Personal Best.

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2010/05/02 17:45:53 (permalink)

Personal Best.

Launched at Henry Hudson about 8:30 this morning. Jigged a couple herring and headed to start a drift. Dropped my line in and within a couple minutes my baitrunner starts screaming. Pick up my rod the fish drops the herring. Reel in to check my bait; drop it back down and as I'm putting it back in the rod holder it takes off running again. Fish on this time. 38 1/2 inches beating my personal best of 36 inches from last year. I was so pumped I put it back in the water after measuring it at Coeyman's without taking a picture .

Tight Lines...Cheers
post edited by Wisdom - 2010/05/02 17:49:40

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

6 Replies Related Threads

chiefpanfish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: Personal Best. 2010/05/02 18:06:45 (permalink)
    Good for you Wisdom!!! My wife and I sat up in Castleton for almost 3 hours with not a run one. We anchored and also did a drift marked tons of fish. maybe during the week. Chief

Ps. Friday when we were out we saw a 3 foot Sturgeon do a dance across the surface of the water. Never saw that before pretty cool.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Personal Best. 2010/05/02 18:09:59 (permalink)
    congrats on the silver side.. next time take pic's

Ponds are hot & yup

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Personal Best. 2010/05/02 18:41:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: chiefpanfish

Good for you Wisdom!!! My wife and I sat up in Castleton for almost 3 hours with not a run one. We anchored and also did a drift marked tons of fish. maybe during the week. Chief

Ps. Friday when we were out we saw a 3 foot Sturgeon do a dance across the surface of the water. Never saw that before pretty cool.
    Yeah Chief, it was slow after that one for us too. We stayed out until about 2:30 and we were marking fish all over as well but only had one other run, if you even want to call it that. It picked up the bait and you could see the line going against the current, then it made a quick burst then nothing. If the weather is good I might make it back out Tuesday. Maybe I can remember a picture if I catch anything big this time. Oh well, it is tied for first on the leader board at Coeyman's. Probably won't stay there but it is there for now.
    Tight Lines...Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: Personal Best. 2010/05/03 18:03:45 (permalink)
    nice pics tuna, my friend also had a great weekend up there, said the brookies were popping everywhere, and he even landed a 20" laker on a streamer in the evening. Man I love spring

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    Last Cast 69
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 127
    RE: Personal Best. 2010/05/04 16:38:20 (permalink)
    nice fish. imagine that in the basin contest....
    nic brookies tuna. i might have to break away from the madness on the hudson and get some peace and quiet up north.
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    RE: Personal Best. 2010/05/04 18:49:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Last Cast 69

nice fish. imagine that in the basin contest....
    nic brookies tuna. i might have to break away from the madness on the hudson and get some peace and quiet up north.
    Thanks Last Cast. I wish I had a fish for River Basin, last I heard 6th place is 40 inches.
    Tight Lines...Cheers

Jump to: