My DSR Experience

Author
johnnyb
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/22 16:45:38 (permalink)

My DSR Experience

First let me thank Old Salty for the fine tips and obvious knowledge of the DSR, your the man. Well, we left at 2am fri 10/19 after some mechanical problems (fuel pump just decided to take a ****...I finally made it to the DSR 11am. and 490.00 dollars lighter  OUCH!) no sooner than I geared up and picked up my pass did the skys open up and mother nature said well he thought his day was bad..now look at what I'm gonna do...yes it rained not just rain buckets of rain. At that point I was determined to fish anyway so walked down the steps behind the shack went right, and found a nice little run to start 5 mins in I was fighting a nice king....since i basically had the river to myself escept for a few die-hards I decided to hit the Joss,  landed a nice chromer after some beautiful air ballet shows and some awesom runs,, then a nice COHO Salmon..and about two dozen hook ups and landings of various chromers, kings, and coho..THE BEST DAMM DAY OF MY LIFE !!!!!!!
I can't describe the blast I had just catching and releasing all those fish, Sat I decided to give it a go again, lots of hook ups nothing landed and alot more fishing pressure as the skys were much more abiding..  guess when the water is low I'm going to the DSR from now on!  thanks again for the help and advice...I'm goin back in NOV maybe 2nd or 3rd week  I'm hooked on chromers now..damm I can't waite!  I'll try and post a pic of the steelie, if I can figure out how to do it..

4 Replies Related Threads

johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    RE: My DSR Experience 2007/10/22 18:50:00 (permalink)
    think I screwed up again...my special thanks should be to Hot Tuna.........for the info on the DSR........please accept my appologies.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: My DSR Experience 2007/10/22 19:15:49 (permalink)

jrb:
    i was waiting to hear how the trip went.
    Excellent report and sucks about the pump but boy your dedicated
    as for the thing with the joss or any hole for that matter, if there are crowds, i keep walking
    they all hold fish and are great as long as un pressured.
    again Kudos!!!!

I'll be fishing Fri Nov-9 thru 11th
    there are a few other fellow anglers going up then as well, 1 from this forum and 1 (firm) from another
    if the rest get their priorities(fishing) straight we should have some great anglers together
    your welcome to share some water with us.
    so far the plan is Fri-mid to upper river / Sat DSR /Sun ?

P.S.
    Old Salt is right on in my book
    post edited by hot tuna - 2007/10/22 19:16:48

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: My DSR Experience 2007/10/23 19:45:18 (permalink)
    Sounds like you had a great time too. My day with Gottum wasn't the greatest day of my life, but it was **** close!

Lyrical
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    RE: My DSR Experience 2007/10/31 13:31:46 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: hot tuna

jrb:
    i was waiting to hear how the trip went.
    Excellent report and sucks about the pump but boy your dedicated
    as for the thing with the joss or any hole for that matter, if there are crowds, i keep walking
    they all hold fish and are great as long as un pressured.
    again Kudos!!!!

I'll be fishing Fri Nov-9 thru 11th
    there are a few other fellow anglers going up then as well, 1 from this forum and 1 (firm) from another
    if the rest get their priorities(fishing) straight we should have some great anglers together
    your welcome to share some water with us.
    so far the plan is Fri-mid to upper river / Sat DSR /Sun ?    I'm trying to get up there that Fri, probably not till late though?  maybe sat I can hook up with you guys at the dsr?  what time do you all plan on meeting? and where?   weather outlook shows 60% chance of rain but who cares .. I'll send you a pm w/my cell number if its OK?  let me know, look foward to meeting you.

P.S.
    Old Salt is right on in my book
    Jump to: