Battenkill River

Author
eagleed
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points: 0
2010/05/18 08:55:46 (permalink)

Battenkill River

River looks great, as I fished it yesterday prior to umpiring a baseball game @ Salem.  Had plenty of action with brookies/browns and saw them stock more fish just prior to leaving the East Greenwich area.  Most of the trout were caught on bead headed nymphs and all were returned to the stream.  Just a gorgeous day and nobody around.

Eagle Ed
post edited by eagleed - 2010/05/18 08:56:41

3 Replies Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Battenkill River 2010/05/18 17:58:03 (permalink)
    pretty cool ed.. was wondering about the fishing ? been pretty quiet .. Gotta love the streams right now..
    Hope you got into some of these while you were there.. Pics ?

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Battenkill River 2010/05/19 10:35:00 (permalink)
    RJ:

Since I do C & R using barbless hooks, I don't usually handle the fish or keep them out of the water too long.  Also, I'm a novice at using a digital camera for pictures, but will try to get some photos next time.
    Like you say streams are great - with no one around makes for great fishing this time of year.

Eagle Ed
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Battenkill River 2010/05/19 20:32:41 (permalink)
    well CPR (catch-photo-release) works great..
    Something I learned (which I'll never stop learning ) from a good friend is a good picture tells it all.. We all hated to take pictures because they need developing..
    This is the computer age.. Photo's of our adventures have never come so easy..

Blah,blah about hurting the wildlife.. follow some easy steps and it is almost "leave no trace"

The main thing is take MANY pictures.. Only about 1 in 10 will look good..

For fish : a good rubber net .. keep fish in water (net) until ready to shoot.. Easy task and no harm done ..
    dripping water shots are killer !!!
    Think ahead of time ... use a Tripod or position the camera BEFORE you start fishing.. Timer Baby !!
    Another real good solo shot is the release .. Low and to the water..

so it's not all about fishing .. It's about being out there & after all said & done, sitting back home and LOOKING at that experience !!

Hope that was helpful ...

Peace & Tuna

some pic's from last week...

But New York has better fishing !!!

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Jump to: