fish caller

Author
mr.crappie
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2549
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/11 21:09:14 (permalink)

fish caller

I just read a ad for an item that hooks on your rod & you strum it to make a twangy vibration go down your line that supposedly attracts fish to you bait. I think that it is worth trying for ice fishing instead of tapping the rod to add a subtle action to your jig.The only concern that I have is that it may be harmful to the rod itself. It was showcased in the Aug.- sept. issue of In-Fisherman. sam

2 Replies Related Threads

2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: fish caller 2010/09/12 12:05:12 (permalink)
    if you are talking about the Buzzstik, it does help, especially with small plastics like the ratso and shrimpo or any other plastic that has a small slender tail..........I have one, the woman uses it.....and the kids like it......but the kids would rather fish with ice blues rods or the St. Croix Legend with the spring bobber tip

the buzzstik runs on a watch battery........not sure what I paid for the combo, but guessing around 30 bucks.....

I'd save the cash and go for the St. Croix Legend ice fishing rod.......

www.2bonthewater.com
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    RE: fish caller 2010/09/12 20:58:20 (permalink)
    This is just a piece of spring wire that attatches to your rod & you flick it occasionaly. looks like it hits your rod so that the line vibrates. It was about $12. It looks like it might be fun to try,but I would make one before I spent $12 on it.I usualy just tap the rod with my trigger finger,works for me. sam
    Jump to: