. if you count a frozen pool in your backyard then sure theres ice only you know about

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he has to buy a rod, a reel, line, sinkers, swivels, hooks, leaders, lures, crankbaits, live bait, soft plastics and bobbers.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 19:47:53 (permalink)
    jman0998,
    4 days ago I would have seriously doubted it. After spending 3 days at a freezing, winter, cold higher elevation deer camp & camping there which is not even in the north country. Now given the latest single digit night temps with more upcoming. I'd say the boys will find ice to fish on at our last years road trip pond this weekend and not my in ground swimming pool.

Always remember the basics of ice fishing.. SAFETY !!!
    1.don't do it alone
    2.bring a long rope with a floatable buoy attached
    3.spud bar or chisel to test thickness
    4.test holes in shallow water
    5.if you feel unsafe then it is unsafe

Honestly Im pizzed I have to wait until the 3rd annual ice gathering

dec-13-2009
    post edited by hot tuna - 2010/12/07 19:51:54

jman0998
    New Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 19:52:03 (permalink)
    well i live up in the mountains and we had 5 inches of snow today but not even the pond down the road is frozen. and if u don't want me saying anything don't bring up the clique because then people think you're trying to start something.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he has to buy a rod, a reel, line, sinkers, swivels, hooks, leaders, lures, crankbaits, live bait, soft plastics and bobbers.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 20:01:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jman0998

well i live up in the mountains and we had 5 inches of snow today but not even the pond down the road is frozen. and if u don't want me saying anything don't bring up the clique because then people think you're trying to start something.

Too Funny !!

Peace & Tuna

jman0998
    New Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 20:02:07 (permalink)
    Its true

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 20:08:33 (permalink)

Its true

well not really.. my kid just told me there is no ice on my pool..

Just sharing info (still)

eagleed
    Expert Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/07 22:36:36 (permalink)
    This year probably the same as in 2008 at Putnam Pond with an 0 fer the day. 2009 0 fer the day at Loon Lake and probably the same this year. Hopefully no one was paying for the great Adirondack guide service to have another non-plus day.

Eagle Ed
    ORIGINAL: hot tuna

ORIGINAL: eagleed

Eagle Ed

Not quite the first weekend but hey short term memory sucks , right..
    What happened to all that Tupper ice last week ?
    Well I will say this.. There is ice to be walked on & the clique knows where . Same place as last Dec-13th Too bad its 80 & sunny in Arizona or I'd be there also ..

post edited by eagleed - 2010/12/08 06:03:12
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/08 10:31:54 (permalink)
    sure hot tuna theres ice. if you count a frozen pool in your backyard then sure theres ice only you know about

I'll be walking on ice next weekend ... and with-in a 1/2 hour of Albany.
    Just need to explore a little.
    post edited by bassinbrian - 2010/12/08 11:34:19
    jman0998
    New Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/08 16:36:31 (permalink)
    Yah you tell him Ed. At my lake you couldn't go a day without at least getting a few nice crappy, a bass or some pickerel.

got em
    Avid Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/08 19:26:45 (permalink)
    recon tomorrow at a secret spot in..can't tell ya..your right bb....he he...friday the gear gets in the van...out with the SOFT water gear in with the HARDWATER GEAR....ICE FISHING RULES...hey tuna thanks fer the secret spot..maybe sat or sun...road trip...me and the dog...bsed with him tonight........
    post edited by got em - 2010/12/08 20:40:50
    jman0998
    New Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/08 20:36:36 (permalink)
    guess i got lucky and found a spot that's somewhat able for ice fishing. gotta test out the ice first, but if i get out and catch anything ill post a pic

got em
    Avid Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/08 21:01:36 (permalink)
    aint no ice in winnenskill..he..he...only jacks burger joint.........ummm....one month...I dont think sooo...
    Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/09 05:45:05 (permalink)
    Ed.... i already told you we don't care if you SCREAM PUTNAM POND OVER AND OVER in an attempt to **** us off.... we don't fish there anymore .... perhaps that monster bass you caught there (thanks for setting those trips up RJ) is eating everything.

Ship of Fools
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/09 10:17:53 (permalink)

ain't no mountains in Wynantskill my friend ......  
    jman0998
    New Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/09 17:18:17 (permalink)
    yah BUT i have a stepdad and i spend tons of time at his house. ever heard of new Lebanon? right up in the mountains

eagleed
    Expert Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/09 22:19:38 (permalink)
    Ship:

Why would I want to ****you guys off about Putnam Pond,Crane Pond, etc. My wife is from Whitehall and I fish with some of the friends she grew up with and that's where they fish besides South Bay. Those aren't really secret places so I don't consider it spot burning. I thought you guys were adults.
    When we fished Putnam Pond in October we still had a great time catching plenty of pike and a couple largemouths. Road in there is really bad for those wishing to ice fish it.
    I'm happy with Saratoga Lake, Round Lake, Ballston Lake, Sacandaga Lake, Moreau Lake, Spier Falls on the Hudson, Lake George at the Camp Ground/Bolton/Diamond Point/Silver Bay/Hague, Mohawk @ Ft. Johnson, Brant Lake, Schroon Lake, etc.

Eagle Ed
    ORIGINAL: Ship of Fools

Ed.... i already told you we don't care if you SCREAM PUTNAM POND OVER AND OVER in an attempt to **** us off.... we don't fish there anymore .... perhaps that monster bass you caught there (thanks for setting those trips up RJ) is eating everything.

got em
    Avid Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/09 22:36:40 (permalink)
    stepped on 3 inches today ...conroys in the morn around 8 fer some bait..drillin holes at 9.....silver caravan...catch me if ya can...
    post edited by got em - 2010/12/09 22:43:31
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/10 09:28:40 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: got em

stepped on 3 inches today ...conroys in the morn around 8 fer some bait..drillin holes at 9.....silver caravan...catch me if ya can...

Good deal man ... and you know i'll find ya HAHA
    Might take a trip Sunday am ????

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/10 12:20:05 (permalink)
    Ed , yes this is directed toward you.. I do not believe a word you say and yes you only keep referencing those places because you were asked not to .. They are places that do not receive a lot of pressure unless someone is compelled to continually bring them to light in an open forum .. If they had been your regular haunts then why after our first outing in 07 did you ask for directions and that one and only time you sent a crappy photo of a bass caught there. ? Strange ..Also if the fishing was so great back in October and you talk about sharing why has there been absolutely no reports in the forums about any fishing . Well no matter I believe for you it's just about sitting behind a screen exposing others outings more then getting out and fishing yourself. Fishing is something that we do not just blowing smoke. It's too bad that you turned this site into a **** show and not what it once was , great folks sharing photos and advice about fishing.. Reason none of the past-present members will no longer actively
    participate (remember last cast & blitz ? ) they had enough as well.
    So it looks like you have got things just as you wish.. a dead sea where you keep dumping more salt.

I will be fishing your local haunt this year , Lake Lonely . If you wish to continue conversation there feel free to stop over. I will not continue this discussion here any longer.

Peace & Tuna

got em
    Avid Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/10 13:51:26 (permalink)
    fished for three hrs today and got skunked...I wont spot burn but I didnt travel more than twenty ft.from shore at this body of water...spikes..around the neck of course....used the aqua and only saw one sm perch and some scuds..funny looking things....be smart and safe its still way early...dont take chances..
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/10 16:46:19 (permalink)
    Funny about me referencing places I was asked not to mention when they are spots frequented by many people that regularly ice fish and not secret places. As for Putnam Pond in October I did post how I and the guys from Whitehall did that day, but someone removed it probably because I referenced you as the babysitter of this site when you say you don't care for your clicque or you to use it. We caught four pike and a few largemouths on live bait in October. As for Jimmy telling me about Putnam Pond it was because I was going there during the week and could not join you guys on the weekend as I officiate volleyball.
    The crappy photo of the bass was posted by Reel Force when he asked me how I did. You killed this site when you decided to get a group that had posted here together and hassle Wisdom when he became Moderator. This dead sea is picking up again thanks to those who ignore your pleas to stop posting. Fish USA prefers that we post and tell where we catch fish so others might enjoy the same privilege. Ice fishing is not an exclusive right to spots because you get a license to fish or guide people.

Eagle Ed
    ORIGINAL: hot tuna

Ed , yes this is directed toward you.. I do not believe a word you say and yes you only keep referencing those places because you were asked not to .. They are places that do not receive a lot of pressure unless someone is compelled to continually bring them to light in an open forum .. If they had been your regular haunts then why after our first outing in 07 did you ask for directions and that one and only time you sent a crappy photo of a bass caught there. ? Strange ..Also if the fishing was so great back in October and you talk about sharing why has there been absolutely no reports in the forums about any fishing . Well no matter I believe for you it's just about sitting behind a screen exposing others outings more then getting out and fishing yourself. Fishing is something that we do not just blowing smoke. It's too bad that you turned this site into a **** show and not what it once was , great folks sharing photos and advice about fishing.. Reason none of the past-present members will no longer actively
    participate (remember last cast & blitz ? ) they had enough as well.
    So it looks like you have got things just as you wish.. a dead sea where you keep dumping more salt.

I will be fishing your local haunt this year , Lake Lonely . If you wish to continue conversation there feel free to stop over. I will not continue this discussion here any longer.

Peace & Tuna

jman0998
    New Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/10 17:41:59 (permalink)
    How about we all agree to drop this subject? This is a fishing site, ok?  Nobody is innocent here and we shouldn't be trying to trash each other.you know a little while ago i was looking at soem old forums like the old get togethers at snyders lake and everybody got along you know? this site was all about friends and fishing.
    post edited by jman0998 - 2010/12/10 18:32:14

REEL FORCE
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/10 20:21:59 (permalink)
    FishUSA.com Forums Acceptable Use Policies It is the policy of FishUSA.com that the discussion boards and fishing reports should be enjoyable and appropriate for all. We use the "young viewer" standard - if a post is not appropriately viewed by a younger user, then it is not appropriate here and is subject to being edited or deleted. The following are the standards by which we judge the appropriateness of posts and the rules we will apply:
    • Disagreeing with the views of others is fine. However, name-calling and personal attacks on others is not acceptable.
    • Use of profanity is prohibited.
    • Advocating or encouraging illegal or unethical fishing practices is prohibited.
    • Mentioning specific fishing locations on private property which may cause increases in angler traffic (a/k/a "spot burning") is prohibited.
    • Posts which contain lewd or vulgar content are prohibited.
    • Posts which are disparaging of others based on their race, gender, age, religion, national origin or physical handicap or disability are prohibited.
    • Posts which serve no other purpose than to antagonize other users (a/k/a "trolling") or creating account(s) explicitly for the purpose of creating said posts (a/k/a "troll" account)
    • Use of the board to advertise or promote the commercial sale of goods or services is prohibited.
    • Use of the board to promote other commercial web sites or tackle shops, or web sites or tackle shops which compete with the FishUSA.com, FishErie.com or FishSalmonRiver.com web sites is prohibited.

In the future there will be no exceptions - Keep it fishing - or keep it to yourself !
    post edited by REEL FORCE - 2010/12/10 20:25:41
    jman0998
    New Angler
    RE: Ice in 1 month ???? 2010/12/10 20:44:15 (permalink)
    thanks reel

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: