any bucks yet

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Maga2120
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 259
  • Reward points: 0
RE: any bucks yet 2007/11/04 00:21:30 (permalink)
congratulations... to me  in your picture it looks like the buck is happy sitting there... and today i passed up about a half dozen does this morning waiting for a buck and he never showed.then this evening about 2 mins before i wanted to climb down a big doe showed up so i shot her.My rage broadhead did its job.it opened up on contact with a huge hole,i only wish i would of got a double lung,i shot her in the spine and droped her.

Now im just wondering if i can finish off the season i stumbled getting outa my climber and stept on my bow string and nocked it off the cam :( and now is when it gets good
A1H Skyraider
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 538
RE: any bucks yet 2007/11/04 08:26:08 (permalink)
LOL, I went back and looked at the deer in my picture and he does seem to have a little smile.  He is happy in the fridge right now.  Congrats on the doe she will taste fine. Any deer shot with a stick and a string is a trophy.  Oh, another best practice for you bow hunters, at the end of the night when lowering down you bow, lower it on the opposite side of the tree from your ladder, tree steps, or the side you being your climber down.  I too have stepped on my bow years ago in the dark crushing my sight. I mostly hunt fixed stands now. If possible I now actually hang my pull up rope (I leave one at each stand because I make my own out of parachute cord and those cheap clips you get on keychains now) off of a branch two or three feet away from the trunk of the tree.  the rope stops 4 to 5 feet from the ground so I dont have to let my bow hit the ground.  I hope you can just get the string on and get hunting again, that buck is waiting.
post edited by mak7464 - 2007/11/04 08:42:07
Maga2120
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 259
RE: any bucks yet 2007/11/04 08:44:31 (permalink)
me too im taking it soon as the shop opens...
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: