Raystown Bass

Author
AKKingBuster
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/16 09:28:33 (permalink)

Raystown Bass

Well we launched at Aitch yesterday morning around 6:00am, while at the launch we discovered they had stocked Muskie's. There were about 40 of them inside the dock area, all about 6 inches long. Say what you want, I was glad to see them. I enjoy the occasional Musky. Fishing was slow on the lake with the clear skies, but we did manage to catch three and lost one nice fish. The fish we caught took wacky worms, shakyheads and a rattle trap. As you can see there was no consistancy at all, though we did miss several bites on the shakyhead. Others that we talked to did not fair very well either, I think that three fish in the boat was a good day considering the conditions. I really think that they need to lower the lake for the winter in an attempt to get rid of same of the weeds. Things should get better as the water cools or atleast here's hoping. God Bless and have a good day.

2 Replies Related Threads

Harry67
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Raystown Bass 2010/09/22 01:10:01 (permalink)
    Been a long time since i bass fished on raystown. My fav bait was jig and pig. The best jigs were small 1/4 to 1/2 oz brown, black, green or blue bucktails with a small pork rind. White sometimes but everyone used white. This bait fished on steep drops with woody cover would wear your arm out. Try it, it might still work. You might have a problem finding colored bucktails though. Rubber jigs just don't match up to bucktails on raystown.

Give me a fish and I'll eat it. Teach me to fish and I'll eat lots of it.
    Bigpikeguy
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 95
    RE: Raystown Bass 2010/09/22 08:48:55 (permalink)
    If you guys ever need any bucktails of any size or color let me know. I should be able to help you out. I am the owner of Scared Fishless Tackle Company. You may of heard of us you may have not. Unkle Joe's in altoona sales some of our stuff. We have a website www.scaredfishless.com but its kinda outdated because im working on a bigger better one. We carry way more than what is on the website. We are a custom tackle company, so if you need it, cant find it, ask me i may be able to help you or point you in the right direction. I got alot of conections :)

Anyway im gonna tie myself up some of them jigs and see how they work, never know i may get me a lunker. I really like using X-raps and cranks down thee this time of year on the drop offs. That normaly does the trick for me but if not i will be diggin in my soft plastics binder till i fins something that works lol. Tight lines!
    Jump to: