Little J

Author
steely34
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1280
  • Reward points: 0
2010/06/14 19:52:58 (permalink)

Little J

Finally....I'll be able to get out for a few days and will be on Yellow and the Little J. It's been years - way too long since I've felt the waters of the J and forget what it's like. Sad isn't it. Was thinkin of parkin at the end of Mountain Rd and doin some walkin, castin, and thinkin.  Am I right in wondering if the sulphers are still in the air? Help appreciated. 

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

3 Replies Related Threads

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Little J 2010/06/14 20:55:20 (permalink)
    I was out last evening for the first time in a while.  I was up river and below a spring about a quarter mile... water was 69 degrees.  Didn't see any sulphurs but there should still be some 18's around.   A few blue duns, cahills, slate and yellow drakes.   Was a pretty warm evening.  Tonight would have been good for risers.

Watch yer step back there steely !

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: Little J 2010/06/14 22:04:59 (permalink)
    Like Jon said... cahills, isonychia, blue quills, and #18 sulphurs. If we get some more cool evenings there should be good spinner falls.

You'll pick up most of your fish nymphing in the riffles right now. Cahill nymphs, iso nymphs, and little sulphur nymphs are working well. Some tiny pheasant tail nymphs to match the blue quill nymphs would be a good to take along, too.

Ants are working close the banks, and beetles should start working soon.
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    RE: Little J 2010/06/15 07:23:50 (permalink)
    Don't forget to take the blue quills -- maybe even some really, really, really small ones.

Best of luck.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Jump to: